• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokemon Sun and Moon video in Septh 14th (Japan time 10pm)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
okay so after looking around

video:
rowlet, popplio, litten, solgaleo, lunala, tapu koko, gumshoos, charjabug, vikavolt, cutiefly, bruxish, togedemaru, drampa, salandit, wimpod, bounsweet, comfey, mudsdale, mudbray, oricorio, minior, fomantis, lurantis, wishiwashi, pyukumuku, morelull, type: null, jangmo-o

coro coro:
komala, rockruff, bewear, mimikyu, stufful, sandygast, pallosand, (lugarugan)

misc:
E4: pikipek, yungoos, grubbin
Worlds: turtanator, crabrawler
movie promo: magearna

wow, the video releases have been on a roll!

So... Rockruff evo + UBs + some new mons today?
If what you say is true and Rockruff's evos are labelled Corocoro exclusive then I suspect they won't be revealled on this direct. I think they will show the two UBs though. I could possibly see them reveal the mid stage starters. I also think they'll give us another Alolan form as they didn't give us one in Corocoro. Finally I think they will introduce other characters (such as the other Kahunas or trial captains) and probably outline who Samson Oak is.

Boss Doggie

Due to a leak. The trailer went up before the magazine officially released.

interesting, what about bewear and mimikyu?
If what you say is true and Rockruff's evos are labelled Corocoro exclusive then I suspect they won't be revealled on this direct. I think they will show the two UBs though. I could possibly see them reveal the mid stage starters. I also think they'll give us another Alolan form as they didn't give us one in Corocoro. Finally I think they will introduce other characters (such as the other Kahunas or trial captains) and probably outline who Samson Oak is.

apparently it wasn't corocoro exclusive

Boss Doggie

The trailers for those came out on the 19th of that month so it was after.

So only Wishiwashi and Pyukumuku then? All right, updating.

and I just realized only 2 alola forms are Coro Coro first

man the videos have been on a roll

I hope mega evos are dead. Let them be a gen 6 thing and exist in their own universe.

Just like how Sheer Heart Attack has no weaknesses, m i rite? :p

So I guess we should expect the Rockruff evolutions, the two UBs that korokoro revealed, and then some more stuff on top of that? Kind of would follow the pattern past videos have done (re-reveal korokoro things plus something else new)

Since we seem to know all the major members of both Team Skull and Aether now, maybe we'll get some actual story details? If not that, we'll probably go a little more in-depth about the island trials and captains I guess.

If no story stuff or trials/captains info, then I guess they'll probably have another new mechanic to show off? There's got to be something we'll be surprised by in here other than more new pokemon.

edit: oh yeah like joe says the demo could come up too, that would be nice.

MicH

I wonder... If we were to get Alolan Magmar / Electabuzz / Tangela... Would we also get an Alolan form of their evolutions? 🤔 Technically those aren't gen 1 Pokemon

I wonder... If we were to get Alolan Magmar / Electabuzz / Tangela... Would we also get an Alolan form of their evolutions? 🤔 Technically those aren't gen 1 Pokemon

If something with an Alolan Form evolves, that evolution would need an Alolan Form too. But normal forms can evolve into Alolan ones.

I think this is why none of the Alolan Form pokemon are also ones with Mega Evolutions

brinstar

feels like they're making a concious decision to only give Alolan forms to Gen 1 Pokemon that haven't gotten any extra evos or Megas.

feels like they're making a concious decision to only give Alolan forms to Gen 1 Pokemon that haven't gotten any extra evos or Megas.

and so far they are all two stagers*

(exemption Raichu but cmon it's Raichu it deserves the love)

HYPE! Still want new evolutions for old Pokemon for example like gen 4 did

me too, i don't want any single stage Pokemon left outside of legendaries or gimmicks)

I wanna hear about that demo.
and the "DOWNLOAD IT TODAY ON THE ESHOP!!" announcement

DOWNLOAD IT TODAY*

*if you have registered every single pokemon game ever released online and you have a standing gamestop preorder for both Sun and Moon!

demo can be played up to 3 times!

Yeah I would subscribe the official newsletter now if you haven't already. They might not distribute a demo that way, but if they do, the whole site will crash after the announcement.

MiTYH

I wanna hear about that demo.
and the "DOWNLOAD IT TODAY ON THE ESHOP!!" announcement

I would love this. But seeing as how we're about 2 months out, I'm betting the demo comes next month. They seem to release news every week or so, so it's very probable

Forkball

Last minute guesses:

Alolan Butterfree
No Rockruff info (Corocoro Exclusive)
Samson Oak + maybe some more info relating to returning characters
Some new Pokemon
UB-02 Ultra Beasts
Poke Amie expansion

Phoenixus

Would they do the email distribution method for a demo again? Feels more special that way even if it's annoying and too limiting. :p

Top Bottom