• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokemon: Turtonator

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Tomorrow (or later today depending on your timezone) is the opening of the World Championship, right? They haven't said anything about a reveal but it's possible.

This is what this Pokemon is based off of.

hqdefault.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mata_mata

It's not supposed to be cute.

Xux

Seems like kind of a neat Pokemon. I feel like the Sun and Moon prereveals have lacked kaiju-shapes so this is refreshing.

Not my favorite pokemon but it is starting to warm up to me. Tortunator looks like it could be the final stage of either a 2 stage or 3 stage pokemon line.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
What the fuck is this?? Wow, the laws of nature... is such a fucking amateur lol. There's not supposed to be ugly animals, anywhere, ever, lol. It's unjustifiable and I don't like it. Way to go nature, your designs are trash. Nature must be all out of ideas lol. I wish we could go back to the neolithic era when everything was beautiful all the time
This post made me laugh way more than it should have.

Pokemon looks like a clown. A volcanic clown turtle.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I really enjoy exotic designs rather than "safe" designs because they went out of their way from comfort zones usually seen in designs; people being salty or going "out of ideas" is just an icing

keep 'em coming

Neiteio

When is Worlds anyway
Aug. 19-21

I think Serebii Joe said he's not expecting any reveals, although if I recall correctly, his reasoning seemed more like pessimism based on other changes Worlds has made recently (i.e. closed to public, etc).

I mean, it's still a capstone event for the franchise, one that has had reveals in the past. Perhaps we'll get something...

'15 Worlds: Pokken Wii U release window, invitational
'14 Worlds: Mega Slowbro
'13 Worlds: Mega Kangaskhan

Before that was a drastically different time in regards to how Pokémon news flowed, really. Going by the above, I recommend not expecting anything big even if we do get something.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

Before that was a drastically different time in regards to how Pokémon news flowed, really. Going by the above, I recommend not expecting anything big even if we do get something.

how so? even as far as Mega Kanga we were already receiving info at the same time as Japanese, which is similar today.

yo gamefreak has been killing it with the pokemon designs for the alola region and this guy is no exception.

i love how all the pokemon this gen are really unique and colorful, i think the only one i'm not super fond of is Bewear, but even still it's not the worst pokemon i can think of

can't wait to see more! I'm betting this guy has a couple forms before him as well.

Azuran

Banned
Torterra wasn't even good enough to be featured in that trailer despite the fact that is a grass-type and a turtle. I'm glad to see Game Freak admits its garbage and deserves to be forgotten for the rest of existence.

Neiteio

Going by that, it seems we could expect a new Pokemon, evolution or form, since they gave us something at each Worlds leading up to a new release.

Neiteio

what is it hiding on its chest?
According to the official site, it has an orifice on its chest, out of which it can expel the blast force triggered by striking its shell. However, this orifice is a weak point, so it prefers to fight with its armored back (which doubles as a trap) facing the enemy.

Razmos

Ooh I love him. Ugly but delightfully so, the animal it's based on looks awesome too, never seen that before!

Torn between him and Salandit as the fire type for my team, guess it depends on Salandit's evo

Looks cool but I think Salandit will be the fire Pokemon on my team. Depends on Salandits evo and other still to reveal Pokekon though.

ChrisD

Torterra wasn't even good enough to be featured in that trailer despite the fact that is a grass-type and a turtle. I'm glad to see Game Freak admits its garbage and deserves to be forgotten for the rest of existence.

Don't talk to me or my Twiggy ever again

Macka

There's ugly in a good way, and there's ugly ugly.

This is the latter imo. And no - the animal its based on not being the prettiest creature isn't an excuse. I know it's subjective, but to me this design is just awkward, with the weird limbs, tail, moustache, as well as the explosion themed shell being comically unsubtle. There's a way to do ugly right, and this isn't it imo.

Vuze

I wonder if they just create cartoonized versions of creatures produced by the NMS algorithm at this point.

Salvadora

I think it looks pretty bad, to be honest.

First "stinker" of Sun/Moon - in my opinion.

I like the ability/lore/typing despite that, though. Can't be all winners, I suppose.

So much hate, I love him. One of the best new Pokemon so far.

Regardless, this guy could never be the worst gen 7 mon in a world where Bruxish, Bewear and Mudsdale exist.

Zaventem

Was there any reason to make his mouth look so derpy? Also as usual the art looks worse than the models(which goes against 90% of games)

brinstar

Torterra is very likely not in the game, so....

wtf Torterra is great

Top Bottom