• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS4 model (CUH-1200) announced

weekev

Banned
What's your take on noise from it? If you haven't read a lot of this thread we pretty much have the noise level as a primary concern lol
Mines is really quiet, occasionally hear the fan when loading a game like GTAV but in general its a lot quieter than my WiiU. Although my WiiU is a launch model so not really comparable.

Mines is really quiet, occasionally hear the fan when loading a game like GTAV but in general its a lot quieter than my WiiU. Although my WiiU is a launch model so not really comparable.

Was it the £289.99 bundle they've got on their site? Thinking of picking the Bloodborne one up this weekend.

magawolaz

Nope. PlayStation France guy said the MGSV model is the old one and the box for TTK says the old one too.

:/
Maybe it's a mistake on the box? The non-limited bundle has clearly the matte faceplate, I assumed it was the new revision:

19469336606_59c8b9f21d_o.jpg

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015...estiny-the-taken-king-playstation-4-revealed/

glaurung

Maybe it's a mistake on the box? The non-limited bundle has clearly the matte faceplate, I assumed it was the new revision:
All those images were released before Sony announced the new hardware revision of the PS4.

These images are just renderings. The CUH-1100 series PS4 is EOL. Everything coming out of Sony will be based on CUH-1200 from now on.

Hackbert

mhh no luck in my relative small town today... will be checking the next days. hopefully i get a good deal with a second controller + game...

Chronos24

Looks like the Destiny bundle is showing up in the other major retailer sites now (Best buy, GameStop, etc). Really hope that the standalone 1200 model gets here in the US before these since I don't really care for the Destiny bundle.

Nah it'll be 419 €, all limited bundles have been priced this way so far. At least for the retailers I know like Amazon.

It`s 429€ actually. You could preorder this edition at Saturn Germany, now they don`t list it anymore. I preordered 5-6 of them.^^ So if anyone`s interested....;-)

pallepaf

Neo Member
I haven't checked what hard drive I have in there yet, but I'll post up once I've checked. It's certainly very noisy though.

I'll get pictures of it tomorrow once I've received and swapped the ssd.

Have you received that ssd yet? Would also be interesting to hear about load times compared to those who use an ssd on the old model...

Chronos24

Have you received that ssd yet? Would also be interesting to hear about load times compared to those who use an ssd on the old model...

I'd like to know this too. I may have an awesome GameStop story here in the near future but I'm waiting to see what happens. :)

OCD Guy

I'd like to know this too. I may have an awesome GameStop story here in the near future but I'm waiting to see what happens. :)

I received the SSD the next day, but unfortunately I ordered from Amazon using a third party fulfilled by Amazon seller, the Ssd arrived and was clearly a used item, so I didn't use it. The replacement should arrive on Monday.

SlickVic

Nope. PlayStation France guy said the MGSV model is the old one and the box for TTK says the old one too.

:/

What Sony France is doing with MGS V PS4 models doesn't really mean much as far as what model we'll get for a US bundle though.

It was confirmed the US Destiny PS4 bundle will be a 1200 model in the US on the PS Blog (assuming the individual from PS Marketing replying was correct).

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015...bundle-pre-orders-open-today/#comment-1102345

Has there been any rationale by Sony for why they shipped the 1200 to Japan and then Europe first, with no release date for NA? Are they having production problems? Does SCEA decide when it releases here, or is this a Sony HQ decision?

weekev

Banned
Was it the £289.99 bundle they've got on their site? Thinking of picking the Bloodborne one up this weekend.
Yeah thats the 1, pretty decent deal I thought. Get the impression I shouldnt have got the new model though but the sales girl didnt really seem to know what she was doing.

Decider

Has there been any rationale by Sony for why they shipped the 1200 to Japan and then Europe first, with no release date for NA? Are they having production problems? Does SCEA decide when it releases here, or is this a Sony HQ decision?

It might be that the US has more inventory of the previous model sitting in stock that SCEA is waiting to clear.

Lynd7

Hey. Just wondering if this new model has also been released in Australia? Is the new 1TB model the same as the revision?

Skeff

Got my white ps4 bundle from Tesco UK click and collect and it was the 1100 model :-( ahhh well I had vouchers...

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Thanks. So most the standard stock would likely be the new one? Too bad the 1TB isn't..

Yeah most stores now (EB and JB) are the 1202. Target and Kmart and those sorts of stores will still have the older ones until they clear them out. I suspect it's the reason Target has that $419 Bundle. Every Target I rang told me they only had the older 1001 or whatever it was model.

If you zoomed in on that pick it is the 1200 model. Chances are you'll probably get a generally quieter one.

Oh I know, it's just that the sensible thing to do would have been to wait for this model to arrive in stores in France, but I already sold my old model so I couldn't wait anymore.

Still no news for France, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland...

So hoping this one will come to the Netherlands. I did see the 1100 series going for that price with those two games.

Hope so too. Bol.com has a deal lasting until the end of august where you can buy a PS4 with two games for €399, with GoW and TLoU being games you can pick. I don't know if it's the new or the old model though.

Damn, I'm really tempted to do this too...

Why the hell is it available in some countries and not others? Come on Sony :(

Unless you're really bothered by the fact that the games boxart will be in spanish, do it.

It's not like you'll get a better deal when it become available in France. I paid 396€, shipping included. I expect to receive it by the end of next week.

mango_ash

Neo Member
Hope so too. Bol.com has a deal lasting until the end of august where you can buy a PS4 with two games for €399, with GoW and TLoU being games you can pick. I don't know if it's the new or the old model though.

It's the old one, they're basically selling the 1100 series GOW bundel with a free extra game. But it's also a great deal though.

For those interested: http://www.bol.com/nl/d/algemeen/voordeelbundel-1-gratis-sony-ps4-game/277600008/index.html (Dutch)

Has anyone commented on if the wifi chip has been changed/improved at all? I got a day one launch PS4 and the wifi on it isn't the greatest so was just wondering if there has been any improvements in the newer models

Chronos24

Has anyone commented on if the wifi chip has been changed/improved at all? I got a day one launch PS4 and the wifi on it isn't the greatest so was just wondering if there has been any improvements in the newer models

Not sure did the teardown show anything like a different part number? I can also tell you though that even on a wired connection the speeds arent that much better.

Top Bottom