• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS4 model (CUH-1200) announced

Zemm

Yes it is. If you can let us know how it is in the noise department that'd be great

In store or online?

I'm sitting about a meter away and it's barely noticeable, it's quieter than the Wii U (the only comparison I can really make). If you sit further away I doubt you'd even hear it. This is whilst Bloodborne is playing (disk version too).

Online (click and collect) with that deal they had for 3 free games.

Chronos24

I'm sitting about a meter away and it's barely noticeable, it's quieter than the Wii U (the only comparison I can really make). If you sit further away I doubt you'd even hear it. This is whilst Bloodborne is playing (disk version too).

Online (click and collect) with that deal they had for 3 free games.

That's great to know man. In the past few days I don't understand why but my ps4 is getting louder and louder....again...this being the...hell I lost count. Anyway the 1200 model couldn't get to the US any faster!!!

Hackbert

okayyyy. why C-Chassis. sounds weird. seems like Amazon Germany orders them from Amazon Portugal/Spain, cause no overnight delivery. argh. why not just cleary label it as the cuh 1200 model.

so close to order this or the gow III +tlou bundle from portugal

Okay, I've waited for news for France long enough...

Ordered the TLOU + GOW bundle from Amazon Spain.

My man.

Will receive mine Saturday, it actually departed from south of France, not Spain. So depending on where you live you could receive it real quick.

I watched it yes. He says he saw one, okay. It's bound to come out in the US obviously, but there's something really off about this picture to me. Do PS4 boxes look like that in the US ?

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I watched it yes. He says he saw one, okay. It's bound to come out in the US obviously, but there's something really off about this picture to me. Do PS4 boxes look like that in the US ?

Probably the angle. Are you really saying you think he made that mock up? I've watched a couple of his vids before and he comes across as a really genuine person.

Probably the angle. Are you really saying you think he made that mock up? I've watched a couple of his vids before and he comes across as a really genuine person.

Nah. Went and checked how boxes look in the US, which I should have done first. That's how they look, my bad.

I would have liked to have a bundle with just TLOU here in Europe, don't know what I'll do with a spanish copy of GOW.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Nah. Went and checked how boxes look in the US, which I should have done first. That's how they look, my bad.

I would have liked to have a bundle with just TLOU here in Europe, don't know what I'll do with a spanish copy of GOW.

Just wait. Clearly Sony are keeping pretty quiet in order to shift what is left of the old stock, and of course to give sales a slight boost by finally officially announcing the Matte version.

Why would Sony remove the handle? It's going to be awkward for people carrying it.

The box that the hand is holding in the picture looks too small a box to hold the system, its cables, the controller and whatnot. It might be one of those cardboard boxes that just lay around at electronics stores or Gamestops to be like Hey PS4s Are A Thing, you know?

The box that the hand is holding in the picture looks too small a box to hold the system, its cables, the controller and whatnot. It might be one of those cardboard boxes that just lay around at electronics stores or Gamestops to be like Hey PS4s Are A Thing, you know?

That's what I thought it looked like too.

Has there been anything pointing towards this new model getting the 1tb treatment this holiday? I want to get a ps4 this fall or spring but don't want to have to buy a replacement HDD right off the bat, because 500gb at this point is worthless to me.

Morue

My man.

Will receive mine Saturday, it actually departed from south of France, not Spain. So depending on where you live you could receive it real quick.

Mine is to arrive on the 13th or 14th... Please, post a feedback when you receive yours so that I can get a better idea of what to expect...

Hope I'll be able to resell GOW 3 even with a Spanish cover ^^°

RPGCrazied

Figures, I should have waited. I really wanted an all matte PS4, not going to buy another one though unless this one breaks.

pallepaf

Neo Member
I received the SSD the next day, but unfortunately I ordered from Amazon using a third party fulfilled by Amazon seller, the Ssd arrived and was clearly a used item, so I didn't use it. The replacement should arrive on Monday.

Still no ssd to test load-times?

Totally forgot about that! Didn't they revise something on the motherboard that it should technically be a lot faster?

You're talking about SATA III maybe ? Anyway, no they didn't improve anything on that front. Just different memory configuration, and different heatsink.

ajcacio

Banned
So I've managed to cure the sound I was getting.

I bought some of these (more info here http://www.acoustiproducts.com/en/acoustifeet.asp)

image.jpg

To my surprise it's actually made a difference, the buzzing or "wheeeee" sound I could notice before has now diminished.

Just wanted to say I bought these on your recommendation. They cut down on noise dramatically. The PS4 is not silent but now even after two hours of Rocket League it's the same volume as idle before the feet. It's super quiet, even in an enclosed space

Shin-Ra

You're talking about SATA III maybe ? Anyway, no they didn't improve anything on that front. Just different memory configuration, and different heatsink.
It was deduced that the SATA II to USB 3.0 conversion might have been removed and might lead to an improvement in SSD (or external USB drive) performance but I think there's some other artificial cap in place.

Here some quick translation of that guy's teardown:

New power supply ADP-200ER replaced ADP-240CR and is 80g lighter.
New BD drive.
New 8Gb GDDR5 chips (Samsung K4G80325FB-HC03)
New main board SAC-001 replaced SAB-001 and has 60mm less width.
The APU CXD90037G remains the same.

Following chips existed at previous models are now missing:
- Fujitsu USB 3.0-SATA bridge
- Marvell Ethernet LSI
- Genesys Logic USB 3.0 hub controller LSI

The secondary processor CXD90036G has direct connection to all of them (the guy speculates Sony may have eliminated USB3.0 - SATA conversion).

HDMI transmitter is MN864729 by Panasonic.

Boot system LSI is changed to A00-C0L2 (there seems to be some new patent regarding system control)

Blu-ray drive control subboard is now missing and controller LSI R9J04G011FP1 & motor driver BD7764MUV are now on mainboard.
Cooling fan remains the same (KSB0912HE).

Heatsink's base is changed from aluminum to steel.
The heatpipe existed at heatsink's base remains, but one existed at aluminum fins is now missing.

Chronos24

It was deduced that the SATA II to USB 3.0 conversion might have been removed and might lead to an improvement in SSD (or external USB drive) performance but I think there's some other artificial cap in place.

So to be able to tell anything really we'd need some benchmark testing done. Until then it's only speculation and also on the less likely side of improved speeds.

Thanks for the full recap Shin-Ra, I didn't know about all this.

Just received my unit. You can immediately see they cut down the costs of packaging as much as possible, including on the inside inside. Feels much cheaper.

Wq6Izke.jpg

a3l7Upi.jpg

The HDD was a Seagate Momentus if anyone's wondering. I swapped it with a 750gb WD Black.

X2gO4sh.jpg

Hackbert

how so? missed coupon?
ah yeah this.. if you proceed the "correct" price appears. its a bit weird.

edit : you are right... awesome. just had a short call with them. its a bug in their shop, the correct price is indeed 300 €.. a steal. thanks for the notice.

Hesemonni

Banned
So to be able to tell anything really we'd need some benchmark testing done. Until then it's only speculation and also on the less likely side of improved speeds.
Yeah. And that's why we are so anxiously waiting for somebody to actually test the SSD performance :D

Hackbert

Onkel dont wonder if the bill says otherwise later. the shop seems to have a little bug sometimes. and yeah, happy shopper right now. thanks discountwars.

Chronos24

Thanks for the full recap Shin-Ra, I didn't know about all this.

Just received my unit. You can immediately see they cut down the costs of packaging as much as possible, including on the inside inside. Feels much cheaper.

Wq6Izke.jpg

a3l7Upi.jpg

The HDD was a Seagate Momentus if anyone's wondering. I swapped it with a 750gb WD Black.

X2gO4sh.jpg

So like the rest, if you've had a chance to test it out how is the noise level on the console?

Top Bottom