• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Resident Evil: Revelations 2 Info (Claire, Barry's Daughter, 1080p/60FPS, co-op)

MAtgS

Rebecca_Chambers_by_kaiserfly.jpg

i wish she will make a comeback.

We don't see her anymore because
Nemesis killed Rebecca. Granted this is fan theory & not confirmed but there's still some spoiler details here.

1. Her complete lack of presence, even off-screen mentions, post-RE2.

2. How Brad Vickers actually knew Nemesis deliberately targeted STARS members instead of just thinking he had the bad luck of being spotted by it. Granted it muttering the word stars every so often is probably a give away but it could also very well be that Brad witnessed Nemesis offing another STARS members. There's only 1 possible member that would've been in that case.

3. Every surviving character by the end of RE3 had an unlockable epilogue in RE3, except for Carlos & Rebecca (& Tofu). Carlos could've been seen as unnecessary, as we see him escape Raccoon City in the very same game & he has no more part to play in the grand scheme. The lack of a Rebecca epilogue doesn't really have an explanation. The best I can conceive is because she isn't a surviving character.

4. If she were to have survived, then where was she? She wasn't with Chris & Barry investigating Umbrella overseas & wasn't with Jill.

RockStar101

Neo Member
Rebecca_Chambers_by_kaiserfly.jpg

i wish she will make a comeback.

She's crying because Capcom keeps gving her the FU by passing her by from game to game and cgi film to cgi film. Shame on you Capcom.

Most likely not. Fine with me. She added nothing to the series. Not even in the RE lore.

That's because Capcom never gave her the chance to. I mean, you have a young woman with a strong background in chemistry in your character bank, a character in a series whose storyline is mainly about science related incidents yet she doesn't have a much bigger role? That just doesn't make any sense. Had Capcom realized/realizes her potential, she could have and honestly still could add something to the series lore.

So are we not going to ever see Rebecca again or what?
We shouldn't even have to ask this question because IMO she should have been the star of the second CGI film, but I digress.

I think it's more due to the scan being weird among other things. She looks fine in that in-game screenshot.

I really like Moira, but if you told me that was Rebecca I wouldn't doubt it.
It seems like Rebecca stay getting "clones" of sorts. They brought in another girl with a similar look (Adult Sherry being the other one). I mean who didn't think that woman in the trailer was most likely Rebecca before NewsBot said she wasn't in the game (which still didn't stop some people from thinking it was her) and before it was finally confirmed to be Moira? Even news articles online tthat have been talking about the game mentioned that many though it was her before today.

Yet the funny thing is, if Rebecca ever does return, there's no way they will keep that look for her. For one, I expect a thirty something Rebecca to have a much more mature looking face, and with two girls in the series now rocking pixie cuts, they would definitely give her a new hairstyle. Always wanted to see her with longer hair. I think it would look nice on her, if this picture is anything to go by
th

No but honestly, the Rebecca fanbase needs to be more vocal. I mean look at what it did for Claire fans. They made their voices heard after she was left out of RE6 and now look, they have her back.

Jawmuncher

*Cringes at character models* The curse of cross-gen strikes again. I'm in for the PC version to make this game look somewhat presentable (I was a big fan of the first game). What I am most excited for is an expanded raid mode! Can't wait!

Nemesis killed Rebecca. Granted this is fan theory & not confirmed but there's still some spoiler details here.

2. How Brad Vickers actually knew Nemesis deliberately targeted STARS members instead of just thinking he had the bad luck of being spotted by it. Granted it muttering the word stars every so often is probably a give away but it could also very well be that Brad witnessed Nemesis offing another STARS members. There's only 1 possible member that would've been in that case.

3. Every surviving character by the end of RE3 had an unlockable epilogue in RE3, except for Carlos & Rebecca (& Tofu). Carlos could've been seen as unnecessary, as we see him escape Raccoon City in the very same game & he has no more part to play in the grand scheme. The lack of a Rebecca epilogue doesn't really have an explanation. The best I can conceive is because she isn't a surviving character.

4. If she were to have survived, then where was she? She wasn't with Chris & Barry investigating Umbrella overseas & wasn't with Jill.

Never heard of this but I like it.

I hope they reference what Chris is up to and why he isn't trying to rescue Claire.
Seeing as it is his fault Claire is caught up in all this shit to begin with.

Cubed

I hope they reference what Chris is up to and why he isn't trying to rescue Claire.
Seeing as it is his fault Claire is caught up in all this shit to begin with.

Giving that this is between 5 and 6, and Chris' prologue chapters from 6 place him in Edonia and then going AWAL, I don't think he knows what Claire is doing. He's either stuck out in the field or drunk in Eastern Europe at this time.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
None, it was simply a handheld game that is why they did not number it but it was as much a RE as any main story game.

Keeping the revelations subtitle is so weird, especially since it is not handheld. I guess this is their cheaper more horror focused RE games now.

I am guessing that Revelations 2 will continue the story of the first game, which ended on a cliff-hanger or sort (more Parker, Jessica )

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I'm being completely honest here, classic RE is trash. I'll even go as far as to say the only reason they're so beloved is because there was no benchmark for scary tension back then. Today, there's just not a lot that can be done to freak players out so the focus is placed on the gameplay, i.e. where the games were most lacking.

Pre-RE4 love is nostalgia, period.

Hahahahah wow. No.

Giving that this is between 5 and 6, and Chris' prologue chapters from 6 place him in Edonia and then going AWAL, I don't think he knows what Claire is doing. He's either stuck out in the field or drunk in Eastern Europe at this time.
I just want it to reference that, I don't want another RE6 situation where Jill disappeared from existence.

RockStar101

Neo Member

Disclaimer: This is not an attack on you, but this must be said.

Oh gosh, this is one rumor that should never have surfaced IMO. I'm not saying you are necessarily, but this whole "Nemesis killed Rebecca" thing sounds like it was started by a Rebecca hater who wanted her to suffer the worst fate possible.

Like the whole "Brad must have seen a STARS member die, thus that's why he knows Nemesis is after the squad" theory. I don't believe that Capcom would have killed her offscreen like that. She would have at least made an appearance in RE3, even if it as a corpse that Jill runs into in the middle of town had something that happened. Brad knew Nemesis wanted STARS members heads because like you said, he's going around town shouting STARS while tailing Brad like a mad man. Besides, I think Brad would have mentioned that he witness Rebecca being killed by Nemesis to Jill. That's kind of important information to tell a fellow team member don't you think. Brad was the first and only member to be killed by Nemesis. All of the facts lead credence to this.

About the whole lack of epilogue thing, I never understood why she didn't get one, but the NewsBot guy did provide a reason as to why she doesn't have one (rather or not one wants to believe it is completely up to them). I believe he said the person making the epilogues was not allowed to make one for her. Still, even a lack of an epilogue file does not mean she's dead.

So because she wasn't attached to Barry, Chris, or Jill's hip, it means she's dead? There's no telling where she was or what she was doing, that's why it would be nice to see her again, so that way we can find out.

But the most important thing is that this character is NOT dead (why would CAPCOM go out of the way to explain that she is indeed alive after that screw up in the archives? If she was dead, they would have never said anything) and surely wasn't killed by the Nemesis. It again sounds like something a hater came up with to fill their need to have her dead so that they can justify why she shouldn't be seen again.

Chris was in Edonia in December 2012 and there was six only months unaccounted for before the majority of RE6 takes place (June 29-30, 2013)

This game takes place somewhere between 2009 and 2013, I'm assuming it'll probably be 2010 or 2011...

But I'm sure Claire won't be gone long enough for Chris to even have noticed...unless they exchange daily phone calls or something. He only knew of her being missing CV because she emailed Leon. (Chris was actually missing, Claire was trying to find him... so she emailed Leon when she got captured and he ended up finding Chris.)

But I'm sure Claire won't be gone long enough for Chris to even have noticed...unless they exchange daily phone calls or something. He only knew of her being missing CV because she emailed Leon.
I don't know, if I was on of the founding members of the BSAA I think I would want an eye kept on my family.

Barry's daughter being kidnapped leads me to believe he didn't retire for long after RE1.
(gaiden isn't canon)
Probably a founding member of the BSAA with Chris & Jill.

I don't know, if I was on of the founding members of the BSAA I think I would want an eye kept on my family.

Barry's daughter being kidnapped leads me to believe he didn't retire for long after RE1.
(gaiden isn't canon)
Probably a founding member of the BSAA with Chris & Jill.

You would think, but real world logic doesn't always exist in this series lmao. I wouldn't count on it being acknowledged since they said neither Chris or Jill will be in this... I think we would be lucky if they acknowledge where Barry is even. (If he's not in it)

You know what I realized in my RE6 replay?

jakeawesomemeleehgspv.gif

Jake is such a fun character to play with, even with all these shitty decisions in the level design and some of the mechanics.

RE6 is a MUCH better game than Revelations.

I agree. In terms of pure gameplay, Resident Evil 6 is probably one of the best Third Person Shooters since Vanquish (hell it's a lot like a slower Vanquish in that there's an emphasis on mobility and playing the game not like a typical TPS). The problem with that is that these mechanics are in a game that's supposed to scare you.

RedSwirl

Holy shit I just realized Dead Rising 3 is so far the only game Capcom has shipped for an 8th gen console (unless you count Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on the Wii U). Revelations 2 and Deep Down are the only other games Capcom has announced for PS4 or Xbox One. They haven't even done any HD re-releases. It would at least make sense for them to release Dragon's Dogma and RE6 on PS4 and Xbox One, if not also Street Fighter IV.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
nrH8I5a.png

Hard livin'
Barry Burton, age 38.

Resident_Evil_6_Trailer_02.jpg

Leon Kennedy, age 36.

640px-Chrisepilogue.png

Chris Redfield, age 40.

I'm not sure what these RE lead protagonists are eating, but I want some.

MAtgS

Disclaimer: This is not an attack on you, but this must be said.

Oh gosh, this is one rumor that should never have surfaced IMO. I'm not saying you are necessarily, but this whole "Nemesis killed Rebecca" thing sounds like it was started by a Rebecca hater who wanted her to suffer the worst fate possible.

Um....I'm the one that made that up so that kinda is an attack on me. It's just a theory to explain away a loose end of the narrative, I don't "hate" the character, what's even there to hate? In fact it's basically the opposite, an explanation born out of being unsatisfied & confused with her jarring absence.

If they want to like just have her appear out of the blue as a BSAA medic, giving a couples of lines about what she's been up to, that'd be fine with me but that's not what we get. My brain is compelled to provide it's own answers to unanswered questions so this was what I concluded based on the information available. That's all.

KyleCross

You know what kudos to Capcom for making this a female-female duo lead game.

Yeah, and they're not sexualized. Moria is wearing a typical punkish getup while Claire is sporting a fully buttoned up blouse and a fricken blazer. Madness! I like it.

Your fan theories mean absolutely nothing because Capcom has already said she is alive. They were even planning to work her into the last CGI Film, Damnation, during one of the earlier scripts.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
? I don't understand.
They all look their age. Certainly Leon and Chris do. Barry looks more like mid 40s, I guess.
I agree, I'm nearly 33 and they look older then me that's for sure.
And they're not exactly old anyway, Barry looks older then he is through.

Lernaean

Banned

Jake is such a fun character to play with, even with all these shitty decisions in the level design and some of the mechanics.

I totally agree. It's not a popular opinion, but i too think that RE6 is the best thing that happened to the series after RE4/REmake back in the GC days.
The game demands that you know how to play it, and even though Capcom does a lousy job explaining, as an action game and fighting game player, i don't care, as i believe that part of the charm of some games is finding things out yourself or by asking the community.
This game does not play like a typical TPS, as your gif clearly suggests, and once you go past that mindset, you are open to experience one of the best action games of all time.
My only criticism is that it didn't built on the atmosphere, another very important part of RE, which brings us to another favorite RE of mine, RE:R.
I'm sure that if Capcom, at some point, makes a RE game as atmospheric as RE:R and keeps, but finetunes and polishes the action of RE6, with a decent story, it could be the best RE.

Xpliskin

Capcom will eventually release the demo to the public, they've been doing that since RE5(5,REV,6).

It won't be that long until we get our hands on the thing.

I'd guess Rebecca would make a comeback at some point in the series (maybe 7).
If Barry, Sherry and Claire did then for sure :D

I'm being completely honest here, classic RE is trash. I'll even go as far as to say the only reason they're so beloved is because there was no benchmark for scary tension back then. Today, there's just not a lot that can be done to freak players out so the focus is placed on the gameplay, i.e. where the games were most lacking.

Pre-RE4 love is nostalgia, period.

The art direction in the modern games is trash compared to that of the classic games. And this has nothing do to with nostalgia.

Yes, and if the game was called Final Fight 4 I could agree with that. But the problem is, this is supposed to be a Resident Evil game.

HeelPower

The art direction in the modern games is trash compared to that of the classic games. And this has nothing do to with nostalgia.

As well as the level design, gameplay variation.music ,lore and pacing.

These things are legitimately better.

Now the newer games probably have better shooting....for very obvious reasons.

But really the art direction coupled with the level design used to be so much better.

HeelPower

RE1...The Mansion

RE2 The Police Station

RE3 Raccoon City

Nothing post RE4 comes close to these settings.

Not in terms of the music,pacing,art design,exploration or anything..
In the newer games its set piece after set piece with little to no memorability..

The new games aren't without merit but they don't try to achieve any of what the older games did in these elements.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
? I don't understand.
They all look their age. Certainly Leon and Chris do. Barry looks more like mid 40s, I guess.
You really think so? I do think they can pass for mid 30's/early 40's, but they look damn good for that age. Leon barely looks different than he did when he was 26. Chris definitely shows some age in him, but he still looks good. Barry is much more like what a typical 35-40 year old would look like. That's my opinion, though, I guess.

Yep. We do perceive age and what someone in their 30s should look like quite differently today. Whereas Barry was a believable 30-something in 1996, he looks much older than that today while Chris and Leon are closer to the modern concept of someone in their 30s/40s. 30 indeed is the new 20. Just look at people in their 20s during the 1950s; they all look a good 15 years older than what we expect someone in their 20s to look like.

The new Claire would have been a believable 20-sth when RE2 came out.

RE6 Chris definitely looks his age.
Chris_bio6.png

OhGawd! lol

Lernaean

Banned
RE1...The Mansion

RE2 The Police Station

RE3 Raccoon City

In the newer games its set piece after set piece with little to no memorability..

The new games aren't without merit but they don't try to achieve any of what the older games did in these elements.

Agreed and disagreed.
Agreed because you presented great examples, and disagreed because RE:R soundtrack is amazing.

Soule

Agreed. I'm in my mid 20s and a friend of mine is marrying a guy who just turned 40 who I thought was around our age, not saying everyone is like that but considering these characters are supposed to be fit and healthy I think that gives their age/appearance a bit more leeway.

Lernaean

Banned
And guess what, you picked up the only modern RE game that tried to go back to the survival horror roots of the classic games.

I never said it's not. Said it before in this thread, RE:R is a good basis for a comeback, and i hope RE:R2 builds to it.
I just will never accept that preset camera angles and classic controls are better than what we have now. We can have a RE that controls like modern games but also relies on the atmosphere, lighting and sound direction and be totally creepy without needing to play like a PS1 game, just that.

Ithil

Nah.

Gambit

or, you know, she was not in Raccoon City at the time.

Seyavesh

RE1...The Mansion
RE2 The Police Station
RE3 Raccoon City

where's the evidence
you just restated your premise and also included the settings of the games

i don't particularly disagree on the art direction of the settings being better btw, the fixed camera angles really help in that regard to create the proper atmosphere via strong direction but that's not the entirety of a game's 'art direction'. i would say that the direction of character designs and monster designs are generally pretty consistent quality-wise in that they're almost always pretty good barring some really abnormal designs like the female characters in rev1 (shoutouts to jessica especially)

in terms of music, idk... it might just be due to time but i sincerely can't recall any piece of RE music in old games really grabbing me that much. i guess the closest would be outbreak's opening piece and final boss music (which are companion pieces anyhow) and ada's theme from RE2. it's not that that the music is bad, just... forgettable? it's another 'objective quality wise they're good enough to where it's down to a matter of taste' thing.

also where's the 'gameplay variation' part because i'm pretty sure RE6 has every other game in the series beat on that (to it's total disadvantage, unfortunately)

basically: why do you think these aspects are clearly, objectively better in the older RE games? provide specific examples

I was totally fine with Claire but now someone mentioned it I can't stop seeing Tobey Maguire. damn.

Guess I should stop being lazy and finish the first one of these before this comes out.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Yes, and if the game was called Final Fight 4 I could agree with that. But the problem is, this is supposed to be a Resident Evil game.

What, like Resident Evil 5? Resident Evil hadn't really been about clunkitude and scariness anyway by that point. At least RE6 has mostly great gameplay.

It was interesting for me replaying Chris 1 with a live person because I remember HATING it during my original play through. But now I see kind of how genius the level design in the hostage rescue encounter is because you're constantly being surprised and taken off guard by where the enemies are coming from. I just think it's a really solid game.

It has major pacing problems and too much crap like driving and flying planes or whatever. But I think the game itself is quite good...

Mr_Zombie

And guess what, you picked up the only modern RE game that tried to go back to the survival horror roots of the classic games.

I disagree. RE5 also has a nice soundtrack with many memorable pieces. The soundtrack is different, though - more epic, action-y, orchestral unlike atmospheric background songs in the old games.

I'm not sure what these RE lead protagonists are eating, but I want some.

As many already said, they look like normal (fit) people in their mid 30s. Do people really think that after 30 you automatically start to look old and unattractive just because? Just look at (a list of randomly picked attractive male actors) Christian Bale (40), Michael Fassbender (37), Hugh Jackman (46), Manu Bennet (45), Bradley Cooper (39).

Carbonox

I liked Jake's play style in RE6 but I find him to be one of the most unnecessary characters ever put to the series (though his role was important to the story of RE6). As hammy as Resident Evil is, the idea of Wesker having a kid with a random European lass makes me cringe more than most things in the franchise. Though Revelations was pure embarrassing with its god awful cast too.

I shouldn't take the series so seriously really. :lol

Rebecca is awful.

Thank you. Someone's said it. I'm happy not to see her again.

Alienous

What, like Resident Evil 5? Resident Evil hadn't really been about clunkitude and scariness anyway by that point. At least RE6 has mostly great gameplay.

It was interesting for me replaying Chris 1 with a live person because I remember HATING it during my original play through. But now I see kind of how genius the level design in the hostage rescue encounter is because you're constantly being surprised and taken off guard by where the enemies are coming from. I just think it's a really solid game.

It has major pacing problems and too much crap like driving and flying planes or whatever. But I think the game itself is quite good...

It's a very solid game, technically and mechanically, it just strayed too far from what Resident Evil is. It was too ... explosive.

As a Resident Evil spin-off it would have probably been considered a great game. It pretty much does what Operation Racoon City was supposed to, but way better. But branded as a mainline Resident Evil game it's pretty much the equivalent of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance being called Metal Gear Solid 5.

Hopefully the Revelations series can fill the void left by Resident Evil 6 becoming entirely a TPS.

Top Bottom