• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New revision of PS5 has hotter exhaust temps recorded

GHG

He has every right to give his opinion on a matter as long as it isn't hate speech or he himself is threatening someone else.

He was providing data and coming to a conclusion based on said data. That's not an "opinion".

When you have a following as large as his he has a responsibility to get things right and use the correct methodology before sharing any conclusions.

Passing his original video off as an "opinion" is bollox. Rightly or wrongly people look to this guy for information and he should understand that by now (if he doesn't he's either willfully ignorant or an idiot). He we was in over his head and talking about an area that he evidently has no nous or expertise in.

Last edited:
Well you quoted one where he said hotter exhausted air= hotter components.Which is objectively wrong, it can be but that nuance was nowhere to be seen, because, once again , all his post where adamant that this meant hotter components.
And to confirm the bias soem people found that he posted that the Xbox expelling hot air was a good thing because that's what cooling must do.
So our problem was why the lies and why the double standard.And the problem I have with you is why defgending him when you, yourself even quoted him a post that was totally against what you were saying but agreed.
If you think he isn't biased or that his arguments are relevant then please read his posts in the thread, if you don't but feel the need to defend then you are irrelevant as a defense.
Again I believe you misread.
Nowhere did I quote that.
It's also much more fun to defend the person getting dog piled then to just add to the pile. Especially from what I seen it's mainly just been assumptions they have to believe the opposite of what they are disagreeing with and posts from 6 months ago.
Both of which are pretty shit reasons to collectively hate on someone.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Again I believe you misread.
Nowhere did I quote that.
It's also much more fun to defend the person getting dog piled then to just add to the pile. Especially from what I seen it's mainly just been assumptions they have to believe the opposite of what they are disagreeing with and posts from 6 months ago.
Both of which are pretty shit reasons to collectively hate on someone.
And once again if you make a comically bad analogy you have to expect people to make fun of you.And doubling down on multipe posts disregarding logic (that those console are made to eject heat)etc... It was not a dogpile it trate wihhimmasnigpinions as truth then doubled down with ridiculous analogies but as really hate?
I know I'm more enclined to do a few jokes.When I start hating you can check my post history you will see that I write way longer and dismissived post about each and every single point mentionned to flame them down.
This was more a collecive joke o someone manig a fool of himself.
My post may miss a few letters my keyboard is acting funky tonight.
But maybe for some it was hate of course I mean the guy basically called everyone disagreeing him stupid that does not help.
You can check the austin thread if someone recognizes a mistake I just move on.

Topher

Gold Member
What testes? So far I only know about 2 contrary ones.

Sorry your testes are so contrary.

Rooster Teeth Hair GIF by Achievement Hunter

I had to

Last edited:
Sad to see @MrFunSocks embarrassing himself again.

The levels of concern trolling in this thread.. when they clearly don't have a clue.
I don't get it.
The guy just said that higher exaust temps can be also due worse cooling solution, not only better like everyone think.
I see no problem with that, because it can be just a worse cooling solution too.
Edit: sorry for being late to the party. I'm only half-way to the thread so my post may be irrelevant.

Last edited:
DF gave a new PS5 they found to GN do the testing, and Hardware Busters used the same methodology as GN, in the second test they put the sensors in the same places as the old GN test.

Yep three tests so far but the only one to do any valid internal testing is Hardware Busters. The results from the second people is a good indication of the actual internal temperatures.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Sad to see @MrFunSocks embarrassing himself again.

The levels of concern trolling in this thread.. when they clearly don't have a clue.
My problem is how some of these sanctimonious concerned ones seem to be using those asswipes that harassed Austin as a shield to focus the discussion on that (so nobody can talk about how clickbaity and console warring the original video was, I find it disingenuous)… then again Darx10x being harassed was not a problem, Druckmann and TLoU2 actors being harassed is not a problem, etc…

So, I stopped watching that Gamers Nexus video as soon as I found out it was a competition on who has the smallest dick.

22 pages worth of wasted bandwidth, data, and gamer dick measuring. All of your dicks sit on top of your balls. This is fucking pathetic. Let me know when you people decide to make a thread about the power, features, etc. versus the other console. You know, shit that actually matters in the system war.

Last edited:

HoofHearted

So, I stopped watching that Gamers Nexus video as soon as I found out it was a competition on who has the smallest dick.

22 pages worth of wasted bandwidth, data, and gamer dick measuring. All of your dicks sit on top of your balls. This is fucking pathetic. Let me know when you people decide to make a thread about the power, features, etc. versus the other console. You know, shit that actually matters in the system war.

He was providing data and coming to a conclusion based on said data. That's not an "opinion".

When you have a following as large as his he has a responsibility to get things right and use the correct methodology before sharing any conclusions.

Passing his original video off as an "opinion" is bollox. Rightly or wrongly people look to this guy for information and he should understand that by now (if he doesn't he's either willfully ignorant or an idiot). He we was in over his head and talking about an area that he evidently has no nous or expertise in.
Dude put an Xbox in a box to see how hot it would get. He buys stuff on Whish and complains about getting ripped off. In what world do you think he conducts scientific tests on his channel? He took one heat exhaust test from the back of the consoles compared the different heat sinks and concluded that the old one was better. It absolutely was opinion because his whole channel is based on opinions. He also gave an opinion that the PS5 was a good console to buy in another video so again that fits with his theme and that wasn't scientific either.

If people were looking for information they absolutely got it from his video because again no one outside of Sony knew what the new cooler looked like. A person could simply take that info and move on. Or they could get all bent out of shape complaining about things his channel was never about. Or they could dox him and threaten his life over his opinion. I like the first choice personally.

My problem is how some of these sanctimonious concerned ones seem to be using those asswipes that harassed Austin as a shield to focus the discussion on that (so nobody can talk about how clickbaity and console warring the original video was, I find it disingenuous)… then again Darx10x being harassed was not a problem, Druckmann and TLoU2 actors being harassed is not a problem, etc…
Well to be fair this thread is actually about Austin, his opinion and tangentially about the treatment he received because of his opinion. It isn't about Last of Us or actors or Xbox or John either. Those threads already exist and if a person wanted to jump into them and talk about those subjects that person is free to do so. There is no need for the whataboutisms.

There was nothing console warry about Austin's video because he only mentioned one system. There was no comparison to anything but PlayStations. It did show just how overly sensitive people are and how ridiculous it is to threaten someone over their opinion. Nothing sanctimonious about that at all. Still shocked his opinion is the big problem and not the death threats but whatever.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Well to be fair this thread is actually about Austin, his opinion and tangentially about the treatment he received because of his opinion. It isn't about Last of Us or actors or Xbox or John either. Those threads already exist and if a person wanted to jump into them and talk about those subjects that person is free to do so. There is no need for the whataboutisms.

There was nothing console warry about Austin's video because he only mentioned one system. There was no comparison to anything but PlayStations. It did show just how overly sensitive people are and how ridiculous it is to threaten someone over their opinion. Nothing sanctimonious about that at all. Still shocked his opinion is the big problem and not the death threats but whatever.
Your being shocked reads as disingenuous because nobody is condoning or is anything but angry at those who harassed him yet you are unable to discuss anything else using that as a shield for a shitty clickbait video.

You can definitely decry the harassment he received without whataboutism, but if you want to be the torch bearer of it and starts looking down to people from your ivory tower it invites some questions about other topics you are definitely less outraged by to say the least. You seem to be smart and should understand this so it reads as disingenuous.

This thread is about his video and his reporting and you are trying to make it just about the idiots who went after him like that. You are free to start a thread about how he was treated, still going to raise question about silence on other topics, but does every thread about his video warrant this white-knighting?

Recently one of our apps got a “You deserve to be shot like the rats you are” or something similar. Death threat or dumb c*nt writing from their basement, likely the latter… so? Am I free to put clickbaity shit out with this get out of jail free card? No…

Last edited:
Your being shocked reads as disingenuous because nobody is condoning or is anything but angry at those who harassed him yet you are unable to discuss anything else using that as a shield for a shitty clickbait video.

You can definitely decry the harassment he received without whataboutism, but if you want to be the torch bearer of it and starts looking down to people from your ivory tower it invites some questions about other topics you are definitely less outraged by to say the least. You seem to be smart and should understand this so it reads as disingenuous.

This thread is about his video and his reporting and you are trying to make it just about the idiots who went after him like that. You are free to start a thread about how he was treated, still going to raise question about silence on other topics, but does every thread about his video warrant this white-knighting?

Recently one of our apps got a “You deserve to be shot like the rats you are” or something similar. Death threat or dumb c*nt writing for their basement, likely the latter… so? Am I free to put clickbaity shit out with this get out of jail free card? No…
If condemnation of online threats makes me disingenuous so be it. The reaction was far worse than the perceived 'transgression'. You keep acting as if his video was deserving of the overblown reaction. All videos on YouTube or headlines on news papers are written to attract attention. That is not a crime and it is not something that warrants attack. If after watching the original video you conclude it was crappy despite the fact it had info no other video had before then maybe you are a bit myopic.

You yourself are the embodiment of what you are criticizing me for. You are very selective in your outrage too. It is all at Austin just like mine is all at the threats and name calling. That's my whole point. The idea that calling out bad behavior as 'white-knighting' is also pretty silly. I said repeatedly I didn't agree with his opinion but I also didn't call him names or threaten him. Gamers Nexus and Digital Foundry were able to disagree and present their own point of view and also didn't call him names. Not one thing Austin said or did prevented anyone from enjoying their game console. But I guess not joining in the mob mentality is what qualifies as a white knighting now. Enjoy your outrage sir.

Recently one of our apps got a “You deserve to be shot like the rats you are” or something similar. Death threat or dumb c*nt writing for their basement, likely the latter… so? Am I free to put clickbaity shit out with this get out of jail free card? No…
Seriously don't bother mate. He's not worth responding to. Starting to think he's got a screw or two loose.

dcmk7

Banned
Seriously don't bother mate. He's not worth responding to. Starting to think he's got a screw or two loose.
He can't stop himself.

Insinuating P Panajev2001a is part of a mob doxxing a YouTuber is pretty ridiculous. Just look at some of the sentences in this post:

You keep acting as if his video was deserving of the overblown reaction

You are very selective in your outrage too. It is all at Austin just like mine is all at the threats and name calling.

But I guess not joining in the mob mentality is what qualifies as a white knighting now. Enjoy your outrage sir.
Surely enough is enough Mod of War Mod of War / Faust Faust ?

Just look at that sign off, just plain trolling.

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
If condemnation of online threats makes me disingenuous so be it. The reaction was far worse than the perceived 'transgression'. You keep acting as if his video was deserving of the overblown reaction. All videos on YouTube or headlines on news papers are written to attract attention. That is not a crime and it is not something that warrants attack. If after watching the original video you conclude it was crappy despite the fact it had info no other video had before then maybe you are a bit myopic.

You yourself are the embodiment of what you are criticizing me for. You are very selective in your outrage too. It is all at Austin just like mine is all at the threats and name calling. That's my whole point. The idea that calling out bad behavior as 'white-knighting' is also pretty silly. I said repeatedly I didn't agree with his opinion but I also didn't call him names or threaten him. Gamers Nexus and Digital Foundry were able to disagree and present their own point of view and also didn't call him names. Not one thing Austin said or did prevented anyone from enjoying their game console. But I guess not joining in the mob mentality is what qualifies as a white knighting now. Enjoy your outrage sir.
Move on from the off site harassment meta of a “public figure”. It has nothing to do with this community or this thread.

I hope we can all move on from the death threats and doxxing BS that's been permeating through this thread in regards to Austin Evans. No one here is advocating for any online social media abuse in any way shape or form. We're all just merely stating our opinions.

I hope Steve from Gamer Nexus is able to publish his findings soon. Really keen to see what he's found out.

GHG

I hope we can all move on from the death threats and doxxing BS that's been permeating through this thread in regards to Austin Evans. No one here is advocating for any online social media abuse in any way shape or form. We're all just merely stating our opinions.

I hope Steve from Gamer Nexus is able to publish his findings soon. Really keen to see what he's found out.

It's done mate:

Honestly we should just be comparing DF and Nexus Gamers findings to Austin's and just leave it at that. Seeing all the Doxing and death threats complaints doesn't add anything to those discussions in my opinion.

Reactions: TLZ
It's done mate:

Thanks for sharing. Had no idea it was out already.
Have a good day :)

Reactions: GHG

TLZ

Banned
Honestly we should just be comparing DF and Nexus Gamers findings to Austin's and just leave it at that. Seeing all the Doxing and death threats complaints doesn't add anything to those discussions in my opinion.
Not sure why this thread is even open still. The results are out and there's another thread for it. We should all be there. This thread and the stupid video in the OP are done and dusted.

Top Bottom