• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Sadness artwork

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablos54

Kusagari said:
I've seen many a forum of Nintendo fans cream themselves over Sadness. IGN's Wii board is one of them.
I post there, and they're just as harsh on Sadness as we are here. :lol :lol

ColR100

Saint Gregory said:
Is that last artwork shot just a black and white photograph with a grain filter?
Environmental concept art generally is a load of photos mashed together and filters applied with some painting over.

But yeh, THIS IS SADNESS.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Keyser Soze said:
happinessug2.jpg

lol:lol

Sweedishrodeo

the smegma spreader
we know next to NOTHING about this game and it has already proven to be worthy cannon fodder for photoshop :lol :lol :lol i love it

Kusagari

Diablos54 said:
I post there, and they're just as harsh on Sadness as we are here. :lol :lol

I remember them creaming over it before. I guess even they got sick of these stupid concept art images.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Khalid-S said:
Wow. That's awesome (even though its in B&W). I'd like to see the Xbox 360 pull that off.

stewacide said:
...also, theoretically speaking, are there not graphical advantages to doing a game in black and white? I'd presume you could get a lot more textures in memory / on screen, and probably a lot more lighting/effects/everything-else than would be possible in full colour.
while sadness is almost undoubtedly an utter joke at everyone's expense, there are indeed plenty of advantages of doing a game in black and white. you save a ton of memory just for the textures as you note, and any shaders, whatever can be a lot simpler.

a talented team making a black and white game could probably get some really impressive results.

not quite the same thing, but something you probably don't know. Aliens Vs Predator on the PC pulled off totally dynamic lighting, deformable models, 3d volumetric explosions and a bunch of other impressive things really early on by only using black and white textures.

now, this is normally where people say 'but i played the game! it had coloured textures!' all colouring was done with transparency masks or coloured lighting. so arguably it was doing lighting more complex than sadness or any other black and white game would need to.

i'd love to see it happen, but i doubt it ever will and sadness almost certainly won't come close.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
omg I am so excited about this game, these new character arts show just how real this game is, and I mean it had a trailer last year so its gonna rock obviously. I cant wait to play a fictional game i mean come on who doesn't want to play with something that doesn't exist?

stewacide

plagiarize said:
while sadness is almost undoubtedly an utter joke at everyone's expense, there are indeed plenty of advantages of doing a game in black and white. you save a ton of memory just for the textures as you note, and any shaders, whatever can be a lot simpler.

a talented team making a black and white game could probably get some really impressive results.

not quite the same thing, but something you probably don't know. Aliens Vs Predator on the PC pulled off totally dynamic lighting, deformable models, 3d volumetric explosions and a bunch of other impressive things really early on by only using black and white textures.

now, this is normally where people say 'but i played the game! it had coloured textures!' all colouring was done with transparency masks or coloured lighting. so arguably it was doing lighting more complex than sadness or any other black and white game would need to.

i'd love to see it happen, but i doubt it ever will and sadness almost certainly won't come close.

Nice response.

As much as Sadness is probably not real, I'd love to see what a real developer could get outa' the Wii hardware with a B&W game: or any of the systems for that matter.

There's that French resistance partially B&W game for the PS3 in the works (forget the name), but it's only partially monochrome (IIRC the game world changes from B&W to colour in indicate how 'free' a zone is or something: the B&W shots look much much better than the colour from what I recall)

Tragic in the sense that this will be a vaporware game...read some where that this game is in limbo. Could of been the a great Silent Hill genre game

housezn1a25ef.jpg

This reminds me of Baten Kaitos:EWATLO when you first start the game and the FMV plays.

I really digged the art style of Sadness. :p

consoul

Awesome.
Good to see they've spent the last six months coming up with three artworks.

Now they just need a game.

stewacide said:
...also, theoretically speaking, are there not graphical advantages to doing a game in black and white? I'd presume you could get a lot more textures in memory / on screen, and probably a lot more lighting/effects/everything-else than would be possible in full colour.
Ahaha, interesting idea. I don't know if there'd be a mode so this would properly work, but if the frame buffer could hold the image as an 8-bit grayscale rather than 16-bit or 24-bit color, maybe they could pull off 1280x720. :p
EphemeralDream said:
Is it me or does the first guy look like he's holding a ray gun?
I thought the same. Old-timey with ray guns would be fun.

From cubed3 via Go.nintendo:

http://www.cubed3.com/news/7441/1/New_Info_on_Nibris

- 18 species of monsters, some good some bad. Your path through the game determines which monsters you see

- 2 playable characters (30 year old woman and her son, same ones we mentioned a few months back)

- Female playable character is of Polish-Hungarian descent, and spent her childhood in England.

- Game will have no loading times (I am guessing this means visible loading)

- Somewhere around 20 hours in length

- Majority of the game will have you playing as the female

- Game will have voice acting

- Expect Sadness to have a lot of fog, and to closely match concept images

- Soundtrack will be performed by an orchestra

I'll leave it up to you, gaffers.

Speevy

Banned
If this game gets released, I predict it's going to be the worst reviewed game since Universal Studios Theme Park Adventure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom