• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Sakaguchi RPG for Xbox One? [Up: Nope]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have zero interest in getting an Xbox One, none whatsoever, however were they to bring an exclusive Sakaguchi RPG and a Phantom Dust-related project to the console then I would buy one in a heartbeat.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
He doesn't troll.

Even if he did, I seriously doubt he would regarding this - something that hardcore fans (pretty much the ones that would follow him on twitter) would obviously want. It would just create bad marketing for Microsoft.

Would be non-news for most, but a megaton for GAF.

True. It's not entirely impossible either - considering there's a very good chance a Platinum exclusive is coming for Xbox One (via the leaks) and now this. I still think announcing both in the same magazine is unlikely.

Even though I wouldn't play it, it would be nice to see him get work again. Too bad that's another game that won't be remotely successful and then the cycle continues :p

bGanci

Banned
Even if he did, I seriously doubt he would regarding this - something that hardcore fans (pretty much the ones that would follow him on twitter) would obviously want. It would just create bad marketing for Microsoft.
Microsoft has said they have Jrpgs in the works for Xbox one.

Kyoufu

"humor me"

"Tuesday..."

He's not being serious guys.

Though Sakaguchi would make another game for Xbox if MS funded it.

Even if this does not help MS in the long run, it hurts Sony in the short run. I think that logic did work to some extent last gen with the plethora of moneyhats thrown at Japanese devs. Sony missed out on a shit-ton of J-RPGs, in some cases permanently.

That's my way of saying this news does not surprise me.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member

Yeah, he doesn't have a history of trolling, but I can see being a downer about this. I'm a Shenmue fan myself, so I get the constant rollercoaster of emotion when it comes to games you want.

Cheeky

I sadly have to say, i seriously hope not. I bought a 360 for the JRPGs(What a weird thing to say), but after a while everything just stopped and it all went to the PS3.

Xbox one doesn't have to advantage like the 360 had though and i don't expect it to have a JRPG bubble. Meaning most fans will just move to the PS4 directly and just skip it.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Try your luck on PS4...plz

For some reason, at least during the last generation, Sakaguchi just refused to work with Sony. He apparently has a grudge or something. Not sure if it's still there though. This is also something that I vaguely remember, so I could be wrong but I seem to remember Sakaguchi not really liking Sony back then.

Microsoft has said they have Jrpgs in the works for Xbox one.

Yep. I have practically no doubts that a Sakaguchi game is probably coming to Xbox One now - of course we have no clue whether or not it's exclusive (and I don't really care as long as I get a new Sakaguchi game on a platform I own).

K' Dash

JC1ZD.gif

please be true.

My exact reaction, this might push me to buy one, LOVE Blue Dragon and LO.

Goddamit, the one game that could get me to buy an X1. He better not be lying. If MS is reading this, I WILL buy your console if you announce a new Sakaguichi JRPG. I'll buy it right now even. Lost Odyssey is still one of my favorites of last gen.

cuilan

I loved Lost Odyssey, so obviously I'd like to see LO2.

However, I would also like to see Cry On get a second chance at life.

ZenTzen

Even if this does not help MS in the long run, it hurts Sony in the short run. I think that logic did work to some extent last gen with the plethora of moneyhats thrown at Japanese devs. Sony missed out on a shit-ton of J-RPGs, in some cases permanently.

That's my way of saying this news does not surprise me.

And that hurt those companies in the long run as well, its awesome that sakaguchi is making console games again, but being exclusive is the worst kind of news for him and his company

No, I won't fall for this again. Last gen I bought a 360 because Microsoft was moneyhatting Sakaguchi and then Microsoft dumped him after Lost Odyssey. Atleast there was a good Tales game on the 360.

this post is a taste of whats to come next tuesday

the tears will be annoying

If this is true, I'm highly skeptical of it being next Tuesday. It's a strange timing.

It's more likely than not a Tueday sometime this year, but not next Tuesday. Dates realistically should've been locked down for any events they're planning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom