• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Screenshots of Nippon Ichi's PlayStation 3 RPG/ZHP Successor

Aeana

I always meant to try the one on PSP, but I have to admit that it was fairly unappealing thematically, which is why I never really bothered to check it out.

Sora_N

I'm actually not that interested, and I like N1 stuff a lot. We'll see I guess. I never played ZHP though.

Somewhat care being a new non-Disgaea game from them but I would so care so much more when NISA releases this. And whatever shiny toy they toss into their LE.

ZHP mechanics on PS3, hot! I hope they find some other way to mix it up than level gimmicks this time, the
cannon and ballooon
worlds were really tedious and took away from the core gameplay.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Well I got so excited that I bought ZHP again on PSN to play on my Vita.

How much is it on PSN? I might be willing to forgo buying it on PSP if I can get it for around the same price. There's a Gamestop near me that has it new for 20.

I've been wanting to try the first one for a while, but never got around to picking up a copy.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
How much is it on PSN? I might be willing to forgo buying it on PSP if I can get it for around the same price. There's a Gamestop near me that has it new for 20.

I've been wanting to try the first one for a while, but never got around to picking up a copy.

$30 from PSN directly but you can get a $20 DL code from Game Stop.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm down for this. ZHP was awesome.

Maybe no one on GAF cares because no one on GAF knows it exists? This is the first I'm hearing about it.

Teknoman

I care, ZHP was amazing. The gaming world needs more series involving transforming superheroes. DAT theme song.

I bet it'll be brought over via PSN.

scy

I'll care more when it's closer to localization time :x More interested in it for the mechanics than the game itself, probably.

Oxn

ZHP was awesome.

Im hoping this game gets a Vita port.

I just cant play console games anymore.

Cornbread78

ZHP was awesome.

Im hoping this game gets a Vita port.

I just cant play console games anymore.

I never played the original, but I just heard it's like Disgaea, so I'm all over it. These types of games are best played on portables, so I would love a VITA version as well, but I'm just dreaming there...

Teknoman

I never played the original, but I just heard it's like Disgaea, so I'm all over it. These types of games are best played on portables, so I would love a VITA version as well, but I'm just dreaming there...

Similar in character vibe maybe, but the gameplay is closer to Shiren or Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon. Roguelike I think?

I never played the original, but I just heard it's like Disgaea, so I'm all over it.

Similar in character vibe maybe, but the gameplay is closer to Shiren or Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon. Roguelike I think?

Yeah, it's a rougelike; unlike in Disgaea where you have a party, in Zettai Hero Project you command only one character. The game is set in a series of dungeons, which are all divided into floors, where at the bottom there is an exit that you need to get to in order to beat it. The dungeons are set up so that it feels like your essentially in the Item World from the Disgaea games; everything is randomized, and so are the exits throughout each floor.

Combat is semi-turn-based on a square-by-square grid, although I find it more active (and faster) than Disgaea. Enemies move when you do, and when they spot you, they will come after you. There are also traps in the dungeons (which can be used both for and against you, depending on how you use them), such as spikes, cannon, swinging hammers, and cartoon holes.

You also have energy (EN) that depletes over time depending on how much time you take in the dungeons or if you're using special attacks. Once it's all gone, your HP starts to deplete. You replenish EN by eating food inside dungeons, although there are also items that can be eaten.

The biggest factor of the game is customization. Within the dungeons, there are items that can be equipped and used. Weapons have different types of ranges and attacks they can achieve, as well as different special attacks. There are also items that can help you get past traps, such as tank tracks (helps you get over spikes). Equipment wear and tear after extended use, and if used too much, they will eventually break.

When you die in the dungeon, you lose all of your items, but the experience points/levels gained in the dugneons are then tallied into your "Total Level", which increases your base stats, therefore making you stronger. Re-entering the dungeon sets your level back to one, but your base stats are increased thanks to the Total Level.

These types of games are best played on portables, so I would love a VITA version as well, but I'm just dreaming there.

I agree; one of the reasons I liked Zettai Hero Project so much was that I thought it was a more pick-up-and-play game than Disgaea, thanks to most of the dungeons being rather short and the combat being much more active.

I would have bought it again if it was. D: I just find it annoying people saying things belong on a portable all the time. x:

Well, with all the constant talk of downports and stuff (especially now), Nippon Ichi games tend to be one of the only types of games that translate to handhelds perfectly, and can play just as good, if not better, than the original.

The artstyle is...unfortunate. However, my dream of Makai Kingdom 2: Electric Bugaloo requires a strong NI, so I hope it does well.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/174/G017483/20120921054/

500000000000 MORE SCREENS! OMG!

LOOK IT REALLY IS ZHP!!!

KkPE7.jpg

f9RE0.jpg

LOOK AT ALL THE CUSTOMIZATION!!!

You are right though, those are some classic Nippon Ichi-ass Nippon Ichi silliness and goodness!

GhaleonQ

you guys should buy Legasista as well then too.

Well, System Prisma's Classic Dungeon series, while far more complex than this, is probably the better comparison thanks to its customization.

All 3 are great! As is all of that company's stuff!

I really liked ZHP, I wasn't even aware it was getting a successor. I will definitely get this if it comes to NA.

I buy pretty much everything NISA releases anyway!

Looks pretty cool. But Ive always found that Nippon Ichi's games are too complex to play. Disgaea series being the most dominant contender.

Acosta

ZHP! ZHP!

I bought it (imported it from USA because I didn't want to wait for a EU localization that finally happened). Loved it, It´s great they are giving that idea another go.

I would love this to be portable but I will buy it day 1 anyway.

This reminds me I have to buy Legasista. Too many games!

i do care just to lazy to post a the time detail info is out (8 days ago), still surprise one weeks and no one would post this.

disgaea team + noizi ito arts + ZHP successor make this in the top of my most wanted game next year when localized (it's NIS PS3 game NISA will definitely localize this one complete with dual voice)

anyway dengeki detail

Dengeki this week has the full scoop on Nippon Ichi Software and Team Disgaea’s latest PlayStation 3 strategy RPG The God and the Fate Revolution Paradox.

Limited Edition includes:

• Guide and short novel booklet.
  • A character song CD sung by the members of Love Live.
  • An exclusive box set.

Voice Actors
The main character and the male angel’s voice actors are introduced.

• Renya Kagurazaka (CV: Satoshi Hino)
  • Lekiel Ishuuin (CV: Noriaki Sugiyama)
  • Galucion Himekawa (CV: Akito Kimura)

System
Can’t really tell other than it looks like the battlefield is composed of square tiles and attacks are done within a character’s parameters. Looks like a rogue-like system.

Dungeon

• Protagonist Renya and his partner will explore dungeons.
  • Enemies and obstacles in dungeons are the physical embodiment of “fate”.
  • Random dungeons are different every time you enter them.
  • There are hexahedral dungeons; each side has enemies and high/low changes.
  • The previous Flying Get report by GK said that the dungeons were connected room by room, but it seems that dungeons have typical narrow passages that connect to rooms too.
Support

• Support angels can fight as decoys.
  • They not only follow you, but can do actions separately too.
  • How you instruct them is not known yet.
  • Each angel’s specialty is different, for instancr Liliel’s specialty is healing and Sheriel’s specialty is attacking, etc.
Changing Clothes

• Change the parameter by changing their “Heavenly Garb”.
  • Doing this also changes their appearance. One screen shows Renya in cat ears/gloves with Liliel.
  • Other outfits include a magician costume, a pirate costume and a crossdressing outfit? (Ladies clothing besides his head.)
  • You can also change the angel’s appearances.
  • There is also exoskeleton/mecha-ish equipment too.

Lift & Throw
Both god and angels can lift and throw. You can do things like move to separated areas or fly over groups of enemies.

Accessories

• The Heavenly Garb have accessories with various effects like the Pico Pico Hammer which can bury enemies and a drill (head accessory) that can remove enemies from underground.
  • Using the Heavenly Garb improves its abilities.
  • God can strengthen by pouring power into panels obtained from the Heavenly Garb.

Level
Other than the reset level, a “total level” is established; according to this your status improves.

Enemy
Huge enemies, suicidal enemies, revivable zombies, and a variety of small fry enemies are introduced.

Characters
Demons are the enemies of angels. The demons are so strong that angels can’t oppose them on their own. According to some lines from Liliel, battle-wise the demons have overwhelming superiority.

• Satanadia Kyougoku (CV: Tako Kawamura) –older, leader demon.
  • Floonetie Koizuka (CV: Pile) – Satanadia’s aide, a woman demon.
  • Valial Nikaidou (CV: Takashi Hayashi) – a warlike demon.

Sheliel Kouji, the angel in the illustration, has some lines about transforming from a demon to an angel

Thanks, Sokuho@Hokanko.

Source Gematsu

also the character song is by "love live" which mean the female cast would be voiced by μ's member (nanjo yoshino etc)

Top Bottom