• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Shenmue 3 Prototype Screenshot

That looks incredible on my phone. So purty.

Can't wait for this game, i only played #2 but I'll YouTube the first before the game releases. Shenmue II was so awesome.

Spaghetti

Liking the mist in that second picture. Nice callback to Shenhua talking about fog so thick you can't see your hands in front of you in Shenmue II.

Pyrrhus

Looks solid enough to me for a prototype. They're working out broad world design, scale, and mechanics at this point. Polish comes later.

openrob

IMAGES

Apparently a video might have been shown too. Will add to the OP when more details emerge.

Hnnnggggg!!!!! SOON
p.s. Also the house in the background looks similar to the house in the first progression screens

u6FDnkT.jpg

803e315de7189c0a3fe3cecf93a0d15a_original.png

That's the Ryo Hazuki stance, alright. Love the atmosphere going on in those screens. It's obviously early days though, look forward to seeing where it goes from here.

openrob

Wait some people are disappointed with the graphics? Lol

I know right, it's only a few months into development.
I dont think people are accustomed to having in depth access to development with traditionally published games. But with crowdfunded games they need to show constant updates and proof of development progression.

nilbog21

Banned
I don't know how this game went from the biggest scale, biggest budget game of all time to what looks like a fan made mod :(

Cool.
Didn't know this was a Hatsune Miku joint.
It's weird seeing this game materialize. Feel like I should've seen these images in a gaming magazine a decade ago, some year ahead of the Dreamcast 2 launch.

Shadoken

1_alpha11.jpg

Man Street Fighter 4 is such an ugly game. Looks fan made or something. I think it will be a big let down.

SMH .... Some people dont understand what prototypes mean , this game literally just started development last year.

And making them happy should be his goal. Judging by this thread seems he is succeeding so far! So happy for you guys! 2017 is release right? Kh3 and shenume 3 in one year whoo boy

Thats right , no amount of hatorade about Graphics or Kickstarter scamming people is going to affect that. As long as the gameplay and story is there its all good.

Watching this and being at an theather at e3 last year really drove home how much people wanted this to me. Like a guy next to me was crying, another guy jumped up his popcorn flung and nobody was even mad. Just seeing everyones reactions to this game and seeing it get funded so quickly i can't do anything But be happy for lovers of my hobby. I have to imagine seeing these screenshots for certain people means so much no matter the looks they're bus happy its coming and want it to be good and its amazing.

Sesha

Looks pretty good for being so early. It's really happening, guys. Savor it.

Is there a release window for this game yet? First page I joked about 2019 but I actually have no idea. Can't be before 2018 right?

December 2017*

*meaning likely 2018

1_alpha11.jpg

Man Street Fighter 4 is such an ugly game. Looks fan made or something. I think it will be a big let down.

SMH .... Some people dont understand what prototypes mean , this game literally just started development last year.

Thats right , no amount of hatorade about Graphics or Kickstarter scamming people is going to affect that. As long as the gameplay and story is there its all good.

Straw men don't usually work to make others look wrong, but work amazingly to make one person look dumb.

Does it really matter if Shenmue 3 doesn't look great? It's all about the story. I'd take Shenmue 3 on the original engine if that was the only option. Even with the finished product, I'm not expecting it to be cutting edge.

And I'm usually a "graphics whore" to use a rather retro phrase.

These look nice. Hopefully they weren't kidding on the somewhat-hint of Shenmue 1 and 2 remasters, because I'd like to play the previous games of the series considering I backed it to support lol

Rembrandt

Banned
Does it really matter if Shenmue 3 doesn't look great? It's all about the story. I'd take Shenmue 3 on the original engine if that was the only option. Even with the finished product, I'm not expecting it to be cutting edge.

And I'm usually a "graphics whore" to use a rather retro phrase.

You're not being a graphics whore with this game because you're a huge fan of the series. Others aren't, so they're being like you usually are since the "it's all about the story" excuse or a variation of it could be used for any game.

The prototype photos look like a fan made mod to me. But it's an upgrade from DC/Xbox graphics so that's a plus.

Looking very good right there, Yu and the team.

EDIT: Can't believe people are actually complaining about the graphics. This isn't a AAA game with a Destiny budget on in-house tech to leverage like Ryse or The Order. Stop being so self-entitled and crying over nothing, the game looks great.

qcf x2

Looks OK. Just give me the game! I would've taken Dreamcast graphics so this is a cherry on top.

Yeah. This is meant to say "look guys, we've implemented day/night/twilight cycles, that stage of development is happening," not to show graphical fidelity. The assets are clearly nowhere near final.

Top Bottom