• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Soul Calibur 4 Character: Scheherazado

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
or Shenanigans!!! :D

anyways http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20080324/sc4.htm

Name: Scheherazado Age: every uncounted, the young people born in the family:隠里Height: 157 cm
体重:42kg Weight: 42 kg
生年月日:謡い月の下12日血液型:不明使用武器:レイピア武器名:ライラライラ家族構成:故郷には頭の固い老人達がいる Birthdate: Noh chant blood type at the bottom of the 12th: Missing weapons used: rapier arms: RAIRARAIRA family structure: home is a stubborn old man who

森の奥に住む、非常に長寿な一族。 Live in the woods behind the very longevity of the family. 「語り部」として外界へ抜け出した折、経験した禁忌の恋……。 "Talk department" to the outside world as抜け出したfolded, the experience of love…… contraindicated. 樹の牢獄で過ごした永い時を経て、彼女は再び森の外へと駆け出していく。永いtree's time spent in prison, after she was out of the woods again and the novice. そう、物語の結末を見届けなくては! Well, the story is見届けなくend!

sc4_03.jpg

sc4_04.jpg

LiK

i like the design. one of the few female SC characters who didn't get a boob job. but what's with the name? :)

ethelred

Metalmurphy said:
You mean people that don't bother wikipeding it?

Sorry but Scheherazado is not exactly common culture/knowledge

Yes, it is. Get a fucking education, crack open a damned classic.

Metalmurphy said:
You mean people that don't bother wikipeding it?

Sorry but Scheherazado is not exactly common culture/knowledge

I don't know about US, but here in Quebec, "she" is pretty well known. The "mille et une nuits" (I don't know how you call them) are pretty popular around here.

I'd like to state that just because you know where Scheherazade's name came from, it doesn't mean you don't think it's an odd name to tag to a willowy elf chick.

LiK

ethelred said:
Is it better to be a troll, or someone who flunked out of intermediate lit?

HEY THIS AHAB GUY LOOKS COOL BUT WHAT'S WITH THE NAME

you too. not everyone knows every type of literary figure. get off your high horse.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Scheherazade (IPA: /ʃəˌhɛrəˈzɑːd, -ˈzɑːdə/), sometimes Scheherazadea, Persian transliteration Shahrazad or Shahrzād (Persian: شهرزاد Šahrzād) is a legendary Persian queen and the storyteller of The Book of One Thousand and One Nights.

the mspaint pic from the other thread was spot on,anyway from a char with that name i expected arabesque-ish physical features ala zafina but instead i got an elf,without a bow nonetheless.I are not amused.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
sp0rsk said:
Scheherazade (IPA: /ʃəˌhɛrəˈzɑːd, -ˈzɑːdə/), sometimes Scheherazadea, Persian transliteration Shahrazad or Shahrzād (Persian: شهرزاد Šahrzād) is a legendary Persian queen and the storyteller of The Book of One Thousand and One Nights.
No, her name is Scheherazado.

if they don't leave it like that in the us release i will be so mad at namco for butchering this proud japanese name just like how hellsing was butchered by their renaming of arukardo to the vulgar american "alucard"

LiK

sp0rsk said:

cool, i read that. i simply forgot her name.

LiK said:
you too. not everyone knows every type of literary figure. get off your high horse.

This isn't even an obscure name. It's like not knowing Aladdin. You really have no business insulting people here.

Unless you're actually studying literature, I'd wager not a lot of people know who Scheherazade is at all or the story she's in. It isn't on par with something like Agamemnon or The Odyssey as far as common knowledge.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
She looks okay :)

ethelred

Speevy said:
As a video game fan, you should definitely remember things you read 15 or more years ago in school.

It would help them avoid making claims like "best story since the Rennaisance" if they actually read real honest-to-god literature.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The design isn't bad (by JRPG standards) but the face on that character model creeps me out.

Bug eyes...

Littleberu said:
I don't know about US, but here in Quebec, "she" is pretty well known. The "mille et une nuits" (I don't know how you call them) are pretty popular around here.
Well I'm from Portugal and I never heard of her and I aced High School so it's not exactly something I'm supposed to know. Certainly not something to start calling people uneducated ;)

Crushed

Fry Daddy
LiveFromKyoto said:
This isn't even an obscure name. It's like not knowing Aladdin.
I... wouldn't go THAT far. Disney and those "compilations" (of a handful of stories like the Fisherman and the Genie, Aladdin, Ali-Baba and the Forty Thieves, the adventures of Sinbad, etc.) of the Arabian Nights for children and teens ensure that Aladdin is a BIT more famous than Scheherazade.

Dragona Akehi said:
Jesus wept
I don't think Jesus would have read The Thousand and One Nights either.

Top Bottom