• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Soul Calibur 4 Character: Scheherazado

ElyrionX

Liabe Brave said:
You're restating my position, so evidently I didn't make it clear. I tried to delineate an explicit distinction between "not having an appointment to learn fact [x]" and "not caring to ever know fact [x]". The former is pretty much a default stance in a world overfull of data; the latter is ignorant. That I don't even know what finite Abelian groups are is part of my poor mathematical learning, and I have no clue if or when I'll ever make up that lack. But if I felt pride or at least no chagrin about this, I'd be a dolt.

You can't distinguish between the two like that because a person's life is finite so there's always the subconscious prioritization of tasks. Naturally, we do things that interests us. If I had a life that lasts an eternity, OBVIOUSLY somewhere along the line, Bible-reading would get its own slot in my schedule. But right now, it's just not interesting enough for me to expend time on it. So naturally, I dismiss it and do things that interests me more.

In your words, "not having an appointment to learn fact [x]" LEADS to "not caring to ever know fact [x]". They're not two distinct positions like how you describe it.

ElyrionX said:
If I had a life that lasts an eternity, OBVIOUSLY somewhere along the line, Bible-reading would get its own slot in my schedule. But right now, it's just not interesting enough for me to expend time on it. So naturally, I dismiss it and do things that interests me more.

Funnily enough, I'm of the belief that Bible-reading would be a rather fundamental step in the way to get life that lasts an eternity, or at the least a form of existence that doesn't suck balls.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
Knowledge is not intelligence. Can knowledge make one more cultured, better equipped to handle life? Sure, but reasoning is just as important as the storage of facts, and one does not necessarily need knowledge to have reason. And a lack of knowledge doesn't make someone ignorant (for the most part). There are many aspects to intelligence. Believe it or not, a less knowledgeable person can be much more intelligent than you.

Of course, "I don't want to learn" and "I don't have the time to learn" are in essence the same thing. The reasons might be different, but they lead to the same thing. Neither opinion gains that knowledge, and neither writes it off as something that isn't worth someone's time. Prioritizing something low doesn't mean that the person spits on the idea of learning it. Now I think that saying "it's not worth learning" is the wrong approach to take in a case like this. I may be of the opinion that I don't want to learn something and yet realize that it's important in the larger scope of things. I don't care at all about mathematics, as it simply is not my thing. But I realize that a lot of importance comes from it.

The M.O.B

s1.jpg

s3.jpg

s2.jpg

Out of all the recent new characters, this raises the bar for most ridiculous.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Xapati said:
I think they've fixed the dead look, they've (finally) added facial expressions and eye tracking. I certinately don't feel the characters have a dead look anymore:

Yay!!!

The game should be much better to look at, those creepy expressionless faces were too much.

Top Bottom