• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Spike VGA Teaser Video For PS3 Exclusive [Troll Levels Approaching Maximum]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Was my post a complete waste of time?

Not sure.

straws.jpg

Dunno, but here's some more straws.

Hydrargyrus

good morning guys!!!

Any clue at this time?
I've seen that Geof has talked again... and the date (7-12-11) in the site. Anything new?

I have had dreams with the ants and the Cordyceps

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Just one little question here... I see a lot of negativity towards PS Move. What's the problem with it?

This. One the one hand people bitch about a good game being 'wasted' on move or kinect, then Poole moan about how move/kinect are no good because there aren't any good games that take advantage of them.

Smh

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
good morning guys!!!

Any clue at this time?
I've seen that Geof has talked again... and the date (7-12-11) in the site. Anything new?

I have had dreams with the ants and the Cordyceps

I think this is everything we will get and the rest of the teasers will focus on a few of the 5 remaining premiers.

Well, it might be six remaining premiers since Rainbow 6: Patriots hasn't been super ultra confirmed.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
If a large, respected studio and lots of money is behind it, then yes. Why not?

Sequels are a given. We now there'll be Half-Life 3 and the likes.

Because a new ip by a first party in particular is just 'hey we are doing a new game'. A megaton needs to be a head turner.

I'd call these potential megatons:
- an established and popular IP becoming exclusive due to money hats
- a franchise with a clearly defined style/mechanic, is announced with a different direction. Eg resident evil party game
- an established development house, known for specific types of games, announces something outside of their usual titles. Eg Polyphony making an FPS

Chances of this being a "unique and deep" zombie first person game in a post Call of Duty world: 0%

Hell this could even be multiplayer only like L4D and still sell like gangbusters.

I think this is everything we will get and the rest of the teasers will focus on a few of the 5 remaining premiers.

Well, it might be six remaining premiers since Rainbow 6: Patriots hasn't been super ultra confirmed.

Wait, wasn't it a GameInformer spread last month?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!

Might want to link to a more up-to-date article about that ;)

http://www.iwaggle3d.com/2011/09/plastic-confirms-datura-as-name-of.html

I doubt this is it tho. That Last of Us teaser site hints at something completely different. And besides, it's not called Datura (assuming "The Last Of Us" is the actual game title)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Wait, wasn't it a GameInformer spread last month?

It was, but it's been in their promo commercials for the VGAs.

They might have some kind of exclusive CG trailer or something.

Rainbow Six was once quite the seller, so it might be big enough that they're willing to let it slide despite not being entirely exclusive.

Sylver

Banned
I'm still betting for Resident Evil 6, but It looks more like Dead Nation 2 or The Last Guy 2 more than other thing... xD

After reading the Gametrailers description "What will you believe?", it seems clear that the "Exclusive you won't believe" refers to the plot of the game, and not the nature of its publisher / developer.

So yeah, we were trolled.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
After reading the Gametrailers description "What will you believe?", it seems clear that the "Exclusive you won't believe" refers to the plot of the game, and not the nature of it's publisher / developer.

You mean my hopes of a Dungeon Keeper 3 reveal are dashed?

Call of duty 9 : Biological Warfare

"OMG YOU WON'T BELIEVE THE SHOCK VALUE IN THIS NEXT GAME!!!CAAAAAAAAPS"

Jacob4815

After reading the Gametrailers description "What will you believe?", it seems clear that the "Exclusive you won't believe" refers to the plot of the game, and not the nature of its publisher / developer.

This.
"You won't believe" is not megaton-related.

Fuck this show and its marketing.

yurinka

I'm still betting for Resident Evil 6, but It looks more like Dead Nation 2 or The Last Guy 2 more than other thing... xD

The Last Guy 2 confirmed! MEGATON! xD

Now seriously, I think it can be both:
-That horror Move game (Until Dawn) teased some time ago.
-A new IP from Guerrilla or Santa Monica, supporting both DS3 and Move like Killzone 3.
-Resident Evil 6 PS3 exclusive, developed by a random western studio as a reboot.
-Valve stuff : L4D trilogy + extras or HL3.

BTW, there are people with masks and appears a quarentine logo, but I would say it doesn't implies zombies.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
All this hype for a Move game ? Lmfao. I was hoping for GoW IV ...

Thank you Geoff. :|

Would you lmfao if GOWIV supports Move?

Also, there is no such thing as a "Move game". There are casual and hardcore games, Move compatible/required or not.

Another thing, a Move compatible/required game doesn't necessarily mean "OMG I need to stand up and waggle?!?". Nope.

kevm3

I am another who hopes it's not a "Move" game. If Move is an optional control scheme, cool. If it's a Move only game, no thanks.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I am another who hopes it's not a "Move" game. If Move is an optional control scheme, cool. If it's a Move only game, no thanks.

Why?

I mean, assuming it's an awesome game concept with an awesome Move implementation why "no thanks"?

kevm3

I don't care for motion gaming in any form, whether it be Kinect, Wii, or PS Move. I'd much rather have a traditional format game for my personal preferences.

yurinka

I like a game or not depending if the game is good or bad. Not depending if the game uses motion controls or not.
And the teaser looks interesting.

Err So game is revealed on 7th ?

Expect some teasing PR stuff with little info (maybe the name of the developer) announcing the game reveal for the VGA awards. And maybe another small teaser video.

PerZona

If it's Resident Evil 6 i am afraid the internet will explode!

But seriously, i wouldn't want this "shocking PS3 exclusive game" to be a PS Move game, i prefer the standard normal controller anytime.

You're the fool mate, YOU'RE THE FOOL.

It's Resident evil 6 : Gun survivor 3 Move edition.

Well, after investigating this thread, I guess it's going to be a Sony Exclusive Santa Monica Resident Evil 6 God Of War IV Last Of Us Gun Survivor 3 Triple Move Edition Zombie Shooter FPS

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Well, after investigating this thread, I guess it's going to be a Sony Exclusive Santa Monica Resident Evil 6 God Of War IV Last Of Us Gun Survivor 3 Triple Move Edition Zombie Shooter FPS

FPSMMO* thank you very much...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom