• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Spike VGA Teaser Video For PS3 Exclusive [Troll Levels Approaching Maximum]

Status
Not open for further replies.
FPSMMO* thank you very much...

Oh, right. Excuse me!

Didn't you see the ant video from the BBC with all that fungus stuff??

Vid with riots, people in quarantine and another vid of ants affected by a fungus... c'mon...

I have seen the video, yes. But I don't think they would be that stupid to hype a game that turns out to be yet another zombie game. Doesn't make any sense.

If it turns out to be one however, it better be damn good...

The ant movie is about a real-life fungus that "infects and controls" mind of those who are exposed to it and let's them die a couple of weeks later. From a BBC doc I believe (not sure which one, will check tonight).

EDIT. nvm way lttp on the bbc thing

Mind Control and zambies made me giddy for a SCEA interpretation of Siren on American soil. Never gonna happen but fuck it.

Massa

Would you lmfao if GOWIV supports Move?

Also, there is no such thing as a "Move game". There are casual and hardcore games, Move compatible/required or not.

Another thing, a Move compatible/required game doesn't necessarily mean "OMG I need to stand up and waggle?!?". Nope.

So far there have been zero Move-only games with the high production of a AAA game, so the idea of a Move-only game means less hype for the unannounced game. Of course there could always be a first, though at this point I really doubt that would happen.

Also, given how Stig Asmussen feels about motion controls I'd be surprised if God of War 4 had Move support at all. But I guess that doesn't matter if it still supports a game controller.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
If it supports it, no problem. But if GoW IV was a Move-only game I'd cry, but that won't happen.

Well, a Move required game is what you can called a Move game.
If Infamous 2, Killzone 3 or Resistance 3 were Move-only games, what would be the problem? They can be played with it just the same or, realistically better than with the normal controller.

The anti-Move crowd are an odd bunch, I haven't got one yet, don't know if I will but the double consensus seems to be that:

a) Move sucks and Sony better not make any decent games Move only
b) I'll only get a Move if it has any decent Move exclusive games!

So Which one is it and how can Sony possible win with the Move?

I wouldn't mind this being a high production values Move exclusive survival horror/adventure game.

Massa

If Infamous 2, Killzone 3 or Resistance 3 were Move-only games, what would be the problem? They can be played with it just the same or, realistically better than with the normal controller.

I disagree. As someone who has played those 3 games with a Move for about 10 hours (80% of that time in KZ3, 10 minutes in Resistance 3 and a couple of hours in inFamous 2), I would not have bought them if they were Move-only. I much prefer playing shooters and action games with a dual analog controller, even if I enjoy Move where it brings new experiences that couldn't be done without it (like Tumble and SS Tables Tennis).

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
The anti-Move crowd are an odd bunch, I haven't got one yet, don't know if I will but the double consensus seems to be that:

I wouldn't mind this being a high production values Move exclusive survival horror/adventure game.

c) Kill the fucking thing already, no one gives a shit about it anyway :p

If Infamous 2 or Killzone 3 was a Move-only game, what would be the problem? They can be played with it just the same or better than with the normal controller.

Had inFamous 2 been a Move-only game it would've sold even worse :(

I'm sorry but if those games were move only, I wouldn't have played them. Videogames are my hobby when I want to have some time to myself and relax with a good game. If I'm going to be productive with my body, it's going to be constructive and not recreational. With a group gathering, it's a different story. But when I'm alone, no.

Xater

I don't care about motion gaming in general.

Globox_82

Banned
because its a sony game, and sony games have a stigma of not selling well

can you send me over that rapport of how Sony games sold? with numbers and all that fine stuff?
People need to remember that no one really knows WW sales unless sony lets you know. And NPD does not = WORLD. And VGCbullshit has no fucking clue.

Besides GT, Uncharted, GOW say hi. O wait those don't sell 20 million = FLOP

slider

can you send me over that rapport of how Sony games sold? with numbers and all that fine stuff?
People need to remember that no one really knows WW sales unless sony lets you know. And NPD does not = WORLD. And VGCbullshit has no fucking clue.

I don't think BroHuffman was perpertuating that belief, just noting it.

I think most sony games with sequels end up profitable, I think the only notable flop is Motorstorm Apocalypse, Folklore, Heavenly Sword (actually not sure about this, but team ninja sure don't like the sales number), Lair, and probably Haze.

wait, maybe White Knight Chronicles too

Huff

Banned

you probably shouldnt get so worked up about things like this. its bad for your blood pressure

Yamibito

The ant movie is about a real-life fungus that "infects and controls" mind of those who are exposed to it and let's them die a couple of weeks later. From a BBC doc I believe (not sure which one, will check tonight).

EDIT. nvm way lttp on the bbc thing

Mind Control and zambies made me giddy for a SCEA interpretation of Siren on American soil. Never gonna happen but fuck it.

Don't tease me.

Oppo

That ant has a virus, btw. I can't remember exactly but that video is from a documentary that details and plant or bacteria that infects the ant's brain and turns it into a zombie, essentially. It makes it crawl towards light and then kills it and feeds off of the light I believe.

Not quite. You got the major beats right. But the actual thing in all it's gory detail is actually way worse and one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen or read.

The best video documentary of is is in the Planet Earth BBC blu-rays, one one of those discs.

Here is what is going on. And yeah, put down the sammich:

Scientists have identified four new species of brain-controlling fungi that turn ants into zombies that do the parasite's bidding before it kills them.

Identified from samples collected at two sites in Brazil's tropical rain forest, each of the four species specializes in controlling a different species of carpenter ant.

The original zombie-ant fungus, Ophiocordyceps unilateralis, was first identified in 1865, and it seems to exist around the world...

Once it infects an ant, the fungus uses as-yet-unidentified chemicals to control the ant's behavior. It directs the ant to leave its colony and bite down on the underside of a leaf — the ant's soon-to-be resting place. Once it is killed by the fungus, the ant remains anchored in place, thanks to its death grip on the leaf.

Ultimately, the fungus produces a long stalk that protrudes from the ant's head, shooting spores out in the hopes of infecting other ants. Two of the four newly discovered species also sprouted smaller stalks elsewhere, including from the victim's feet and lower leg joints – the equivalent of knees.

The original idea was that the spores want to be carried aloft on the wind, and it needs to start from a high vantage point to do that, so they zombify the ants to crawl up a tree and get eaten by a bird or just expire up there and explode with spores. It is just totally fucked up.

Raoh

The original idea was that the spores want to be carried aloft on the wind, and it needs to start from a high vantage point to do that, so they zombify the ants to crawl up a tree and get eaten by a bird or just expire up there and explode with spores. It is just totally fucked up.

whoa...

Globox_82

Banned
So how much did Infamous 2 sell in NA in first month?

btw: didn't sony release some statement that infamous 2 dlc was best selling PS dlc ever or something like that?
VGbusllshit has Infamous 2 on less then 1 million

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Had inFamous 2 been a Move-only game it would've sold even worse :(
I don't mean sales, I mean simply playability. Every one of those games works just fine with Move, and so do a number of games that are impossible without it. I really think Sony should just bite the bullet and make the Move successor the default controller with PS4.

Globox_82

Banned
Not quite. You got the major beats right. But the actual thing in all it's gory detail is actually way worse and one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen or read.

The best video documentary of is is in the Planet Earth BBC blu-rays, one one of those discs.

it's damn impressive. I wonder how will they use this concept in a game, can't wait to see it.

Trevelyan

Banned
So how much did Infamous 2 sell in NA in first month?

btw: didn't sony release some statement that infamous 2 dlc was best selling PS dlc ever or something like that?
VGbusllshit has Infamous 2 on less then 1 million

I2 did 369,00 in June of this year.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I'm sorry but if those games were move only, I wouldn't have played them. Videogames are my hobby when I want to have some time to myself and relax with a good game. If I'm going to be productive with my body, it's going to be constructive and not recreational. With a group gathering, it's a different story. But when I'm alone, no.

Flicking a wrist is not really that different from flicking a thumb. I actually find more comfortable to play shooter with Move as I need to move my thumb around much less frequently.

But to me, it's a matter of fun and playing those games with the Move is immensely more fun than with the DS3. Heck, Move support brought me back into MAG back in the days. And I hated MAG.

Shtof

I think most sony games with sequels end up profitable, I think the only notable flop is Motorstorm Apocalypse, Folklore, Heavenly Sword (actually not sure about this, but team ninja sure don't like the sales number), Lair, and probably Haze.

wait, maybe White Knight Chronicles too

I think HS sold pretty well, especially so early in the systems lifecycle. But Ninja Theory wanted more, and abandoned the IP in favor of Enslaved, which was a true bombah even being a multiplatform title. You probably know the rest of the story, DmC and all that.

Shtof

Flicking a wrist is not really that different from flicking a thumb. I actually find more comfortable to play shooter with Move as I need to move my thumb around much less frequently.

But to me, it's a matter of fun and playing those games with the Move is immensely more fun than with the DS3. Heck, Move support brought me back into MAG back in the days. And I hated MAG.

The Move itself works very well, it's that damn camera which is the problem.

Massa

Hum, I find moving my wrist much more tiring than moving my thumb.

Globox_82

Banned
I think HS sold pretty well, especially so early in the systems lifecycle. But Ninja Theory wanted more, and abandoned the IP in favor of Enslaved, which was a true bombah even being a multiplatform title. You probably know the rest of the story, DmC and all that.

I don't know if they abandoned it. More like Sony ditched them. There was an article about that and Lair developer. About how they asked for a lot of money to make these games and one was garbage, the other one was only 5 hours long.

I agree, shame really. I didn't like HS demo, but I had interest in the game. Buying used or new is very expensive where I live. I would like to give HS a shot eventually.

Sony tried hard to launch a couple of new IPs early on. Folklore, HS, Lair, and a couple of other that I can't remember atm.
And now they are doing similar thing in 2012. Ruin, The Last of Us, Starhawk, Sorcery (to be shown in December) and probably more. It seems Sony like to launch new IPs early on ,and in last few years of console life cycle.

Hum, I find moving my wrist much more tiring than moving my thumb.

That's like saying moving a mouse is way more tiring than typing WASD. Both require very little effort. If moving your wrist around casually is tiring then there's something wrong with your wrist.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
The Move itself works very well, it's that damn camera which is the problem.

Assuming camera control is well implemented, it only takes practice to get accustomed to it. It's not second nature by any means, but the learning process is not that much different from the one we went through went the mouse or right analog sticks were first introduced.

When it comes to 1st/3rd person shooters with Move, the wrongest assumption you can make is that you'll own immediately. That's not the case at all. You need to re-learn the way you control stuff. Some people give it time and it clicks. Others just don't bother, try it a bit, dismiss it as broken and eventually miss the extra fun :p

But this is only true with the current implementation adopted by most developers. I'll never understand why more effort isn't put in the fixed reticule solution seen in the shooting sections of PlayStation Move Heroes. That feels really natural regardless of your experience with pointer controls.

SamuraiX-

Now this sounds like it could have some potential.

Just please don't be a PSMove exclusive game. :(

Globox_82

Banned
if it turns out to be that flashlight move game I am going to be so disappointed. Geoff can't hype this much some linear move title, or can he? Can HE!?!!

Takao

Banned
if it turns out to be that flashlight move game I am going to be so disappointed. Geoff can't hype this much some linear move title, or can he? Can HE!?!!

Linear? From what we've seen of Until Dawn (all 3 seconds of it) it doesn't appear to be on rails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom