• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Spike VGA Teaser Video For PS3 Exclusive [Troll Levels Approaching Maximum]

Status
Not open for further replies.
This could be anything because Sony has so many games in development that we have very little to no information about.

Quantic Dream's new game.

Santa Monica Studio's new game.

Guerilla Game's new IP.

Not to mention that they have other developers that are clearly working on new games, yet nothing has leaked.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
v3WZT.jpg

Yeah, that does look like Master Chief (54 secs). I'm wondering if it's teasing Bungie's involvement rather than Halo4PS3.

What?

This is a make it or break it announcement when it comes to Keighley. At least for me. If this is legit I'll be pleasantly surprised. If this is a hype machine that leads to virtually nothing then I'll never believe another word that comes out of his mouth. He could say the sky is blue and I'd think he would be bullshitting.

This is a make it or break it announcement when it comes to Keighley. At least for me. If this is legit I'll be pleasantly surprised. If this is a hype machine that leads to virtually nothing then I'll never believe another word that comes out of his mouth. He could say the sky is blue and I'd think he would be bullshitting.

His smirk at the end of the video seamed to be genuine excitement/amazement.

Phenomic

v3WZT.jpg

Yeah, that does look like Master Chief (54 secs). I'm wondering if it's teasing Bungie's involvement rather than Halo4PS3.

Edit:

Just watched the teaser video and it seems pretty obvious that it's Master Chief in whatever that circle thing is. And if that's not master chief seems like they need to rethink that character design unless they want a lawsuit. I doubt Halo is going to ps3, but Bungie and a Sony exclusive announcement from that team is really huge and I don't think it's something a lot of people would have guessed just based on the success that Bungie had with the 360.

I mean it seems like one of the most rational things I can think of for a show like this and it seems to be in line with all the criteria.

Of course, all of that could just be something thrown in the video to throw everyone off. Who knows what's going to show up at this thing.

Just watched the teaser video and it seems pretty obvious that it's Master Chief in whatever that circle thing is. I doubt Halo is going to ps3, but Bungie and a Sony exclusive announcement from that team is really huge and I don't think it's something a lot of people would have guessed.

I mean it seems like one of the most rational things I can think of for a show like this that fits all the criteria.

Seams weird Activion would allow that... Unless they are doing 2 games.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
it HAS to be a betrayalton. it just HAS to be. i don't know what i will do if it turns out to not be so.

hold me gaf

Lingitiz

Seams weird Activion would allow that... Unless they are doing 2 games.

I doubt they are doing two games. They've repeatedly said the Activision project is an "all hands on deck" type thing.

This whole thing just seems way too overhyped. Unless its a betrayalton I can't really be all that shocked, but then what big independent developers are really left to pull something like that off?

Diablo 3 might end up being a ps3 exclusive. Blizzard did mention that in an interview.

Diablo 3 doesn't fit with this particular announcement IMO - Sony seems to be heavily involved in whatever this game is, but if it's Diablo 3 I'd have thought Activision Blizzard could handle that themselves (and knowing Activision, they'd probably prefer it to be multiplatform).

Just watched the teaser video and it seems pretty obvious that it's Master Chief in whatever that circle thing is. And if that's not master chief seems like they need to rethink that character design unless they want a lawsuit. I doubt Halo is going to ps3, but Bungie and a Sony exclusive announcement from that team is really huge and I don't think it's something a lot of people would have guessed just based on the success that Bungie had with the 360.

I mean it seems like one of the most rational things I can think of for a show like this and it seems to be in line with all the criteria.

Of course, all of that could just be something thrown in the video to throw everyone off. Who knows what's going to show up at this thing.

That clip of Master Chief and Cortana is from the Halo 4 E3 trailer, Halo 4 is being developed by 343 Industries, and that same clip (as well as clips from other games) appears in the same way in other VGA 2011 videos on GameTrailers. I wouldn't read into it too much.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
watching that video, it's definitely a new IP.
damn, was hoping for betrayalton. gaf reactions are worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom