• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Splatoon Info & Gameplay of Battle Dojo, amiibo, Single-Player

Mesoian

Seems like a good sign that they know this game is going to need post-launch support. Hopefully they'll make DLC map packs to keep the community thriving, too.

Hopefully their DLC plans will be as meaningful and robust as Hyrule Warrior's was.

NotLiquid

Seems like a good sign that they know this game is going to need post-launch support. Hopefully they'll make DLC map packs to keep the community thriving, too.

They've mentioned quite a few times that post-launch support is already in the plans, so hopefully we'll get some good results out of it. To this day I still feel that the reason Hyrule Warriors did so well was thanks to it's great word-of-mouth and the support that came along with it.

VanWinkle

Nintendo does make me furious sometimes. I feel that the Wii U's lack of party chat functionality, and - more specifically - the lack of voice chat in this game, is going to severely impact the sense of community. It will never feel personal, you'll never get to know people that you meet in the game that could potentially became new friends with, etc. I just don't understand them. Why couldn't they at least have an OPT-IN for voice chat? If you aren't opted-in, you can't hear anyone or talk. That would keep it family-friendly for the ones who don't want it.

Argh, it drives me crazy that they're so weird about this stuff.

jariw

Nintendo does make me furious sometimes. I feel that the Wii U's lack of party chat functionality, and - more specifically - the lack of voice chat in this game, is going to severely impact the sense of community. It will never feel personal, you'll never get to know people that you meet in the game that could potentially became new friends with, etc. I just don't understand them. Why couldn't they at least have an OPT-IN for voice chat? If you aren't opted-in, you can't hear anyone or talk. That would keep it family-friendly for the ones who don't want it.

Argh, it drives me crazy that they're so weird about this stuff.

The lack of voice chat has been discussed way too little. Please tell us more.

How many online matches have you played so far of Splatoon?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Keep having to remember that the game is still more than a month away, may 29th is so far away...

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I like how in the single player the shooting is exploit to platforming.
hopefully the story mode will be satisfying, I'll play a lot out of it

radcliff

Local multiplayer sounds kind of lame. It goes from a cool turf war game (online multi) to pop as many balloons as you can (local multi)? No thanks. I wanted this game to play local multiplayer with my nephews, so I guess I am out.

trixx

Local multiplayer sounds kind of lame. It goes from a cool turf war game (online multi) to pop as many balloons as you can (local multi)? No thanks. I wanted this game to play local multiplayer with my nephews, so I guess I am out.
Yeah especially since its just 1v1. Could have added some turf wars with bots or something. Online multiplayer would have been cool as well.

th4tguy

Why would anyone want to play it split screen? isn't a lot of the fun hiding in the ink and ambushing people? that would be completely ruined on split screen.

I like to play multiplayer online with my wife and we only own the one WiiU. The game actually loses a lot of appeal to me if I can't play it split screen online with her.

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/splato...ited-user-customization-settings#.VThWzKZlw7Z

Unlike Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, there is no custom match types to play privately online with friends. Another issue brought up was the ability to change the look sensitivity. In Splatoon, these settings can only be changed before or after a match, a somewhat out of date feature.

Seriously? Why are they going out of their way to ruin this game's online longevity? I'm still looking forward to it, though. :-/

popyea

Why is it an issue if you can't change the aim sensitivity during a match? What's the use in constantly changing the sensitivity settings?

Lingitiz

I'm just seeing these videos now but I'm really liking the way the single player looks in the GI Test Chamber video. I was kind of expecting just a set of challenge rooms to go through but I'm glad they actually designed unique gameplay elements for the SP.

Bahlor

massive and dedicated would be better.

It will be doing very well I guess, there aren't games like this for WiiU right now and reactions to this game really really great. I expect it to be successful in terms of sales, reviews and player base.

Why is it an issue if you can't change the aim sensitivity during a match? What's the use in constantly changing the sensitivity settings?

It's only once you're in-game that it becomes obvious that the current sensitivity setting needs changing. And by then, you're stuck with it for the whole match.

However, I agree in that I don't really see why someone would need to change it so many times beyond the first few days of playing. Just spend some time getting the setting right on the day you get the game, and be done with it. Not something you should have to deal with more than once.

I caught a random video of this today...

Dammit now I want it. I will force myself to wait for reviews, but I've gotta imagine it won't have a price drop for a while considering how Nintendo games tend to hold their value. I'm wondering, is there any sort of character/account leveling/advancement? Do we unlock things as we play more or is the entire content unlocked right away when you first start up online multiplayer? I haven't had time to figure this out just yet by watching videos so I was hoping someone here knew.

Just figured it out, there is currency you can use to buy stuff. Nice.

Top Bottom