• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Star Wars TFA footage

Status
Not open for further replies.
These may be bad guys idk

skrmbillede2015-11-26libyc.png

When I saw Fellowship of the Ring in the theater, it was packed on opening night. The part came along that the pristine, square jawed, wise old king said "this is my advisor, Grima Wormtounge" and it cut to Grima, scowling and wringing his hands with greasy hair and black bags under his eyes and a mouthful of what appeared to be black ink. Some guy in the audience shouted out "hey, that must be a BAD GUY" and the whole crowd erupted into laughter.

Nodnol

The music...the music in all of these has been just...

So excited. I can't really even articulate my reaction after seeing each teaser or trailer or TV spot. I'm just a gibberish wreck.

Cheebo

Banned
Mark Hammil is doing that voice, I can feel it!!

listen to the Two talking I know one is Kylo Ren but the other sounds like Hammil...

the circle is complete etc.
Well other than the fact it sounds nothing like Hamill and the fact we have known for over a year that's Andy Serkis.

The desperation for Hamill Luke to secretly be one of the leads that we already know about is something I never expected. I would have assumed people would have moved pas denial about Lukes role in the film by now.

The movie is about Rey, Finn, Poe, and Kylo. This is their film.

Blader

I wonder if the red sky in that pic is supposed to be a demonstration of Starkiller Base's weapon -- and that shot of all the storm troopers turning around is them watching it happen.

When I saw Fellowship of the Ring in the theater, it was packed on opening night. The part came along that the pristine, square jawed, wise old king said "this is my advisor, Grima Wormtounge" and it cut to Grima, scowling and wringing his hands with greasy hair and black bags under his eyes and a mouthful of what appeared to be black ink. Some guy in the audience shouted out "hey, that must be a BAD GUY" and the whole crowd erupted into laughter.

Must have been a really long cut of Fellowship. Long enough to include The Two Towers. ;)

styl3s

Well other than the fact it sounds nothing like Hamill and the fact we have known for over a year that's Andy Serkis.

The desperation for Hamill Luke to secretly be one of the leads that we already know about is something I never expected. I would have assumed people would have moved pas denial about Lukes role in the film by now.

The movie is about Rey, Finn, Poe, and Kylo. This is their film.
Looks like JJ abrams finally tricked someone with his misdirection.

Clearly this is Luke's film. Is all this music available yet?

Cheebo

Banned
Looks like JJ abrams finally tricked someone with his misdirection.

Clearly this is Luke's film. Is all this music available yet?
I really hope people don't actually think this. If you don't want to see a movie where Daisy Ridley is the lead then this isn't going to be your movie.

raphier

Banned
Who did they change the color of the sky in this shot? Previous versions of this shot had a normal cloudy sky.

that planet shoots lasers, I guess one is being used Just to imagine going from aclear daylight to omnious red on the big screen. *drool*

Jarmel

Banned
Yep, looks like this will have the best dogfight sequence in the franchise. Holy fuck at those low atmosphere sequences.

Xyrmellon

Yeah, it's the first time I've seen him doing anything in the movie resembling action, and he looks like an old man climbing out of rubble.

It's not bad, it just is what it is.

Let's remember the guy broke a leg during filming, you don't know when this was shot.

WillyFive

Yes! Looks like there are space battles!

Also, I'm guessing that the planet Starkiller Base is on is like a planet-sized Death Star or something.

Alienous

For those actually worried about "too much footage" getting out - a blogger actually went through every commercial and trailer, frame by frame, to calculate EXACTLY how much footage has gotten out.

He says it's somewhere around 4%.

Seriously, there's graphs and shit.

What a weird statistic.

I'm sure the concern is the kind of footage shown more than the sheer amount. Like, of course it'll just be a small percentage of the overall footage, but a lot of the movie will be scenes of several minutes of dialogue, so that percentage doesn't say much about how much of the movie the pre-release footage is exposing to the audience.

Uhh, don't read the comments?!

I don't ever read the comments so it never occurred to me to look at them.

Why would you do that anyway?

so that percentage doesn't say much about how much of the movie the pre-release footage is exposing to the audience.

No, the article contained behind the link I provided that wraps around the multiple graphs I mentioned does that. The percentage is just likely the biggest stat, which is why I posted it as the text for the link you were to click.

New theory on Snoke. He is the Rancor form Return of the Jedi. Think about it, he is tall and Serkis recently said Snoke is tall with unique bone structure. He is in charge of Kylo Ren who is Luke Skywalker played by Adam Driver.

I don't ever read the comments so it never occurred to me to look at them.

Why would you do that anyway?

Hah. People do that, I guess?

I'm not busting your balls about it, I'm just warning people who are going into that article. The first comment has a big headline of what seems to be spoilers over it and it's immediately following the article. I mean, go check it out yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom