• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Starfield video outlines the 'Settled Systems'

Javthusiast

Banned
Getting 'The Expanse' vides. I'm intrigued.
The Expanse Yes GIF by Amazon Prime Video

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
Do we have any idea about how aliens will be portrayed here?

I really hope they don't go the Mass Effect way and make them humanoid. I don't even want them to speak a human language or be able to communicate directly with humans.
I don't want the alien races to be relatable at all. I want this shit to be extraterrestrial as fuck.

Edit:
I suggest people should go read the original article: https://web.archive.org/web/2021061...-reveal-exclusive-todd-howard-spent-25-years/

Quote: "There are alien races too – although Howard won’t disclose how they tie in to the game’s realistic grounding (“There is a way we approach it, I will say that”) – and planets to explore."

That could mean normal alien critters too, not actual intelligent life

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
I hope it runs 60 fps on series S!

I dont know if this will be a 60fps game.
Its a current gen only game, so it could be using the extra power for other things.

It will be interesting to see what the resolutions are for the series consoles are.

So light on details for a game that’s only 12 months away.

nothing strikes me as anything too novel with the concept they are going with, so it’s hard to get very hyped at this point. It seems okay. It’s going to come down to execution as always

Sosokrates

Starfield is over a year out. You were expecting hands on previews?

they’ve shared nearly as much material as we’ve seen of Elden Ring that comes out in 4 months.

No i was not expecting anything.

But the video like this is pretty useless for me. Its a bit of a tease.

But im a massive xbox hater, so i shit on starfield every chance i get!

Sosokrates

This thing is so far out, these are just to keep up investor's confidence levels and to remind people that these guys still exist as a company inbetween their Skyrim re-releases.

Im thirsty for some more gameplay.

Top Bottom