• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Street Fighter 4 Character + AOU vids

FoxSpirit

First off, this is shaping up to be great. If it retains SF gameplay, huge success. Cake for all!

Second, get out and play KOFXI. It's great.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Karmacide said:
street-fighter-iv-20080214072248997_640w.jpg
250px-TZ_White_Paul.jpg

Paul got a haircut and took off his pants.
No, just no!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
That announcer is really not good at all. Almost as bad as the CvS2 one.

Economan said:
Starting intros have to go.
This too. This ain't Tekken. They just need the classic simple gestures or characters jumping onto the screen and then brawl.

WoWcraft

Banned
Economan said:
Starting intros have to go.

Yeah, I mean unless they're as cool as KoF ones (like Andy vs Mai in various KoF), then drop it with that zooming into their faces and saying cliche bullshit.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
I havent seen the vids yet, did the street fighter hate go away? Seiken: If you are gonna get SF4 on PS3 let me know, ill let you own me XD

raviolico

Tiduz said:
I havent seen the vids yet, did the street fighter hate go away?

well, the more i watch those clips the more i get the feeling that SFIV will be a very, very awesome brawler. and that comes from a person that quit a bit disliked the first screens...

mmafiend

Banned
tribal24 said:
no no no remakes capcom just needs to make a part 3 with hd sprites; ; i can dream
i rather them remake marvel vs capcom 1 like this, then make a 3rd game. marvel vs capcom 2 was bad. the 1st was much better.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Tiduz said:
I havent seen the vids yet, did the street fighter hate go away? Seiken: If you are gonna get SF4 on PS3 let me know, ill let you own me XD
I'm getting SF4 (PS3) even if it sucks. I mean, it's Street Fighter! I just simply hate how it looks and runs at the moment :( If the online parts' satisfying enough, I'll let you win a couple rounds though! :D

Vrolokus

Banned
Guile's background really needs something more in it. A bare tarmac with a crowd of people in the distance just isn't cool to look at.

The China stage looks great, though.

haunts said:
yeah guile stage looks like crap

Yeah. I also dunno why they decided Guile's stage should be Africa. I know he's in the military and so he's stationed there for whatever reason but still.... I guess I'm just used to a characters stage being their country of origin.

Aeris130

Were'nt C.Viper supposed to be a grappling character? And hsssssss at the intros. Christ.

*Edit Seems like you can skip them. Whoopie.

Vrolokus

Banned
Space A Cobra said:
Yeah. I also dunno why they decided Guile's stage should be Africa. I know he's in the military and so he's stationed there for whatever reason but still.... I guess I'm just used to a characters stage being their country of origin.

It's Africa? I missed that.

Vrolokus said:
It's Africa? I missed that.

Yeah. You can see it says Africa in the next stage screen at the beginning of the Ryu vs C.Viper video. If you look hard you can even see some giraffes in the backround too.

Wark

Vrolokus said:
Guile's background really needs something more in it. A bare tarmac with a crowd of people in the distance just isn't cool to look at.

The China stage looks great, though.

Yeah, the Guile stage really contrasts how detailed Chun-Li's level is. I really dislike with match starting with the middle of the screen focusing in on a large vacant area with people standing on each side. However, I don't mind Ryu's stage. Still, it doesn't look as polished and complete as Chun-Li's marketplace stage. Hopefully both of the new stages are both just works in progress.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
The Guile stage is VERY incomplete according to the Capcom folks. Lots more stuff will be going into it soon. The market is by far the most complete stage.

h3ro

jstevenson said:
The Guile stage is VERY incomplete according to the Capcom folks. Lots more stuff will be going into it soon. The market is by far the most complete stage.

Thanks for the info J!

Quick question though, how is the music? Its hard to hear on these indirect captures, but is it new music or remixes of the original SFII soundtrack?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
h3ro said:
Thanks for the info J!

Quick question though, how is the music? Its hard to hear on these indirect captures, but is it new music or remixes of the original SFII soundtrack?

Couldn't really hear it/wasn't listening for it, to be honest. Lots of talking and stuff. I think remixes though, but don't quote me on that.

Ryu1999

h3ro said:
Thanks for the info J!

You can hear pretty clearly the China stage music in the latest vids. Not a remix of the old Chun stage music, but definitely has SOME interpolations. At least its not the generic jazz/techno that 3s and A3 had

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
fuck the intro shit, what needs to go is the camera changes with the supers or ultras or whatnot... Horrid shit. also, give me defined fireballs god damn it.

vg260

jstevenson said:

That's good to hear.

The market stage looked amazing when I stopped to look at all the stuff going on. I just noticed in one video how two kids run down the alley then stop to watch the fight. Subtle, but awesome.

Dali

jstevenson said:
Couldn't really hear it/wasn't listening for it, to be honest. Lots of talking and stuff. I think remixes though, but don't quote me on that.

In one of the videos I could hear Chun Li's music pretty clearly. It had elements that reminded me of the original stage music, but it was totally different (and I don't think the nostalgia is talking when I say not nearly as good). Definitely not remixed.

yurinka

By the way, in SFIV the stages aren't related to a specific character. They'll appear in a random order. But some of they will be inspired in classic SF2 backgrounds (as the mentioned "Guile" or "Chun-li" stages).

Mr Jared

If you see a Zangief fucking people up hardcore in those GameSpot videos, that would be me. I went 18 straight before stepping away while they were recording.

So after playing more SF4 than anyone in the world at this point (aside from the people working on it of course) my original opinion still stands but with a glimmer of hope that they could pull it off. Its still slow, awkward to play and the massive recovery delay on every move totally fucks up the game, but they in theory, it should be easy stuff to fix.

I laid all my grievances on Ono and he agreed with a lot of it. Its just a bizarre, frustrating game. I'm going back tomorrow for more but probably just to focus on the two new characters.

Posting on the iPhone sucks ;p

master15

alkaline black said:
If you see a Zangief fucking people up hardcore in those GameSpot videos, that would be me. I went 18 straight before stepping away while they were recording.

alkaline black
Sucks at fighting games
(Today, 05:46 AM)
Reply | Quote

Clearly ther's a GAF in-joke I'm missing

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
yurinka said:
By the way, in SFIV the stages aren't related to a specific character. They'll appear in a random order. But some of they will be inspired in classic SF2 backgrounds (as the mentioned "Guile" or "Chun-li" stages).

This is greatly disappointing if true. I've disliked how fighters in recent years have given up on the old-school standard of every character deserving a stage theme, with their own music, etc, and increasingly having a small number of stages and music tracks.

I really appreciated Virtua Fighter 5 going all out and having a stage and musical theme for everybody. It made it feel more "complete" that most fighters to me.

SFIV really deserves a stage and piece of music for everyone.

alkaline black said:

So after playing more SF4 than anyone in the world at this point (aside from the people working on it of course) my original opinion still stands but with a glimmer of hope that they could pull it off. Its still slow, awkward to play and the massive recovery delay on every move totally fucks up the game, but they in theory, it should be easy stuff to fix.

I laid all my grievances on Ono and he agreed with a lot of it. Its just a bizarre, frustrating game. I'm going back tomorrow for more but probably just to focus on the two new characters.

Posting on the iPhone sucks ;p

If Ono agreed, I have hope.

That said, the vidoes still look pretty sweet to me.

Top Bottom