• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Street Fighter IV Location Test Reveals... (New/Old Chars + MORE) !

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
If I had to complain about one thing, its a bit disappointing that no designs have been touched up.

I understand that transferring a 2d sprite into 3d is in itself an act of re-designing the characters, and that if you want to re-capture the SF2 crowd you need these old designs, but I personally would have liked to see a rendition of these characters look a little older (like how Ryu, Ken and Chun-Li were redesigned for SF Alpha)

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Those new shots look gorgeous - my goodness...

Console ports better hurry...

Raging Spaniard said:
If I had to complain about one thing, its a bit disappointing that no designs have been touched up.

I understand that transferring a 2d sprite into 3d is in itself an act of re-designing the characters, and that if you want to re-capture the SF2 crowd you need these old designs, but I personally would have liked to see a rendition of these characters look a little older (like how Ryu, Ken and Chun-Li were redesigned for SF Alpha)

Well, they can get away with it since they already said that it's just after SF2, and before SF3 - Alpha was way before SF2 storyline-wise...

Mr Jared

Raging Spaniard said:

Street Fighter IV takes place between SF2 and SF3. There really isn't much room for age there. Even then, with their designs, no one looked particularly older in SF3 either.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
alkaline black said:
Street Fighter IV takes place between SF2 and SF3. There really isn't much room for age there. Even then, with their designs, no one looked particularly older in SF3 either.

You mean all 3 of the returning guys though, that isn't much, plus Akuma. I really liked the fact that they gave him some grey hair, that was neat and its the kind of re-design I was talking about.

Im cool with most of the characters looking the same, but I dunno, if boxer had a new outfit or if Vega had some scars from Akuma fucking him up, little things like that

tetsuoxb

Sapiens said:
We can look at things more objectively now; the haters of SFIV are certifiable half-man mongoloids with cancer.

Sure you didn't mean it that way, but that could be taken a bit racist.

Canti

Looking good~

pvo2b.jpg

Is the final arcade build still on for fall? We know of 16 characters already, I guess there's very few left (a roster of 18-20 total? Where are all the women?). One of my most anticipated games this year :D

Canti said:
Looking good~

pvo2b.jpg

Is the final arcade build still on for fall? We know of 16 characters already, I guess there's very few left (a roster of 18-20 total? Where are all the women?). One of my most anticipated games this year :D

HOLY GOD

WANT

Where did you get that?

Canti

The-Switcher said:
HOLY GOD

WANT

Where did you get that?
It's from todays entry on the official blog ~ HERE ~ wish there was an english version ;_;

Background suggests the return of break the barrels game?

Top Bottom