• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New super hot Final Fantasy XV CG character renders (Cidney, Iris, etc.)

Please tell me those are jeans.....
Nope, they're baggy pleated work pants! Overtop dress (cowboy???) boots!

ff10cid.0.jpg

The worst
He's been dethroned. (Though FFX Cid wasn't my least favorite before.)

before it drowns in the flood of what will almost certainly be Cindy's outfit complaints, let me just say, hot damn girl

Okay, commence

Normally I'd be annoyed, but Final Fantasy has generally been pretty good with female characters, so it doesn't really... stick out? Like, I'd like a female party member too, but the whole best friends road trip thing sort of works as an interesting way of doing things. If this was a series that was historically awful with female representation it'd be an issue, but they've sorta earned their gratuitous fanservice?

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Thank you for calling her Cidney. Respect.

Korigama

tfw the game will force Noctis into a boring love interest.

This is Squall not getting Quistis all over again.
Eh, I considered Rinoa more interesting than Quistis (of course, Squall and Rinoa were among the few to get proper focus in VIII's cast).

Byvar

I just noticed that Iris also has bright red soles. Just like Cor, she's been fighting against that fan feedback to keep the freedom to express herself through her soles.
So basically, we now have:
  • Noctis
  • Gladiolus
  • Ignis
  • Prompto
  • Cor
  • Iris
I'm sure it's just a coincidence, but those are also all of the confirmed party members, and I don't think any other character has been shown off with red soles. I wonder if all party members will have red soles. Perhaps "red is an important color"? :p

GUYS obviously you dont realize the blistering temperatures in hamerhead, shes wears a bikini top so she doesnt get too hot (no pun intended) obviously and the only reason her undies are sticking out is because she forgot to put on a belt, surely someone will tell her. Get your minds out of the gutter. Im sure grandpa cid wore the same attire in his younger days as a mechanic too

Why isn't Cor a main party member? Whyyyyyyyyy?

My biggest regret about the shift to XV (maybe my only regret). I'd settle for an episode Cor DLC though. I want to wreck fools Iaido style.

Also not getting the complaints about Cid's pants. They're basically dickies, which lots of old blue collar dudes wear. When I used to work for the city during the summer all the old timers had them.

Vex_

Banned
I like how people try to make sense of what a character is wearing in a timeline that probably has different ideals on what looks cool or acceptable. Those pants the grandpa is wearing are probably in style like hell where he is from.

Maybe he has more game than you realize? He probably has girls knocking on his door for some "daddy" everyday.

LordKasual

Banned
I like how people try to make sense of what a character is wearing in a timeline that probably has different ideals on what looks cool or acceptable. Those pants the gandpa is wearing are probably in style like hell where he is from.

Maybe he has more game than you realize. He probably has girls knocking on his door for some "daddy" everyday.

Who needs good jeans when he clearly has good genes

eh? Ehh?

Agreed.

Gotta say, zero hype for this game. It's going to be a big, bloated mess.

Just about all evidence is pointing to the contrary, but here's to you hoping yeah?!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'm surprised Cor and Cid aren't zippery and belty enough.

I like how people try to make sense of what a character is wearing in a timeline that probably has different ideals on what looks cool or acceptable. Those pants the grandpa is wearing are probably in style like hell where he is from.

Maybe he has more game than you realize? He probably has girls knocking on his door for some "daddy" everyday.
please never talk like this about cid ever again.

LordKasual

Banned
i541QaC.jpg

What raid he get this armor in,

what is this secret 4th coil he's done.

LOL

Nobody ever brings this up, but OG Ravus from Versus's outfit looks extremely similar to the Ascian's outfits, particularly Elidibus. But Ravus is definitely channeling his FFXIV / Game of Thrones designs

dramatis

Oh boy here we go with the Cindy whining.

I have no idea why she in particular is the gender representation mountain everyone is rushing to die on.
Criticizing a bad female character design is 'whining', huh.

Or is it only appropriate to criticize what you deem appropriate to criticize?

Aters

Criticizing a bad female character design is 'whining', huh.

Or is it only appropriate to criticize what you deem appropriate to criticize?

You know, when the same thing has been criticized for one and a half year, it's pretty close to whining.

Salarians

XV Cid seems fine from what I've seen of him. VII Cid is still best, and I don't even particularly like VII.

XIV ARR Cid might be best if we're going solely by visuals. Both XII Cids are great too.

GorillaJu

Only one of those I don't like is the blonde guy in white. Everyone else has a really nice look that plays with the line between realistic and fantastical. He just looks very generic to me. Only other thing I don't like is the pink on Cindy'a outfit. She'd look better in dark browns instead of white and pink in some places. I mean a mechanic in white boots?!

Vamphuntr

god damn the character designs in this game are bad

When was the last time you thought a FF game had good character design =) ? Outside of XII recently it was always a weird mashup of Nomura's mind and JPOP disaster. I do feel that party member wise it's probably of the most unappealing FF party ever.

Oh boy here we go with the Cindy whining.

I have no idea why she in particular is the gender representation mountain everyone is rushing to die on.

My guess is that she's one of the few important female characters in the game and while she's supposed to be a mechanics she kind of looks more like a stripper. Many high profile Japanese games tend to be very poor on that front (hello quiet from MGSV). I mean if you don't want to read the "whining" then don't go in these threads.

Top Bottom