• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New THE NINJA WARRIORS ONCE AGAIN trailer

kunonabi

Game is looking great. Daddy Mulk rendition is kind of eh but the live performance is pretty hard to match.

Pejo

AHHH no PC version. I have never heard of this game but that spritework is fucking beautiful. Looks like a ton of fun to play too. Maybe I'll grab it for Switch.

That's cool. Probably pick this up at some point but no real rush as even back then this was sort of an average but fun game. It's good they put some extra work into this though.

Unfortunately it's soundtrack can't compare to arcade prequel. Would be cool if they included it as an option or something.

GrayFoxPL

Its 30 for the physical version. Im sure digital will be 15 unless im mistaken.

Don't count too much on it. Wild Guns Reloaded is 20$ and that was even smaller project than this.

I appreciate Natsume for doing this but their prices hold me back.

I got Wild Guns for less than 1/3 of the price and after playing through it I can't imagine paying full price for it. It still felt like an old SNES game +.

Last edited:
I don't normally go for beat em ups, but this looks pretty sweet! Anyone have first-hand experience with how it controls? Responsiveness (or lack thereof) is always the determining factor in these games for me.

GrayFoxPL

I don't normally go for beat em ups, but this looks pretty sweet! Anyone have first-hand experience with how it controls? Responsiveness (or lack thereof) is always the determining factor in these games for me.

This was playable on Tokyo Game Show 2018 and that's probably it. No real impressions afaik.

but this is a remaster++ of an old snes game:

and having played Wild Guns, another snes remaster they did, the controls, responsiveness were very good, no reason to expect anything worse now.

Last edited:
Obviously can't comment on this new release but the original version pretty much controlled like standard SNES beat-em up fare. Responsive enough without delayed inputs or anything like that. Movement speed differed between characters. Game is very linear and simple so you don't really have to worry about 3d movement and attack inputs are basic stuff like YYYY or like YYYY Up+Y. And expect to do a fair bit of crouch walking. :messenger_winking:

This was playable on Tokyo Game Show 2018 and that's probably it. No real impressions afaik.

but this is a remaster++ of an old snes game:

and having played Wild Guns, another snes remaster they did, the controls, responsiveness were very good, no reason to expect anything worse now.

Obviously can't comment on this new release but the original version pretty much controlled like standard SNES beat-em up fare. Responsive enough without delayed inputs or anything like that. Movement speed differed between characters. Game is very linear and simple so you don't really have to worry about 3d movement and attack inputs are basic stuff like YYYY or like YYYY Up+Y. And expect to do a fair bit of crouch walking. :messenger_winking:
This is good to hear. Thanks for the input, both of you. I was surprised to see blocking (in a beat em up?!?) included.

Traianvs

I played it a while ago on my custom SNES mini but I don't remember fighting against enemy kunoichi. Were they removed/censored in the western release?

Top Bottom