• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Too Human pics

SPEA

Agent Icebeezy said:
30fps. I can't play these types of games at that frame rate. Still, what's the deal with the Cabela's bear?
You can't play a dungeon crawler RPG at 30fps?

rune_74

Neo Member
Pterion said:
You're going to find it rough here. People actually criticize your god console, and most of it is legitimate.

Well, if you saw what I was implying, that he doesn't even have a 360 so I questioned his motives for comming in....but hey if you guys are ok with one sided trolling...

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
SPEA said:
You can't play a dungeon crawler RPG at 30fps?

No, apparently he is actually the The Flash, and the world moves at a pace half the speed for him.

Geoff9920

Lots of hate in this thread. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Are they ever going to show more than that one dungeon? It's getting old. Can't wait though, hopefully it'll it mid-summer'ish so I can pick it up after MGS4. :)

Ariexv

TheExodu5 said:
Gameplay videos have clearly shown this game cannot come close to holding a steady 30fps.
Why are you even in this thread? Do you even own a 360? Or just pissed off that all the flops like HS, and Lair are on your console while the 360 gets the AAA titles?

Mifune

Mehmber
TheExodu5 said:
Gameplay videos have clearly shown this game cannot come close to holding a steady 30fps.

What I saw from the Gamespot presentation looked pretty close to 30, actually.

rune_74

Neo Member
TheExodu5 said:

This is because you have travelled to the future and seen what they have done before they release it. I'm right about this aren't I?

TheExodu5

Banned
Ariexv said:
Why are you even in this thread? Do you even own a 360? Or just pissed off that all the flops like HS, and Lair are on your console while the 360 gets the AAA titles?

:lol

For the record, I'm not dissing the game. I love the prospect of an online Diablo like game. I'm just talking about the visuals, which don't look good at all.

rune_74 said:
This is because you have travelled to the future and seen what they have done before they release it. I'm right about this aren't I?

This close to release, I don't except framerate woes to get fixed. I called it with Lair, HS, and Mass Effect. This game won't hold a steady framerate either.

Look at this video, for example:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/30753.html

It's not Oblivion or Mass Effect bad or anything like that, but it's definitely not a very stable framerate.

If MS/SK would start marketing their game more effectively, much of this negativity pile-on could evaporate. It really seems like it could be a pretty good ARPG, but they're certainly not doing a good job of showing that so far. Less of the bombast and more of the visceral, more slick-looking testosterone-filled stuff.

probune

Ariexv said:

What a ridiculous argument.

OK, I own a 360. This game looks like shit, it's always looked like shit, especially in that E3 trailer from last year, and unless they change everything for when the game actually comes out, it will still look like shit.

It LOOKS like shit but it might be very fun if they get the Diablo style of game right.

TheExodu5 said:

Seriously, listen to the latest previews. The 1up guys said this title ran smoother than any unreal title they've seen in it's current state.

Ariexv

MightyHedgehog said:
If MS/SK would start marketing their game more effectively, much of this negativity pile-on could evaporate. It really seems like it could be a pretty good ARPG, but they're certainly not doing a good job of showing that so far. Less of the bombast and more of the visceral, more slick-looking testosterone-filled stuff.
When it gets closer to release if MS expects it to be good they'll market it.... one thing MS is the best at is advertising. Just look @ the last release Lost Odyssey and the advertising campaign it got.

Gameplay sounds hot. Graphically and style wise it kind of looks bad, but if gameplay holds up and they keep the promises, I will be satisfied.

rune_74

Neo Member
probune said:
What a ridiculous argument.

OK, I own a 360. This game looks like shit, it's always looked like shit, especially in that E3 trailer from last year, and unless they change everything for when the game actually comes out, it will still look like shit.

It LOOKS like shit but it might be very fun if they get the Diablo style of game right.

So if I say it looks good then it looks good right? Since you know opinions are you know opinions. Beauty is in the eye of teh beholder I guess, not saying its perfect but hardly shit.

TheExodu5

Banned
Spirit of Jazz said:
Seriously, listen to the latest previews. The 1up guys said this title ran smoother than any unreal title they've seen in it's current state.

Well if that's true then that'd be pretty sweet. It's pretty rare that a dev fixes up the framerate that much in a month and a half's time.

eve241

Looks, looks, looks. I hope none of you consider yourself hardcore gamers.

Maybe it isn't Crysis-good but no one can tell me it looks bad.

Ariexv

Spirit of Jazz said:
^- That and I'm really not seeing how it looks like "shit" it ain't no Uncharted but you can't expect Uncharted lvl graphics with this type of game.

Ark-AMN

Banned
I honestly don't get the hate on the graphics. It looks better than most other games I've seen. At least it does not suffer from the texture loading issues that plague Mass Effect (which can be seen with the latest videos).

And if you want to talk about framerate, come on, this walks all over ME

probune

rune_74 said:
So if I say it looks good then it looks good right? Since you know opinions are you know opinions. Beauty is in the eye of teh beholder I guess, not saying its perfect but hardly shit.

You're trying to tell me that when the guy with the Mass Effect avatar's calling people PS3 fanboys if they think this hideous game looks hideous? :lol

Ark-AMN said:
I honestly don't get the hate on the graphics. It looks better than most other games I've seen. At least it does not suffer from the texture loading issues that plague Mass Effect (which can be seen with the latest videos).

When you're comparing this game to Mass Effect in terms of performance, you're setting the bar too low.

Ariexv said:
When it gets closer to release if MS expects it to be good they'll market it.... one thing MS is the best at is advertising. Just look @ the last release Lost Odyssey and the advertising campaign it got.
Yeah, but this grass roots-y, Charlie Rose-like timidity is honestly inaudible compared to the roaring of hate that surrounds the game in most quarters. It feels very ineffectual.

TheExodu5

Banned
Ariexv said:
^- That and I'm really not seeing how it looks like "shit" it ain't no Uncharted but you can't expect Uncharted lvl graphics with this type of game.

It looks like an early beta build of Unreal Tournament 3 with zero anti aliasing and too much bloom.

Whatever, if this game actually achieves 30fps like the 1up preview says, then it doesn't matter all that much anyways. It's been a really long time since we've seen a Diablo 2 like experience online (since well uhh...Diablo 2), so this game has a lot of promise there.

Ariexv

MightyHedgehog said:
Yeah, but this grass roots-y, Charlie Rose-like timidity is honestly inaudible compared to the roaring of hate that surrounds the game in most quarters. It feels very ineffectual.
A couple good reviews around release will turn that around.

rune_74

Neo Member
probune said:
You're trying to tell me that when the guy with the Mass Effect avatar's calling people PS3 fanboys if they think this hideous game looks hideous? :lol

When you're comparing this game to Mass Effect in terms of performance, you're setting the bar too low.

I honestly think he's not far off when you look at some of the posters in this thread and their history.

Mifune

Mehmber
TheExodu5 said:
Well if that's true then that'd be pretty sweet. It's pretty rare that a dev fixes up the framerate that much in a month and a half's time.

I kinda don't think this is coming out until August. I say that based on the Microsoft sized hole in their release calendar for that month.

probune

Spirit of Jazz said:

Isn't it on a proprietary engine now because of the lawsuit?

Ark-AMN said:

Mass effect had crap looking combat so doese this it seems. Animation looks horrible in gameplay movies. Action RPGS are allowed to have good animation and graphics you know

cryptic

The first picture look's fine although the second has some weird gray palette that doesn't complement the glowing bear and flying robots.

probune said:
Isn't it on a proprietary engine now because of the lawsuit?

The lawsuit is because they modified the U3 engine so drastically for this game (I'm guessing to get it running at a decent frame rate with so many enemies on screen at a time) that they decided to use it on another one whilst trying to skip any epic royalties because of it. The Lawsuit has nothing to do with Too Human.

probune

Spirit of Jazz said:
The lawsuit is because they modified the U3 engine so drastically for this game (I'm guessing to get it running at a decent frame rate with so many enemies on screen at a time) that they decided to use it on another one whilst trying to skip any epic royalties because of it. The Lawsuit has nothing to do with Too Human.

I thought the lawsuit was about how Epic didn't provide adequate support for UE3 so Silicon Knights was forced to scrap the engine and basically write it themselves.

Kabuki Waq said:
Mass effect had crap looking combat so doese this it seems. Animation looks horrible in gameplay movies. Action RPGS are allowed to have good animation and graphics you know

Action RPGs also all tend to have terrible combat... the reason why the animation's so difficult here is because of how the combat works, it's not as that they simply need to animate linier moves and combos. That said their action direction is also terrible, look at the Gendel scene for reference ;)

probune said:
I thought the lawsuit was about how Epic didn't provide adequate support for UE3 so Silicon Knights was forced to scrap the engine and basically write it themselves.

Ahhh, you're right, my mistake. I believe that was the original suit and then Epic launched the counter one.

soldat7

You should not be allowed to say that Too Human LOOKS bad if you also believe that Gears of War LOOKS good. Surely there is a Newtonian Law that prevents that sort of bias.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
My most awaited game.
TheExodu5 said:
It looks like an early beta build of Unreal Tournament 3 with zero anti aliasing and too much bloom.

Whatever, if this game actually achieves 30fps like the 1up preview says, then it doesn't matter all that much anyways. It's been a really long time since we've seen a Diablo 2 like experience online (since well uhh...Diablo 2), so this game has a lot of promise there.
It has 4XAA and it runs at native 720p, something that no UE3 title has achieved yet on consoles. That you cannot notice it has something to do with your eyes.

Dunlop

rune_74 said:
I honestly think he's not far off when you look at some of the posters in this thread and their history.

You'll get a lot of that. There should be a rule where you have to shut the fuck up about a console exclusive if you do not own said console.

Can't say I'm interested in this game ATM (that's what demos are for), but to call it shit is stupid

Xamdou

Game looks alright, should look much better in motion and what better way to show it off by releasing a demo asap? ;O

soldat7 said:
You should not be allowed to say that Too Human LOOKS bad if you also believe that Gears of War LOOKS good. Surely there is a Newtonian Law that prevents that sort of bias.

Not really a fair point, Gears looks better in most elements. That said the Gears team had to create far less assets than the Too Human guys.

I think the only game will disappointed me visually is if all of the screen we've seen aren't all from the same chapter. With the massive variety of weapons and armor they've crafted I'd be disappointed if we don't see the same range in level and enemy design.

godhandiscen said:
My most awaited game.

It has 4XAA and it runs at native 720p, something that no UE3 title has achieved yet on consoles. That you cannot notice it has something to do with your eyes.

The IGN pic compression really doesn't help on that front.

Ariexv

godhandiscen said:
My most awaited game.

It's only shit because it's a 360 exclusive! Don't you remember last year how Mass Effect was "shit" and everyone(that didn't have a 360) thought it was going to flop?

TheExodu5

Banned
godhandiscen said:
My most awaited game.

Those screenshots have ZERO AA. Look at the jaggies: there is absolutely no color degradation around the edges...this is a sign of NO anti-aliasing being applied.

Ariexv said:
It's only shit because it's a 360 exclusive! Don't you remember last year how Mass Effect was "shit" and everyone(that didn't have a 360) thought it was going to flop?

You're the only one who's that paranoid here. No one said Mass Effect was shit. I'm buying it when it comes out on the PC next month.

probune

soldat7 said:

They look nothing alike. One has retarded looking robots and the other has meatheads with giant guns.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
TheExodu5 said:
Those screenshots have ZERO AA. Look at the jaggies: there is absolutely no color degradation around the edges...this is a sign of NO anti-aliasing being applied.

You're the only one who's that paranoid here. No one said Mass Effect was shit. I'm buying it when it comes out on the PC next month.
Those screenshots are not the bullshots you are used to see from other devs. You cannot recognize the AA because you are too used to bullshots, but the game has been countless of times confirmed to be running at native 720p with 4xAA ever since GDC.

Top Bottom