• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Toukiden 2 details. [Update: Screenshots]

EGOMON

I had to leave country to stop playing Toukiden Kiwami so damn addicting I spent hundreds and hundreds of hours farming gears and armors.
I liked everything about it better than Mh itself they just need to give it a good budget and it will be perfect

Rymuth

Normally, I'd urge people to pick the first entry but since this is starting with a new hero and a new location, I guess it's as good as an entry point as any.

Would still recommend Kiwami, tho'

screenshots

toukiden2_160203-1.jpg

toukiden2_160203-2.jpg

toukiden2_160203-3.jpg

toukiden2_160203-4.jpg

Running around with a dual dagger build is gonna be so good.

It looks glorious. I feel I'm going to spend hundred of hours exploring that forest and all the environments in this game. I hope that Vita version looks as good as in the first one - Omega Force are great on making great looking Vita games.

Dinda

Looks fantastic!
I said after playing the first game on Vita that i would really love for Tecmo-Koei to make a real JRPG with the artstyle and combat system of Toukiden.
When i heard that 2 will be open world, i already hoped that it might go a bit more in that direction. Those screenshots further fuel my hype.

I'm pretty sure that it will still be a Hunting game at heart, but i hope they do add a lot of typical RPG stuff (Quests, a bit more story etc...)

I'm hyped.

crinale

I can't wait to see more, i'm not really a fan of the genre(even if i have played and finished some games) but i like how it looks.

Toukiden Kiwami on vita looked like this(in-game):
article_post_width_toukiden1.png

this(bullshot)
toukiden2_160203-4.jpg

obviously looks better but if on vita graphics will be similar to Kiwami i really don't see the problem

it's not unrealistic to think that those screens are ps4 shot , not vita shots.
the leap Vita / PS4 was already obvious with kiwami , you only have to imagine the gap between the 2 version to be bigger.

Looks fantastic!
I said after playing the first game on Vita that i would really love for Tecmo-Koei to make a real JRPG with the artstyle and combat system of Toukiden.

I am definitely of the opinion that Toukiden doesn't get the credit it deserves for its art. Both the character and environment art was just so good.

maouvin

Really hoping they nail the open world thing on the Vita version. Not that it'll push more devs to do open world games, but I'd be happy to see it working handsomely.

Also, the new NPC girls are cute~

It's more than Kusarigama.. you can drag down monsters too. Also this allows you to vanish the ghost body parts for good.

"Vanish for good" = break and purify at once? Or is it something new?

crinale

Really hoping they nail the open world thing on the Vita version. Not that it'll push more devs to do open world games, but I'd be happy to see it working handsomely.

Also, the new NPC girls are cute~

"Vanish for good" = break and purify at once? Or is it something new?
Ghostly parts after purification can be removed completely, so if you remove legs for good boss won't be able to walk anymore.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
it's not unrealistic to think that those screens are ps4 shot , not vita shots.
the leap Vita / PS4 was already obvious with kiwami , you only have to imagine the gap between the 2 version to be bigger.

I meant a ps4 bullshot, the first toukiden on vita had some bullshot, so i wouldn't be surprised if these screens are bullshots too.

Ghostly parts after purification can be removed completely, so if you remove legs for good boss won't be able to walk anymore.

This could awesome if done well, and really add to the dynamism of the fights.

Sounds like KT are getting really ambitious with the game, which makes me all warm and tingly.

Bosses already get kind of easy once parts start breaking

Every battle starts off like climbing a hill until the first piece gets knocked off then its a damn bloodbath lol

Fucking love Toukiden

impact

Banned
I'm hoping they don't lock Mitama leveling behind single player campaign in a genre made for multiplayer (AGAIN)

Also hoping they make the game harder. Playing with a friend or two means you're never, ever in danger of failing a mission. I need some Monster Hunter difficulty tbh or else it just gets boring.

Jarate

Banned
2 things to take away from this

1) Open world Tecmo Koei games means we're gonna be getting open world Dynasty Warriors soon

2) Also, this'll probably be the first open world hunting game like this? Can't really remember another that was open world

Vex_

Banned
Will it still have online co-op? If so, I'm insanely hyped. If not, I'm moderately interested.

If it doesn't I won't buy it. I'm pretty sure it should tho. It would be a death sentence if it didnt t. They might as well not even release over here in the west.

Will buy as soon as it's released over here.

Is the PC port for Kiwami really that terrible?

I played Toukiden on my Vita and really liked it. Maybe I should just buy two copies of Kiwami for PS4 for my son and I to play together. What extra content was there over Toukiden?

Rymuth

img02_07.jpg

So that's the new weapon, huh.

I think I see a blade on the inside of the shield, possibly a circle button special attack?

I played Toukiden on my Vita and really liked it. Maybe I should just buy two copies of Kiwami for PS4 for my son and I to play together. What extra content was there over Toukiden?
It's essentially the base game with an expansion.

3 new chapters ~ Chapters 1-8 cover 'The Age o Demons' storyline and chapters 9-11 cover the 'Kiwami' storyline. There's also a chapter after that but it's more like an endless mode.

3 new weapons (rifle, spiked club, naginata*)

and a lot more armor sets.

CamHostage

Looks great! (And it's funny that somebody posted Omega Force's Attack on Titan game as an example of what it could look like because it sure does look like this is using that variant of their toolbox, with different shading/texturing. Toukiden 2's teaser trailer seems to indicate that Gwen might even have some grapplehook-like ability similar to maneuver gear, and the Hero is seen in screens vaulting above the treetops. The Vita version of AoT appeared to run just fine in the C3 2016 show clip, so hopefully the same goes for Toukiden 2 and they manage to keep graphic detail/draw distance high for the portable version.)

I didn't get into the first Toukiden much (played the PSP demo, of all things, but didn't buy the Vita game,) but I'm glad for its success and I may well get sucked into the sequel. It sounds quite ambitious, and the engine they're using seems plenty capable of wowwing on PS4 even if it's got to share with the lesser Vita and PS3 hardware. Looking forward to a trailer sometime down the line.

Ogawa-san

It's exactly like the PS4 version, locked framerate and all. For most people that means it's an unplayable, downright broken port.

PC doesn't have cross-play like PS4 and Vita do, though.

Looking real good,I would normally go for a PC version,but as they screwed the original port on Steam I'll jump in on Ps4.Can't wait

Some Nobody

This looks so good but I'm gonna have to see how it plays. These sorts of games are devoid of plot AFAIK, so if it doesn't feel fun it won't be worth the money.

Still, it does look as if they put a lot of work into it.

Toukiden-2_2016_02-04-16_032.jpg_600.jpg

Very steampunky but I guess I shouldn't be surprised, given how time works in the series.

A marionette made by Hakase. The soul of a human is sealed within it. It looks cute on the outside, but is brave on the inside. As an older brother-like character, he pulls along the other Slayers around him. No one is better than him at using a gun.

Really cool. I love the character designs. I hope the cutscenes will look great like the first games.

Top Bottom