• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Uncharted 2 INFO-- GI

Guled

Ether_Snake said:
Maybe some of it fake? But that "pull people off ledges" thing is probably 100% fake, as well as the "climb lamp posts" thing.

Wait till someone here gets the magazine.
why is it 100% fake, there magazine is out there so the info is most likely correct. Just because splinter cell did it dosn't mean that Uncharted cant

womfalcs3

Banned
Elena would have to be in the game... they can't just end their relationship with a the near-kiss in the first one. (I'm expecting her to be in any case.)

Raistlin

NeoZylom said:
About the %, Guerilla said they were using 60% of the SPU (If I remember well)... So I don't think Naughty Dog will use 100% ...

I wouldn't bet against Naughty Dog.

Note, claiming you are using close to 100% of a system's 'power', does not equal tapping out the system. There are always things that can be optimized, new approaches that can be taken.

Related to this, such statements are typically referring to peak usage.

Also note, such statements aren't just dev BS (though some certainly do make such statements). There are performance analyzers that can quantify such things. As with anything, the context must be understood. Regardless, ND is not the team to take such statements lightly.

Dante

I REALLY hope they do a LE this time with some maps and shit :D. That one they sent out to the press last time was sweet.

Raistlin

adg1034 said:
Firefly+front.jpg
!!!

*wipes away tear*

sprocket

Banned
you notice these percents are just off the top of their heads. They do not actually sit dont and calculate these things for days. :/ I do not know why you guys pays such attention to meaningless banter.

Teknoman

The score is being composed by Greg Edmonson (same guy from the first one).

Whoo! Uncharted had a great soundtrack.

Das-J

Law of the West
HELL YES... just got home and cruised through the article. I must say I'm VERY excited for this game now and the screens look killer!

Naughty Dog :bow:

Raistlin

sprocket said:
you notice these percents are just off the top of their heads. They do not actually sit dont and calculate these things for days. :/ I do not know why you guys pays such attention to meaningless banter.

They don't have to, there are tools for it.

gcubed

Das-J said:
HELL YES... just got home and cruised through the article. I must say I'm VERY excited for this game now and the screens look killer!

Naughty Dog :bow:

does it mention anything about the pulling people off ledges, that will settle an argument

sprocket

Banned
gluv65 said:
I thought with the edge tools they could see the percentages while optimizing?

to have a percentage you have to have an end point. with hardware there is no real way to see the end point. So you have to make one using benchmarks. But its not a set thing. It can increase with better techniques.

SO again its really useless. even if there is some benchmarking tool.

Truespeed

Dirtbag said:
Or an article from Gamefaqs...

Christophe Balestra provided the 30% usage figure and stated their next project would use significantly more. Considering what they were able to do with their first game, I believe him. BTW, the 100% is peak, not sustained. Nothing is 100% sustainable because there's no need for it.

Madman

Loudninja said:
Yeah might as well, for some reason people cant read passed that.
Well, looks like it's too late now. Maybe the full reveal thread will have some decent discussion and not just inane rabbling.

beast786 said:
- They mentioned they were using only 30% of the PS3's power with Drake's Fortune and are planning to use nearly 100% with Among Thieves.

If they don't use the extra 70% to turn on vsync they can get stuffed.

smik

i love Uncharted!

hopefully they will add multiplayer Teamdeath match mode as a addition, small maps with cover generating close intimate gameplay with all of uncharted's great weapons could be alot of fun.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
beast786 said:
- The Sixaxis mechanics were ditched for such things as throwing grenades.

hallelujah

- They mentioned they were using only 30% of the PS3's power with Drake's Fortune and are planning to use nearly 100% with Among Thieves.

probably meaningless, but fapping anwyay

- If there is an enemy patrolling a rooftop you're climbing a wall to, you can pull him off the roof while hanging on the wall.

I actually kind of want a mulitplayer mode now so I can do that to people.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Does anyone here actually have the issue yet?
They made a huge mistake by listing Killzone 2 in there for PC/Xbox 360 as well :lol

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I hope it's an indepdent story. I missed the first one and now figure I'd go straight into this one, but I hate starting a series after the origin story. Here's hoping its standalone and serial.

beast786 said:
- Melee combat is more dynamic now.
- The Sixaxis mechanics were ditched for such things as throwing grenades.
- Button sequence cinematics such as the final boss have changed so now Drake is now fully controllable in these parts...I think (This one's also hard to describe).
THANK YOU GOD.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Kagari said:
Does anyone here actually have the issue yet?
They made a huge mistake by listing Killzone 2 in there for PC/Xbox 360 as well :lol

Gameinformer did? Seriously?? Awesome:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol Killzone 2 is now on 360 by gameinformer. Well it was going to happen sooner than later, Sony porting games to the 360.

If this is better looking than the original I'll have to go through some kind of Optical Boot Camp because my eyes wouldn't be able to comprehend it.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
John Harker said:
I hope it's an indepdent story. I missed the first one and now figure I'd go straight into this one, but I hate starting a series after the origin story. Here's hoping its standalone and serial.
Uncharted 1 is excellent and 2 won't be out for at least a year. You could probably get away with not playing the first but I highly recommend it.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
John Harker said:

Like the Indiana Jones series, Uncharted could have a different girl, cast in each game. No need to play the past games for the story.

Shapingo

Holy Shit at the scans! Drake in front of the burning building with a revolver looks incredible. The Textures inside the Building look great too.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
neojubei said:
Gameinformer did? Seriously?? Awesome:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol Killzone 2 is now on 360 by gameinformer. Well it was going to happen sooner than later, Sony porting games to the 360.

XD I believe in one of the past issues they also listed MotorStorm 2 for 360 lol.

Top Bottom