• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Uncharted 4 CG trailer

Memento

That's a great news. I like this bit a lot, so I hope that a part of the soundtrack shares a similar tone.

I guess it's time to listen to some Uncharted soundtrack.

Yeah, I was kind of sad when they announced another composer for UC4, but I gotta admitt, I am loving what I am hearing so far!

Ugh. Fair enough I guess :p

8k likes and a shit ton of views down the drain. Same as the story trailer which lost a bunch of views when they had to reupload

Sony should be more carefull with these stuff. The Story trailer had like 40k likes and they had to change it. They do that all the time actually. Must drive the marketing guys crazy. Its their fault though.

that boat sequence in game will be crazy

Oh man, now I am creating the sequence in my mind.

zsynqx

Yeah, I was kind of sad when they announced another composer for UC4, but I gotta admitt, I am loving what I am hearing so far!

Sony should be more carefull with these stuff. The Story trailer had like 40k likes and they had to change it. They do that all the time actually. Must drive the marketing guys crazy. Its their fault though.

Oh man, now I am creating the sequence in my mind.
Yup. The assassins creed stuff is unferstanderble but the 31 second thing is Sony being shit

I figured it out guys. Naughty Dog will give us 2 options which will be Heads or Tails. Heads(save Sam), Tails(Save Elena).

Yeah, I'm pretty crazy for making this wild theory up.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
This is the first game that really looks "next gen" to me. Can't believe it took devs 2.5 years to finally get there.

Memento

Ah okay. I guess I'll skip it. Thanks.

Did you watch the E3 2015 extended demo? If you did you should probably feel no remorse watching it.

There is one sequence in which we have never seen in any capacity/media though. If all the scenes from it mimicks something from the game, then I suppose it spoils a setpiece.

I figured it out guys. Naughty Dog will give us 2 options which will be Heads or Tails. Heads(save Sam), Tails(Save Elena).

Yeah, I'm pretty crazy for making this wild theory up.

Who would choose to save Sam instead of Elena? I have enough faith in humanity to believe no one would do that, so that makes it a pretty stupid option to give to the player.

Did you watch the E3 2015 extended demo? If you did you should probably feel no remorse watching it.

There is one sequence in which we have never seen in any capacity/media though. If all the scenes from it mimicks something from the game, then I suppose it spoils a setpiece.

Who would choose to save Sam instead of Elena? I have enough faith in humanity to believe no one would do that, so that makes it a pretty stupid option to give to the player.

Or even better save Sam or go home to Elena, but you save Sam you break up with Elena basically she leaves you for continuing on this dangerous lifestyle. If you don't save him he dies.
giphy.gif

What, no. I distinctly remember press on floor asking if the Killzone trailer was in-game and he was sweating (because convention), rocked back and forth a few degrees, smiled - and said "it's realtime".

At least following the conference the only reply they gave was "it's realtime".

I remember the same day someone on here reported that VFX studio that made the trailer said it was CG - and a professional CG artist pointed out errors in the visuals that proved it was a CG cutscene and everyone denied it and clung onto the claim that it wasn't CG.

Everyone wanted to Believe™.

Yeah, the things people cling on to.

Didn't watch it, but why would they want to make a cg trailer for the graphically best game ever made?

I am also confused about this as well. With thr graphics as its primary selling point, you would think CG promotions would be effectively numlified. The game being as good as it is should be enough.

DieH@rd

Banned
This is the first game that really looks "next gen" to me. Can't believe it took devs 2.5 years to finally get there.

Second Son was that for me. It looked utterly amazing just few months after the launch of the PS4 [all realtime, no photo mode, shots taken at the launch of the game]:

And that was just the start, there were games after that that looked even better. :D

kpaadet

Ugh. Fair enough I guess :p

8k likes and a shit ton of views down the drain. Same as the story trailer which lost a bunch of views when they had to reupload
Why do you care? Have you worked out a deal with Sony to get some of their youtube money?

zsynqx

Btw I've seen a couple of people on twitter saying the music in the trailer is not from the game.

Why do you care? Have you worked out a deal with Sony to get some of their youtube money?

I want the game to do well as a big Naughty Dog fan. I'm not that bothered and it's obviously not that big of a deal.

Sorry if I overreacted

My thoughts. As much as I like Edmonson's work, I'm convinced that Jackman's addition is a great refreshment. Now, just announce that the Heads or Tails is a part of this game's soundtrack and I'll worship it.

Second Son was that for me. It looked utterly amazing just few months after the launch of the PS4 [all realtime, no photo mode, shots taken at the launch of the game]:

13222662355_b585bc8b52_o.png
13222831183_dfdce9ab1d_o.png

1979980_10203498015870178_423492777_o.jpg
13225415184_d3903879e8_o.png

I'm still amazed by how good the first few hours look. The rest of the game looks great, but the discovery is really what struck me the most. Speaking of which, Second Son has the most pleasant TOD [ 1 | 2 | 3 ] I have seen in a game.

Gurish

You know, I'm not sure we are that far from that CGI trailer, if you compare it to the cut-scenes visuals in U4, some of them are pretty comparable.

Gameplay obviously might be a long way to get there, though I expect PS5's gameplay to be pretty close.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Nah. I'm just drunk and angry for some reason. :p

Never drink and post, friends.

And that was just the start, there were games after that that looked even better. :D

Goodness this still looks fantastic. I have yet to pick it up. Need to get on that I think, lol.

mejin

Sucker Punch did an amazing job. From the original game to Second Son the evolution is crazy.

Can't wait to see their next game.

hesido

Video game publishers, stop being fucking cheap. Just add in a second disk and let us install from it without the need for massive downloads.

Yeah, put it on a dvd or something if you (the publisher) are fishing for cents. How big will be the MP download? Hope it's not bigger than a DVD.

Chao

Imagine if those rumors of a PS4K are true.

Another 2.5 years of testing the new hardware while we play ps4 remasters in 4k?
This should be the norm since the ps4 originally released, not the exception.

Yeah I know, entitled gamers and all that

PS4K will be a PS4 with 4K video. And if they want, devs (mostly indies) can make games in 4K for it, I guess. The Jaguar APU will stay the same.

In order to play today's 1080p PS4 games at 4K and the same framerate, you'd need a GPU roughly equivalent to a Fury X, which right now is top-tier, plus a better CPU (CPU and resolution load don't scale linearly, but they do scale).

That would likely mean a Polaris+Zen APU in order for it all to fit in a sub-250W TDP. A Polaris GPU with Fury X perf would likely be considered mid-high end, just like PS360 GPUs were at the time, which would mean you can bet your ass the console wouldn't cost $399. And neither Sony nor Microsoft are willing to bleed themselves selling hardware this time.

"But what if the PS4K cost Five Hundred Ninety Nine US Dollars? You can just buy the regular PS4 instead!"

The problem is that Sony's most likely making a new version of the PS4 in order to promote the 4K standard. Current PS4 hardware can already almost handle 4K content; all it needs is a HDMI controller refresh and probably some new encoding/anti-piracy chip, whatever.

Why would Sony make their standard-promoting product more expensive than it needs to be? It makes no sense unless Sony really wanted 4K gaming and 4K video was just a bonus, which is something I find hard to believe since they're comfortably leading this gen. You'll get your PS4 games in 4K - The PS5 is almost guaranteed to have backwards compatibility, after all, and patching in 4K would be pretty easy for most games.

Putty

PS4K will be a PS4 with 4K video. And if they want, devs (mostly indies) can make games in 4K for it, I guess. The Jaguar APU will stay the same.

In order to play today's 1080p PS4 games at 4K and the same framerate, you'd need a GPU roughly equivalent to a Fury X, which right now is top-tier, plus a better CPU (CPU and resolution load don't scale linearly, but they do scale).

That would likely mean a Polaris+Zen APU in order for it all to fit in a sub-250W TDP. A Polaris GPU with Fury X perf would likely be considered mid-high end, just like PS360 GPUs were at the time, which would mean you can bet your ass the console wouldn't cost $399. And neither Sony nor Microsoft are willing to bleed themselves selling hardware this time.

"But what if the PS4K cost Five Hundred Ninety Nine US Dollars? You can just buy the regular PS4 instead!"

The problem is that Sony's most likely making a new version of the PS4 in order to promote the 4K standard. Current PS4 hardware can already almost handle 4K content; all it needs is a HDMI controller refresh and probably some new encoding/anti-piracy chip, whatever.

Why would Sony make their standard-promoting product more expensive than it needs to be? It makes no sense unless Sony really wanted 4K gaming and 4K video was just a bonus, which is something I find hard to believe since they're comfortably leading this gen. You'll get your PS4 games in 4K - The PS5 is almost guaranteed to have backwards compatibility, after all, and patching in 4K would be pretty easy for most games.

Uncharted 4 though eh!

Top Bottom