• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Uncharted 4 CG trailer

Memento

nd games are normally "comparatively cheap". I think their budgets run around 20-30 mil iirc.

I guess marketing budget will really dominate.

Yeah, I know. But this one has had some internal problems and supposedly went through a big revamp after Amy left. It is also much bigger in scope than all prior ND games.

Is that boat scene CGI or in-game?

Everything is CGI.

Conduit

Banned
CG but it is surely based on a section of the game like the other scenes are.

Hm... I don't know. But water effects ( foam ) are the same like in this one :

Uncharted4blueocean.gif

Ishida

Banned
Hm... I don't know. But water effects ( foam ) are the same like in this one :

Uncharted4blueocean.gif

All of the trailer was CGI.

Uncharted 4 is the best-looking console game so far, but that CGI trailer still looks quite better than the real-time rendered graphics of the game.

XAL

Man, I'm not usually hyped about Uncharted, but Nate looks so damn handsome I want this game.

Those graphics are so good.

Wait... is it CG then? I thought they said in an interview it would be all realtime.

When asked if it's going to be in-game and Sony replies "it's gonna be realtime".

It's fucking CG.

Also the music in that trailer is kaka.

Memento

When asked if it's going to be in-game and Sony replies "it's gonna be realtime".

It's fucking CG.

Also the music in that trailer is kaka.

What are you talking about? The game is full in game.

This is just a commercial made for marketing purposes. It was not even made by Naughty Dog.

PS: What is kaka? Serious question.

XAL

What are you talking about? The game is full in game.

This is just a commercial made for marketing purposes. It was not even made by Naughty Dog.

PS: What is kaka? Serious question.

My statement was in reference to Sony's deception at the PS3 Killzone E3 trailer when they were asked by media "is that gameplay running on a PS3?" their response was "it's realtime".

Which was deceptive, because the thing was fucking CG trailer played on a PS3 but they wouldn't admit it clearly. It resulted in a shitstorm of people saying the XB360 was garbage and the PS3 would blow it out of the water because they were holding actual playable gen 1 360 games against a CG trailer that they fooled themselves into thinking was gameplay. The media swallowed the kool-aid and no one really admitted they were duped.

So when I hear someone just say "realtime" and not specify anything as an answer to a question regarding footage that looks so good they question if it's real, I laugh and immediately call bullshit.

kaka caca = poop

pretty trailer tho

No idea why they would pay for a CG trailer, the in-game rendering for cutscenes looks more than good enough for promos.

jett

D-Member
I saw a different trailer when I watched BvS here. It was all in-game footage, mostly made up of stuff from the latest UC4 trailer.

Memento

Caca is child speak for poop in Spanish.

Ohhh, we have this term in portuguese too. I would never think about it though, because the music is awesome IMO.

My statement was in reference to Sony's deception at the PS3 Killzone E3 trailer when they were asked by media "is that gameplay running on a PS3?" their response was "it's realtime".

Which was deceptive, because the thing was fucking CG trailer played on a PS3 but they wouldn't admit it clearly. It resulted in a shitstorm of people saying the XB360 was garbage and the PS3 would blow it out of the water because they were holding actual playable gen 1 360 games against a CG trailer that they fooled themselves into thinking was gameplay. The media swallowed the kool-aid and no one really admitted they were duped.

So when I hear someone just say "realtime" and not specify anything as an answer to a question regarding footage that looks so good they question if it's real, I laugh and immediately call bullshit.

kaka caca = poop

pretty trailer tho

No idea why they would pay for a CG trailer, the in-game rendering for cutscenes looks more than good enough for promos.

Oh, I am sorry then. I thought you were talking about UC4. My bad.

About the kaka, for each their own I guess. I actually want it to be from the game OST because I loved it!

I actually want it to be from the game OST because I loved it!

I really hope so ! It doesn't seem like it's a soundtrack from a group like Two Steps From Hell [E3], so there's hope I guess. I'm not sure about the theme used for the Story Trailer though.

Any confirmation from Arne or Neil yet ?

Memento

I really hope so ! It doesn't look like it's a soundtrack from a group like Two Steps From Hell [E3], so there's hope I guess. I'm not sure about the theme used for the Story Trailer though.

Any confirmation from Arne or Neil yet ?

No confirmation yet :/

The one from the Story Trailer is definitely from the OST though, because it blends with Nate's Theme 4.0 in the end!

Trojan X

Banned
On a serious note, I really want to learn how to create graphics like that. What spec machine and programs do I need to create this madness? Where can I truly learn to make something like this and graphics like Ridge Racer? I wanna know.

Ricky_R

According to a buddy of mine, who's in the know, they uploaded the video again because of the first scene where he's on the floor.

Take it with a grain of salt...
His fly was open.

Servbot24

Banned
On a serious note, I really want to learn how to create graphics like that. What spec machine and programs do I need to create this madness? Where can I truly learn to make something like this and graphics like Ridge Racer? I wanna know.

You can make character models like that with ZBrush, Maya, Substance, etc... generally takes a whole team to make full CGI animations like that though

Raist

Banned

I still want to know the story behind this. Tretton mentions "Ted". So he's not talking about KZ2 but the Resistance footage.

Ishida

Banned
I still want to know the story behind this. Tretton mentions "Ted". So he's not talking about KZ2 but the Resistance footage.

I think this was very well known, but some people still want to hold on to that "Sony claimed Killzone 2's trailer was real time!" bullshit.

Tretton was clearly speaking about Resistance. It was a misunderstanding.

XAL

I think this was very well known, but some people still want to hold on to that "Sony claimed Killzone 2's trailer was real time!" bullshit.

Tretton was clearly speaking about Resistance. It was a misunderstanding.

What, no. I distinctly remember press on floor asking if the Killzone trailer was in-game and he was sweating (because convention), rocked back and forth a few degrees, smiled - and said "it's realtime".

At least following the conference the only reply they gave was "it's realtime".

I remember the same day someone on here reported that VFX studio that made the trailer said it was CG - and a professional CG artist pointed out errors in the visuals that proved it was a CG cutscene and everyone denied it and clung onto the claim that it wasn't CG.

Everyone wanted to Believe™.

Gono

Banned
The reason they re-uploaded the trailer video is because the other video was 31 seconds they wanted the video to be 30 seconds so they can advertise it.

Elitist1945

Found this theme on YouTube and while I doubt its official I actually quite like it either way.

EDIT: YouTube comments summed up my beliefs, still a really good fan theme though.

zsynqx

The reason they re-uploaded the trailer video is because the other video was 31 seconds they wanted the video to be 30 seconds so they can advertise it.

Ugh. Fair enough I guess :p

8k likes and a shit ton of views down the drain. Same as the story trailer which lost a bunch of views when they had to reupload

What, no. I distinctly remember press on floor asking if the Killzone trailer was in-game and he was sweating (because convention), rocked back and forth a few degrees, smiled - and said "it's realtime".

At least following the conference the only reply they gave was "it's realtime".

I remember the same day someone on here reported that VFX studio that made the trailer said it was CG - and a professional CG artist pointed out errors in the visuals that proved it was a CG cutscene and everyone denied it and clung onto the claim that it wasn't CG.

Everyone wanted to Believe™.

10. Fucking. Years.

Awesome It played in the theater I saw Batman V Superman here in Hawaii which I wasn't expecting since the only video game ad I ever seen in a theater was for AC3.

Top Bottom