• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Uncharted 4 CG trailer

Not a huge fan of the gunplay in the Uncharted series, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited.

I really want to see how the story ends.

Alienous

Not a huge fan of the gunplay in the Uncharted series, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited.

I really want to see how the story ends.

Did you play the MP Beta or Weekend?

It's among the best playing third-person shooters, and I'd expect Uncharted 4 will maintain that even at 30fps.

Elios83

Very cool trailer, visually and conceptually. Looking on a smaller screen it doesn't look too different from the game itself tbh, primarily because the game already has stupidly high level of animation quality, and the visual style is very similar, but it has nice extra layer of CG sheen and depth to it.

There's one scene in the trailer that felt spoilerific. Potentially significantly so, but again the continuation of that scene can play out in many ways.

They seem to have redone the scenes in CG, which makes me think the above spoiler is actually in the game.

I don't see particular differences compared to the real time trailers.
The only clearly CG scenes are those with fire at the beginning and the end.
The rest is probably polished up (not noticeably) real time footage, including the new amazing scene with the cabin cruisers.

LOL. Is that a new MGS game from Konami?

'Drake ... Drake ... DRAAAKE.'
no haha what I meant was that, in the sections where Nathan is alone the second player would just be another him. Like in the competitive multiplayer where you can just have a bunch of Nathans running around. And then when you get back to the sections of the game where he has a companion, the second player would become him/her again.
Because it wouldn't be as simple as that, I imagine. You would have to program additionally for two fully controlled characters on screen. They would have to optimize the whole campaign for it as well. I don't know... Seems like a whole lot of work for a campaign that isn't desined with coop in mind.

They're better off creating something smaller for coop, which is what they've done so far.
There are tons of a sparse amount of games that do drop in drop out splitscreen coop and it works fine. ND is constantly hailed as the best devs in the business, so if they wish to do so, I don't think it should be a problem. Yes the graphics wouldn't be as good but I wouldn't care; unless the fact that splitscreen is in the game would affect the single player, but I don't see why that'd be the case.
Uncharted is a story driven game and having an imaginary friend along the way who also impacts the world would break the experience for me.
That's why it'd be just an option, and non-canonical technically because as I was talking above there would be two Nathans in those sections. Seriously though, I don't know why the inclusion of this would hinder your experience.

Like, by that logic the fact that there's multiplayer in this game doesn't bother you too? Multiplayer with the actual characters from the game instead of generic character models?

Letting another player control an ally character would be equally problematic. Imagine the giraffe sequence playing out if your friend was controlling Ellie. It just wouldn't work.
I honestly don't see why. I think tlou would've been a great game to have splitscreen campaign and if tlour had that option I might've even bought it day 1.

Resistance 3 is a shooter (a great one btw), nothing more, so allowing another player to be there with you works. Naughty Dog games are just not that simple
you're implying Uc4 is more than just a shooter, to which I would agree, it's also technically a platformer, and that's all the more reason why playing through the game with your friend on a couch would be a whole lotta fun.

I don't know what most people like about the gameplay in uncharted, I'm guessing it's the shooting, but to me it's always felt excessive and eventually annoying...my favorite parts of the game has always been the platforming

bombshell

Single player is 48 gigs? Oh my lord, May 10th can't come any sooner!

People are just straight converting bytes to gigabytes, which is incorrect.

It's 45.38GB. It even says as much in the bottom of the image.

Cd3n6sNUYAAovIv.jpg

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Story looks good, as always.

In other news

wl5NKez.png

That makes me think that we have the real explanation for the most recent delay right there. The single player game may be gold, sure, and it fits in with Ratchet & Clank reboot and the movie to move to May, but this is a probable reason too.

fake edit: Wait, Single player is over 45 GB? holy crap, nevermind. Back to my avoiding release conflict theory. Of course multiplayer can't fit on the disc.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
The rest is probably polished up (not noticeably) real time footage, including the new amazing scene with the cabin cruisers.
Take a look at the picture at the first page. It's like the scenes play out kind of the same in this trailer, but they don't look entirely the same stylistically and in terms of rendering.

lol, wot. This is an insult to the team that produced this trailer. Real time U4 doesn't look close to CG, nothing does.

zsynqx

Like, by that logic the fact that there's multiplayer in this game doesn't bother you too? Multiplayer with the actual characters from the game instead of generic character models?

I honestly don't see why. I think tlou would've been a great game to have splitscreen campaign and if tlour had that option I might've even bought it day 1.

Multiplayer is so far removed from the campaign that I really don't care if the characters are used in that mode.

you're implying Uc4 is more than just a shooter, to which I would agree, it's also technically a platformer, and that's all the more reason why playing through the game with your friend on a couch would be a whole lotta fun.

I don't know what most people like about the gameplay in uncharted, I'm guessing it's the shooting, but to me it's always felt excessive and eventually annoying...my favorite parts of the game has always been the platforming

UC4 will be more than just a shooter because of the storytelling moments within gameplay. For example, when Ellie walks up to objects in the environment and comments on them. Those types of moments are now going to be in Uncharted 4 and wouldn't work if you introduced coop.

Multiplayer is so far removed from the campaign that I really don't care if the characters are used in that mode.
it shouldn't be so hard to consider a coop campaign removed from the canon campaign too then. it is just a means of having two friends sitting on a couch playing through a (probably great) game together.
UC4 will be more than just a shooter because of the storytelling moments within gameplay. For example, when Ellie walks up to objects in the environment and comments on them. Those types of moments are now going to be in Uncharted 4 and wouldn't work if you introduced coop.
I really do not see why it wouldn't work if you introduced coop. We could keep going back and forth about this, like, I'd be fine discussing it further but I'm starting to question what the point of that is because the game likely won't have what I want anyway.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Why would a game this beautiful need a CG trailer? I hate it when they do this.
I know what you mean, but this way we at least get something that won't actually be in the game. Like a nice extra bonus footage. Plus I guess it offloads some stress from the already burdened dev team. To make an ad like this, with custom animations and camera cuts, a lot of people would have to work extra hours. This is not just spliced footage from the existing cutscenes.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Great trailer, I prefer real time trailers but this was well done. Especially in this case where you can get a halfway decent comparison of real time console graphics at their pinnacle, and good CG.

We still have a long way to go, but we have also come a very long way.

Elios83

Take a look at the picture at the first page. It's like the scenes play out kind of the same in this trailer, but they don't look entirely the same stylistically and in terms of rendering.

Yep looking at a direct comparison there are obvious differences, but it's incredible how close real time and CG are for this game.

lol, wot. This is an insult to the team that produced this trailer. Real time U4 doesn't look close to CG, nothing does.

Or better a praise to the real time graphics team. And yes it looks indeed pretty close, so much that I thought that a few of the scenes were taken from the real time trailers previously released LOL.

Ricky_R

I really do not see why it wouldn't work if you introduced coop. We could keep going back and forth about this, like, I'd be fine discussing it further but I'm starting to question what the point of that is because the game likely won't have what I want anyway.

It's not that it wouldn't work per se, but it wouldn't have the effect ND is shooting for with their narrative heavy campaigns, specially coming from something like TLOU.

It's fair to say that it compromises their vision on how they want the game to play when the player is engaging it. Otherwise they would've included it already if it's so simple, or if it wouldn't really affect the experience in their eyes.

zsynqx

It's not that it wouldn't work per se, but it wouldn't have the effect ND is shooting for with their narrative heavy campaigns, specially coming from something like TLOU.

It's fair to say that it compromises their vision on how they want the game to play when the player is engaging it. Otherwise they would've included it already if it's so simple, or if it wouldn't really affect the experience in their eyes.

Yer, you put it better than me.

No I didn't. Was it like TLOU or better?

It is easilly the best playing ND game and the gunplay is fantastic. They clearly took a lot of cues from TLOU. Head and shoulders above the previous uncharted games

I understand that, we can all agree that the definitve experience of this game is going to be the single player, yeah? I'm saying if the hypothetical splitscreen coop campaign is going to require more downgrades than just visual, then I would still accept it, because to me it would still be worth having that opportunity in the game.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It straight up says 45.38GB for the file size in the image.

What are you even arguing?

There are two files there.

One is already uploaded at seemingly 47GB and some change, the other is currently being uploaded at 45GB and some change. Which is the version stamped to discs, since they are both ISO?

Top Bottom