• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Uncharted Collection Trailer; Uncharted 4 beta from Dec 4 through Dec 13th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjncOzLx6wY

Earlier this week we gave everyone a first look at a section of the remastered Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune on our Twitch stream. We played it live from our pre-release copy of the Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection. But no, we’re not going to stop there. Just about every week up until launch on 9th October, we will pull back the curtain bit by bit on all the new features and upgraded visuals to be found across the three games in the Collection.

Ready for another look? Keeping with the action-packed theme from the Twitch stream, this trailer showcases many of the awesome Uncharted moments; all of which can be experienced in Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection.

If you missed the end (and you should have watched the whole trailer!), mark your calendars for 4th December through 13th December. Those are the dates the exclusive Uncharted 4 multiplayer beta will be available to everyone with a copy of Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection and a PlayStation Plus membership. So be sure you pick up a copy to be able to see what’s in store for Uncharted’s newest multiplayer mode.

We know you are all looking forward to hearing more about what’s new in multiplayer, what’s new with gameplay, and what new modes and maps you can expect. We’re planning a grand reveal that will answer many of your questions about Uncharted 4 multiplayer before the beta goes live this December.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015...id=644526880993898496&adbpl=tw&adbpr=36969785

Ricky_R

Booyaaaa.

Still on the fence though. Maybe I'll jump in when it's half the price. Hopefully that's before Uncharted 4 releases.

Btw, amazing trailer. Bluepoint did a fantastic job.

giphy.gif

Gawt-Damn

Lucifon

Damnit, didn't think the beta would be that soon. Wasn't planning on picking this up, played all 3 and no real urge to go back and play them again at the moment for full-price. Was going to wait til Xmas or til it's cheaper in general.

Kssio_Aug

There may be some tps/adventure with a gameplay that is as good as Uncharted, but none of them have such charismatic characters!

curb

Banned
Best part of 3.

If by "best" you mean it sarcastically and intend it to read as "worst" then sure.

I'm being snippy for humor's sake. If you like that part then that's totally fine. I personally found it long, frustrating and unnecessary for the plot.

eFKac

Man, I've missed Uncharted so much, and this looks so good :-D
Can't wait to get my hands on this, UC4 beta is just the icing (would have preferred a short SP demo tbh :p)

cyba89

How spoilery is it for people who have not played these games yet? I want to see how this remaster looks like but I don't want to have the best action setpieces spoiled.

Ricky_R

If by "best" you mean it sarcastically and intend it to read as "worst" then sure.

I'm being snippy for humor's sake. If you like that part then that's totally fine. I personally found it long, frustrating and unnecessary for the plot.

The first ship graveyard encounter in Uncharted 3 was the series' gameplay highlight for me. There isn't a gameplay segment in Uncharted as varied and as dynamic as that one.

It was all Uncharted moves and ways to tackle enemies confined into one decently opened area.

oti

Banned
How spoilery is it for people who have not played these games yet? I want to see how this remaster looks like but I don't want to have the best action setpieces spoiled.

It's like a movie trailer. The highlights and spoilers are there but you won't even know. Just trust us though, it looks good.

curb

Banned
The first ship graveyard encounter in Uncharted 3 was the series' gameplay highlight for me. There isn't a gameplay segment in Uncharted as varied and as dynamic as that one.

It was all Uncharted moves and ways to tackle enemies confined into one decently opened area.

It could be why I don't like it as much. I enjoy those game's more guided action moments much more. It ended up making me angry more than anything and then as I mentioned before, it does virtually nothing plot-wise which I value.

It's not like I think it's horrible but it was always something for me to just get past so I could get back to what I like. It's still a great game.

LAM09

On the fence ATM. Eager to try the beta, but I can't justify paying full price for it, as I'm not really interested in replaying the games.

Morts

I'm excluding the
cruise ship, which sucked
and you're right that it's totally irrelevant to the plot, but I thought that the
ship graveyard
was a great combat playground that offered a lot more options than most other parts of the game.

Ricky_R

It could be why I don't like it as much. I enjoy those game's more guided action moments much more. It ended up making me angry more than anything and then as I mentioned before, it does virtually nothing plot-wise which I value.

It's not like I think it's horrible but it was always something for me to just get past so I could get back to what I like. It's still a great game.

I see where you're coming from. I enjoyed that area as well as the more limited ones, specially in Uncharted 2. In fact, I enjoy whatever it is that ND decides to throw at me gameplay wise. Also, plot wise, I agree with you about the whole shipyard/cruise chapter. It felt like the most out of place moment in the entire series, so it didn't do much for me from that perspective.

NastyBook

Naughty Dog, if you can read this, give us a Massive Attack remake trailer for UC1 and I'll pre-order the game in full before it comes out.

curb

Banned
I'm excluding the
cruise ship, which sucked
and you're right that it's totally irrelevant to the plot, but I thought that the
ship graveyard
was a great combat playground that offered a lot more options than most other parts of the game.

I agree with the last part but that's not necessarily the main reason I play these games. I'm more of a "in for the thrill ride" guy instead of a "gameplay first" when it comes to these games. It's totally personal preference though.

I see where you're coming from. I enjoyed that area as well as the more limited ones, specially in Uncharted 2. In fact, I enjoy whatever it is that ND decides to throw at me gameplay wise. Also, plot wise, I agree with you about the whole shipyard/cruise chapter. It felt like the most out of place moment in the entire series, so it didn't do much for me from that perspective.

I may dislike that part but ultimately, it's still so much better than most action games out there. I am very much looking forward to getting the collection.

Gurish

Damn their trailers for the collection have been amazing, seriously like better than their big released games.

The first trailer and this are some of the best of this year, I don't want to buy this collection since I've played them all but they are hyping me :x

I've never played an Uncharted game. Not sure ill get this at launch but ill get it eventually. How long is each game, 8-10 hours?

Putty

They've left the aliens from 2 and downhill skiing from 3 out so yer good to go.

Awesome trailer and awesome that I don't have to pay for PS Plus since I can use the trial.

I've never played an Uncharted game. Not sure ill get this at launch but ill get it eventually. How long is each game, 8-10 hours?

You lucky devil and I'd say it depends on the difficulty you're playing on but yeah about 8-10 hours on average.

Top Bottom