• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Uncharted Collection Trailer; Uncharted 4 beta from Dec 4 through Dec 13th

Shredderi

Infamous 2 music? Must be a subtle hinting about infamous 1 & 2 remastered!
60fps, proper aliasing etc. I'd take it.

OccamsLightsaber

Regularly boosts GAF member count to cry about 'right wing gaf' - Voter #3923781
Any theory as to why there's no multiplayer?

Mine is that neither Naughty Dog nor Bluepoint is ready to take up such a huge project. Bluepoint probably has a another project lined up and ND has UC4 to worry about.

Mine is that neither Naughty Dog nor Bluepoint is ready to take up such a huge project. Bluepoint probably has a another project lined up and ND has UC4 to worry about.

~90% of the audience would just move to U4 MP a few months later.

And I'm sure ND wants people to move there too. Plus, including MP = time and resources that are probably better spent refining the campaigns.

SSReborn

They said they didn't want to split the userbase. UC2 and UC3 have to very different and specific communities between both games MP's not to mention UC4 right around the corner. So that would fracture the player base quite a bit.

Memento

Sure sounds like it.

I'm excited to play through all of this again
except for the ship graveyard

That part has literally the best combat scenario/gameplay diversity in the entire series. It is the pinaccle of Uncharted's gameplay.

The first ship graveyard encounter in Uncharted 3 was the series' gameplay highlight for me. There isn't a gameplay segment in Uncharted as varied and as dynamic as that one.

It was all Uncharted moves and ways to tackle enemies confined into one decently opened area.

Yes, probably the best TPS sandbox ever.

Not gonna lie here:

I am a bit torn regarding the Beta.On the one hand I really want to play the Beta, as it is my most anticipated game ever, single player wise, and I've put over 350 hours in Uncharted 3's MP portion. But on the other hand, hence this is my most anticipated game ever, I really do not want to play the Beta, as I fear it might lessen my surprise when I boot up the full game on Mach 18th.

Anyway: I know I'm gonna cave in and play it a lot.

zkorejo

That was a great trailer. Uncharted is one of the best series ever made. I am really jealous of anyone who will be experiencing these amazing games for the first time.

If I had not already beaten all these 3 games multiple times, I would have been a bit more excited. There is no way I am not getting into the beta so I guess I will be buying this anyways.

nib95

Banned
Awesome trailer, though full of spoilers. As an avid Indiana Jones fan, this series just does it for me. Can't wait to jump back in, looks like Bluepoint did a bang up job.

~90% of the audience would just move to U4 MP a few months later.

And I'm sure ND wants people to move there too. Plus, including MP = time and resources that are probably better spent refining the campaigns.

Why fraction the MP base with 2 iterations of Uncharted AND you have another one coming next year on PS4.

With cutting MP from the collection, there is only one iteration of UC multiplayer on PS4, the only way to experience that type of MP game is to buy UC4.
No reason to canibalize your user base pretty much.

nib95

Banned
That's such bullshit. I've been buying Uncharted games since Drake's Fortune. They expect me to buy all three games again without multiplayer? Fuck off Greedy Dog.

Three game campaigns brilliantly Remastered in 1080p/60fps, with improved textures, lighting, character models, cinematics etc, along with certain gameplay tweaks, new difficulty modes, extra unlockables and so on, for $60 is them being greedy? Really?

Walpurgis

Banned
Three game campaigns brilliantly Remastered in 1080p/60fps, with improved textures, lighting, character models, cinematics etc, along with certain gameplay tweaks, new difficulty modes, extra unlockables and so on, for $60 is them being greedy? Really?
I don't think you understood what I wrote.

nib95

Banned
I don't think you understood what I wrote.

Then explain it to me.

They don't expect you to buy it, you have the choice to. If you see value in it, buy it, if not, don't. There's always Uncharted 4 next year. But I own all 3 games on the PS3, and already have the new Collection pre-ordered. To have some of the best game campaigns of last year Remastered in the quality they have been here, for $60 (less actually as I only paid £32 for it) to me represents solid value proposition. Would I have preferred to have multiplayer? Absolutely. But then I'd have preferred the Collection be only $10 as well. There's this thing called realistic expectations and developers not biting off more than they can chew. I'm still more than happy they've given the the kind of care and attention to the campaigns that they have.

Walpurgis

Banned
Then explain it to me.

They don't expect you to buy it, you have the choice to. If you see value in it, buy it, if not, don't. There's always Uncharted 4 next year. But I own all 3 games on the PS3, and already have the new Collection pre-ordered. To have some of the best game campaigns of last year Remastered in the quality they have been here, for $60 (less actually as I only paid £32 for it) to me represents solid value proposition. Would I have preferred to have multiplayer? Absolutely. But then I'd have preferred the Collection be only $10 as well. There's this thing called realistic expectations and developers not biting off more than they can chew. I'm still more than happy they've given the the kind of care and attention to the campaigns that they have.
I'm not interested in playing the games again. If it included UC2 multiplayer, I would have considered it. I think that's a pretty realistic expectation but that's beside the point. My issue is that UC4 beta access is exclusive to a game that many Uncharted fans are not going to buy (since we already own all 3).

Papacheeks

Banned
Then explain it to me.

I think he's being sarcastic, I think?

So you made a forum a while back about greedy naughty dog. Got called out on it for the most part.

And now your coming into basically a information thread, that shows us a another look at what the collection looks like and gives info on how long the U4 beta is, and shitting on it?

Why?

Edit:

I'm not interested in playing the games again. If it included UC2 multiplayer, I would have considered it. I think that's a pretty realistic expectation but that's beside the point. My issue is that UC4 beta access is exclusive to a game that many Uncharted fans are not going to buy (since we already own all 3).

So now you talk on behalf of all the uncharted community and potential buyer's, I see.

Here's the matter of the fact. It was a conscious decision by the developer to leave the multiplayer out for whatever reasons. It is up to you the buyer to decide if that's a deal breaker for you. Seeing your response I say it is.

So what's the problem?

If you see value buy it, if not then don't?

Uncharted 4 beta is there for people who buy it. It's not like they won't put a public beta out closer to release. I bet they will have a preorder incentive for UC4 to get beta access during late February or something.

I really think your off base, your thread talked about this already in essence. If your excited and see value your going to get it, if not then don't. it's not them being greedy?

nib95

Banned

I'd argue that many Uncharted fans will be buying this Collection (like myself) precisely so they can re-play them. Naturally the beta is there to prop up and incentivise the Collection, but that being the case doesn't automatically make Naughty Dog greedy. The purpose of a beta is for the developers to be able to test whatever component of a game is included, and if they don't feel an open beta is necessary for that, what better way than to include it in the Collection? That way committed fans of the franchise as well as new players alike, get to experience it alongside the Remastered originals.

The timing is awful for me personally. Also blows that it's only for a week so I can't make it up the following week when I have free time.

Regardless, chances are they might increase the time frame, so better to be hopeful.

Best wishes.

Top Bottom