• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Uncharted Collection Trailer; Uncharted 4 beta from Dec 4 through Dec 13th

Dynasty

Correct.

We need a bigger beta duration to compensate for the lack of MP (Uncharted 2-3).

Why is that so hard to understand?

Don't get it as well. We as consumers should be constantly demanding more from these devs/publishers who would milk us(consumers) dry if they could get away with it.

Papacheeks

Banned
I did make a thread about Naughty Dog's awful DLC practices but I wasn't called out on it. What's there to call out? Everything in that OP was fact. I don't see how it is relevant to this thread. Honestly, I'm getting a little annoyed by how you bring that up in various threads, questioning my motivations, insinuating things, etc. Just stop. You're not going to find what you're looking for here.

I read somewhere that 40% of PS4 owners did not own PS3s so I assume that this is targeted towards them. I don't believe rebuying games is common but I don't have any statistics to back that up. The Greedy Dog thing was a joke since I get teased a lot about it, but I'm really not happy with that decision. If they gave them one week early access or something, I wouldn't mind at all. I'm just worried that I won't be able to play the beta at all. Like I said, I am still holding out hope for another beta.
ps4-online-play.jpg

It would be nice if Sony lived up to their promise at E3 2013. I think the only beta we got out of that was Destiny. Everything else was sign up only or preorder only or something.

2007, 2009, 2011

And yeah, they should.

That thread you created was about their DLC, which most of was optional and didn't impede your gaming experience that much if at all. You then went into another thread that was about information concerning single player DLC for Uncharted 4. Seeing their track record so far with left behind people are ok with the early announcement that they were in the process of starting single player DLC. But you were not so you put in your 2 cent's which is fine.

Your whole thread was about the greed of naughty dog, when in fact all the greed you were talking about was optional. Just like you buying the collection is optional. Your just pissed because you want to play the UC4 beta which is included with the collection, but don't want to buy it for your own reasons regardless of their validity.

Your now in this thread again talking about the greed of naughty dog. So three threads of you telling us how you, and the community should feel. And it's not like we don't understand. The issue is me and other's have said that no one is forcing you to buy this collection. Your insinuating that because the beta is associated with it, that in a way are forcing you to buy or being negative to the community of uncharted fan's?

Am I on track?

There's a reason I brought it up is because in all three thread's your tone is " Greedy naughty Dog". And this is mainly a information thread, about the beta, and what the collection looks like from a new trailer.

Regardless if your joking or not.

tioslash

Nope the Beta is in the collection to make up for the lack of a multiplayer.

http://gamerant.com/uncharted-collection-ps4-removes-multiplayer/

The Beta is not there to make up for anything. That´s obviously PR talk. Just like when they said that the reason for not including multiplayer was "not wanting to split the community".

It´s in there first and foremost as an incentive for people to buy the Collection. A pretty smart move, knowing very well how much people want it. It simply makes sense from a business standpoint.

And it´s a nice extra for fans who are willing to buy it.

Walpurgis

Banned
That thread you created was about their DLC, which most of was optional and didn't impede your gaming experience that much if at all. You then went into another thread that was about information concerning single player DLC for Uncharted 4. Seeing their track record so far with left behind people are ok with the early announcement that they were in the process of starting single player DLC. But you were not so you put in your 2 cent's which is fine.

Your whole thread was about the greed of naughty dog, when in fact all the greed you were talking about was optional. Just like you buying the collection is optional. Your just pissed because you want to play the UC4 beta which is included with the collection, but don't want to buy it for your own reasons regardless of their validity.

Your now in this thread again talking about the greed of naughty dog. So three threads of you telling us how you, and the community should feel. And it's not like we don't understand. The issue is me and other's have said that no one is forcing you to buy this collection. Your insinuating that because the beta is associated with it, that in a way are forcing you to buy or being negative to the community of uncharted fan's?

Am I on track?

There's a reason I brought it up is because in all three thread's your tone is " Greedy naughty Dog". And this is mainly a information thread, about the beta, and what the collection looks like from a new trailer.

Regardless if your joking or not.
I have no idea what you are talking about. I didn't go into the single player DLC to complain about their greed. As for the thread that I made about Naughty Dog's awful DLC practices, I've made my position clear on that and I think that it's a pretty reasonable one. I am a Naughty Dog fan, not a Naughty Dog fanboy. I'll call them out on their shady practices just like I call out Konami on their shady practices.
F2P models need to stay the Fuck out of Retail games plain and simple. I agree expansions need to make a big return, and I hope CD RED's outlook rubs off on other developers.
Did you change your mind?

As for this thread, I am free to post my thoughts on the information in this thread...It's a forum.

Papacheeks

Banned
I have no idea what you are talking about. I didn't go into the single player DLC to complain about their greed. As for the thread that I made about Naughty Dog's awful DLC practices, I've made my position clear on that and I think that it's a pretty reasonable one. I am a Naughty Dog fan, not a Naughty Dog fanboy. I'll call them out on their shady practices just like I call out Konami on their shady practices.

Did you change your mind?

As for this thread, I am free to post my thoughts on the information in this thread...It's a forum.

No, but it's not like it's in your face on uncharted 3 telling you to progress you need these add on's, and like I said it's optional. I'm more inclined to say that games like Dead space 3, and possibly Just cause 3 that use it in single player that's complete bs.

Same for MK X. Which is why i didn't buy it because goro was behind a paywall.

If most of the microtransactions are cosmetic, im fine with it. It's when there a paywall behind you achieving something that, should just be in the game I have issue with. You can level up and get most of the weapons from just playing. And the ones that are dlc, don't impede you from still raking up kills.

So this forum about Uncharted 4 DLC that's not you posting about how TLOU's DLC and the are not same situation as UC4?

And then having people call you out on it? ANd referencing that thread about "Naughty Dog Greed", isn't you they are talking about?

Gotcha must be someone else.

Walpurgis

Banned
No, but it's not like it's in your face on uncharted 3 telling you to progress you need these add on's, and like I said it's optional. I'm more inclined to say that games like Dead space 3, and possibly Just cause 3 that use it in single player that's complete bs.

Same for MK X. Which is why i didn't buy it because goro was behind a paywall.

If most of the microtransactions are cosmetic, im fine with it. It's when there a paywall behind you achieving something that, should just be in the game I have issue with. You can level up and get most of the weapons from just playing. And the ones that are dlc, don't impede you from still raking up kills.

So this forum about Uncharted 4 DLC that's not you posting about how TLOU's DLC and the are not same situation as UC4?

And then having people call you out on it? ANd referencing that thread about "Naughty Dog Greed", isn't you they are talking about?

Gotcha must be someone else.
Uncharted 3 sells hats that improve your stats and The Last of Us sells guns in a retail multiplayer game. These are F2P elements, that are arguably worse than Dead Space 3's single player DLC (since you aren't competing with others there). If you actually read the OP in the thread, you would know that Naughty Dog does a lot more than "cosmetic" microtransactions. I don't want to rehash my arguments so do read that thread because you are displaying some major cognitive dissonance right now.

I skimmed through the thread that you linked and it seems that you are mistaken. What you are describing never happened.

If you want to continue this, PM me.

Top Bottom