• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Wii Fit release date?

Tobor

It's a good thing the idiots whining about the end of gaming are all children. The release of Tetris and Myst would have destroyed their young minds.

8bit

Knows the Score
CreatureX3 said:
Damn straight! :D

wiifit.jpg

I was going to post a photoshop, but it's probably not safe for work. So I'll just describe what to do instead. Using the lasso tool or similar, draw a selection around the girl foot. Duplicate this and move it up 150 pixels.

Surprise!

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
8bit said:
I was going to post a photoshop, but it's probably not safe for work. So I'll just describe what to do instead. Using the lasso tool or similar, draw a selection around the girl foot. Duplicate this and move it up 150 pixels.

Surprise!
Please. Ban yourself.

DSWii60

8bit said:

Surprise!

*Looks a picture*
*Wonders what on earth 8bit is going on about*
*Focuses more closely on the foot*
*Realises what 8bit means*
*:lols and then gags*

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Nintendo had a booth at an AARP show?

StevieP

Banned
Great Rumbler said:
"Ha Ha! I'm destroying your hobby!"

Look at how happy she looks that she's destroying our hobby. I mean... games... played by people other than pimply-faced 17 year olds with headsets... why... WHY OH DEAR CRUEL WORLD!!!!

I don't know if this is still a serious discussion, but Nintendo could afford to wait until late spring to bring this to the US. They're going to sell all they have this holiday season on the strength of Mario and Smash. They're sold out status will give the momentum they need to get through winter with all of those families still scouring the market to find the system that eluded the shadow of their christmas trees. Once the hardcore die down and complain about a drought, they release Wii Fit to get the mainstream in a fervor.

jonezer4

Bluecondor said:
Still though - this would have been a great game/system seller for the Wii if it released before Christmas. I just wonder if it will have as much of an impact being released in February.

If the Wii was struggling, or even just selling "okay", that would be an argument. The demand for Wii, especially considering that brought on by their holiday lineup, is so ridiculous though that it really doesn't matter. They're going to sell out as many units as they can produce through Christmas, with or without Wii Fit.

The February release is simply to make sure they continue to sell out AFTER Christmas, when they might, traditionally anyway, see a lull in demand. It's actually pretty logical.

Jibber Hack said:
I don't know if this is still a serious discussion, but Nintendo could afford to wait until late spring to bring this to the US. They're going to sell all they have this holiday season on the strength of Mario and Smash. They're sold out status will give the momentum they need to get through winter with all of those families still scouring the market to find the system that eluded the shadow of their christmas trees. Once the hardcore die down and complain about a drought, they release Wii Fit to get the mainstream in a fervor.

I concur. No way demand will be satisfied by February. I suspect part of the reason Nintendo bumped it back a month was because they realized they were coming in too close on the heels of the holiday lineup, but even February, as you stated, is cutting it close.

acidviper

Banned
OMFG this is pure New Year's Resolution/Christmas purchase/

Gym attendance spikes 3000% in January and then drops almost completely in February. Not a good idea from a marketing/timing standpoint.

d+pad

Sorry to bump this, but I didn't want to start a new thread in case I'm completely nuts.

Basically, I was informed by Amazon this morning that the shipping date of my Wii Fit pre-order has changed - from early Feb '08 to early Dec. '07 (I think Dec. 1, though I can't remember exactly).

Is this the actual release date now, just after Thanksgiving? Or have the elves at Amazon just gone bonkers?

It would seem strange to me if Nintendo waited all this time to announce a release date just a few months away...

donny2112

He's also the guy who said he would resign on the spot if he were given a Wii game to make. His opinion on a Wii game is, thus, useless.

Top Bottom