• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Wolfenstein: The New Order previews, screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven77

To really get my attention this game needs to have massive, intricate levels with lots of branching paths just like old FPS games.

If its a corridor shooter or a disguised corridor shooter with no real path freedom, then they should have left the franchise alone. I do love, however, that it has no multiplayer. Great move, focus on the single player and make it a new classic. I want maze like levels, I want to be challenged again.

Modern FPS games just feel like you're playing Pokemon Snap with a gun.

0L3Iz4py_bigger.jpeg
got a chance to go hands-on:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RAs9BJ-bLU&list=UUQXR8pItAoKDAJSbphFxbrg&feature=c4-overview

He couldn't handle the darker stuff.

I love his avatar now XD

If Eurogamer think the game might have some chops beyond just the nazi-revenge riff, then I might be interested.

But as a single player only game, Wolfenstein better have at least a 10-12 hours campaign.

To really get my attention this game needs to have massive, intricate levels with lots of branching paths just like old FPS games.

If its a corridor shooter or a disguised corridor shooter with no real path freedom, then they should have left the franchise alone. I do love, however, that it has no multiplayer. Great move, focus on the single player and make it a new classic. I want maze like levels, I want to be challenged again.

Modern FPS games just feel like you're playing Pokemon Snap with a gun.

I think maze like levels should return and be encountered in more than half of all new shooters IMO.

scitek

If Eurogamer think the game might have some chops beyond just the nazi-revenge riff, then I might be interested.

But as a single player only game, Wolfenstein better have at least a 10-12 hours campaign.

15-20 hours is what I've seen being thrown around.

We played the first 3 chapters of the game on the PS4. The game, at that time, ran at a fairly solid 30 FPS with a few hitches here and there. No idea of the games internal resolution, but TV was outputting 1080P.

Woah hold up, I thought this was running at 60fps on PS4? At least it was during last years builds.

I really, really, REALLY want to play this.

The action looks fucking fantastic, and I still hold plenty of nostalgia with this series over the years.

Some parts, gunplay especially and the various effects and hit reactions and damage and gore look awe inspiring.

Raptor

I for one will buy this day one out of principle just because the kind of Gore it has, Im one of the few that thinks that gore should be like this in all shooters, ALL OF THEM.

So is only logical to buy this, those headshots and blood spraying upwards looks insane.

KareBear

Yeah, you're right. Apparently that was done by Endrant Studios, which I've never even heard of until I just looked it up.

They were the third team on it.First it was being done by Nerve Software then Threewave Software and finally Endrant who were ex Splash Damage people.They shut down soon after the game launched.

So this game has an upgrade system with perks and unlocks... does that provide any hope for a new game+ or additional modes to play once you've unlocked most of the goodies?

Upgrades in a game without new game+ just feels... wrong.

I'll again point people to THIS FOOTAGE that I feel shows the game in a better light than any of the gameplay has so far in terms of moment to moment pacing. It shows a fairly lengthy story section as well as a slice of a level with much more deliberate structure than the pure run + gun clips we're being shown. You get more of a sense of that old Starbreeze DNA here.

This game will probably be criticized for being "just" a shooter (as hard as they try to push the "action-adventure" stuff), but look at those dual shotguns wreaking havoc, and peaking under things to shoot out enemy legs with dual ARs and tell me if it needs to be anything more. All I want is a good shooter wrapped in a good campaign that doesn't feel like some throwaway 6 hour obligation.

So this game has an upgrade system with perks and unlocks... does that provide any hope for a new game+ or additional modes to play once you've unlocked most of the goodies?

I do hope it has NG+ as well. That would make the early chapters so much more interesting on replays.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I for one will buy this day one out of principle just because the kind of Gore it has, Im one of the few that thinks that gore should be like this in all shooters, ALL OF THEM.

So is only logical to buy this, those headshots and blood spraying upwards looks insane.
I agree. The feedback and hit reactions are fantastic.

I hope so.

Yoda

I'd love to play another IDT5 game, but if its a scripted linear corridor shooter I'll pass... Even though I'd really really give a limb to play Doom 4.

Raptor

I'd love to play another IDT5 game, but if its a scripted linear corridor shooter I'll pass... Even though I'd really really give a limb to play Doom 4.

While is linear indeed, some parts have various ways of tackling missions, and it has a more open arenas for encounters.

Is not like pure linear CoD kinda stuff.

Good pedigree with the riddick devs...
Roughly 20 hour campaign with no multiplayer...
Robot dogs getting stabbed repeatedly until dead...
Brains falling out with headshots
Bodies flapping like a kipper when shot...

Count me interested...

DieH@rd

Banned
Good pedigree with the riddick devs...
Roughly 20 hour campaign with no multiplayer...
Robot dogs getting stabbed repeatedly until dead...
Brains falling out with headshots
Bodies flapping like a kipper when shot...

Count me interested...

You forgot the best thing. Nazis are have base on the Moon.

KORNdoggy

Wasn't even on my radar. Now it is. Needs to be a good, varied, long and solid campaign though if that's all it has to offer.

Wait, if B.J. Was in a "coma" or whatever for 14 years how is he able to do all that crazy FPS stuff? Wouldn't muscle atrophy turn him into a skeleton man?

DieH@rd

Banned
How's that even possible?

Sadly...get used to it. The world is full of clueless kids who have never felt greatness, never played countless fuckawesome games from our youth. Imagine how many people today are in their early 20s who live with the memory of their first awesome game being Modern Warfare 1... How to even start explaining to them what progress was brought with Myth 2? How mindblowing was T-Rex demo from PS1. How batshit insane Elite was...

http://www.funcage.com/blog/wp-cont...-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore.jpg

Sadly...get used to it. The world is full of clueless kids who have never felt greatness, never played countless fuckawesome games from our youth. Imagine how many people today are in their early 20s who live with the memory of their first awesome game being Modern Warfare 1... How to even start explaining to them what progress was brought with Myth 2? How mindblowing was T-Rex demo from PS1. How batshit insane Elite was...

http://www.funcage.com/blog/wp-cont...-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore.jpg

heh so true...

Arkanius

Thief is disapointment
This shapes up to be a sleeper hit

What the heck

RELIEVE THE GLORY OF RETURN TO CASTLE WOLFENSTEIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom