• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Wolfenstein: The New Order previews, screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I've been replaying Wolf 2009 over the last few nights and if MachineGames Wolf 2014 comes anywhere to as close as how satisfying that game is then I really can't wait for this.

Blood and Gibs everywhere, Nazis gurgling blood, grenades, explosive barrels handily placed beside lots of Nazis, debris/wood etc flying everywhere and most importantly - having all your weapons on you all the time. Murder Death Kill. God bless you Raven. (and I know the new one does the same)

It does make me wonder though if we'll see any cool weapons like the Particle Cannon or Tesla Gun in the new Wolfenstein. I hope MachineGames have some cool ideas/weapons we haven't seen up their sleeves.

I've been replaying Wolf 2009 over the last few nights and if MachineGames Wolf 2014 comes anywhere to as close as how satisfying that game is then I really can't wait for this.

Blood and Gibs everywhere, Nazis gurgling blood, grenades, explosive barrels handily placed beside lots of Nazis, debris/wood etc flying everywhere and most importantly - having all your weapons on you all the time. Murder Death Kill. God bless you Raven. (and I know the new one does the same)

It does make me wonder though if we'll see any cool weapons like the Particle Cannon or Tesla Gun in the new Wolfenstein. I hope MachineGames have some cool ideas/weapons we haven't seen up their sleeves.

Yeah, I'm hoping for some interesting weapons.

I guess weapon customisation is gonna fill the wacky weapon type role this time round.

sjay1994

I had zero interest in this game when it was announced and the gameplay vids didn't help much either.

Then they started their striking marketing with the german songs and I was intrigued. Realizing I have nothing to play on my PS4 atm, I will pick it up.

Zushin

I watched YourEvilTwin's youtube LP of Wolf 09 since it was removed from steam. Good stuff. Shame it wasn't recieved well.

Probably too obscure a reference either way

*shrug*

I was lucky enough to have purchased it on Steam. Might replay through it soon. Hopefully Bethesda can get it back up for sale eventually.

This game looks like the perfect opposite to Watch Dogs next month.

It perfectly compliments Watch Dogs' more pioneering gameplay with some classic old school entertainment.

Can't wait to play next month. I hope the single player campaign is meaty. Gotta make up for no MP.

I'm still kind of let down there is no MP in this deal. I wish they had brought back the amazing RTCW MP mode.

eXistor

Yeah, this game is definitely not for me. They claim it's oldskool, but then it's linear and narrative-driven, which is the antithesis of oldskool. I should be a fun rental, but I'm not expecting much in the way of actual gameplay.

Levyne

Banned
Yeah, this game is definitely not for me. They claim it's oldskool, but then it's linear and narrative-driven, which is the antithesis of oldskool. I should be a fun rental, but I'm not expecting much in the way of actual gameplay.

It's really interesting to see how they will balance it. They say the levels are more open and give you freedom to sneak around or find hidden passageways, but of course previews say that. Will be interesting to finally get player impressions.

Mask

Got another one.

Wolfenstein: The New Order |OT| No WiiU Port? Mustaches and Swastikas for everyone!

SNES censorship reference ahoy!

When they shot a dude, there were decals on his body from being shot. Also, I saw a
"dismemberment of a leg from a shot"

I saw that spoiler too. Good stuff.

The execution of the music, at least in the section they demoed and what little I saw of it, seems to feel like they took inspiration from thrillers. I'm interested to see if that sound is kept up throughout the game.

DieH@rd

Banned
Shotguns are gibbing nazies, and there is a big red impact visual when any bullet hit them. Stream quality was shit, I could not see more details.

I really dont understand their marketing effort. Stream looked like it was 480p20.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Isn't this just like Rage, where ADS isn't necessary, but there for people who use controllers and are worse at video games than me?

That's my take on things, judging from the shootbang portions of the videos released thus far.

DocSeuss

That's my take on things, judging from the shootbang portions of the videos released thus far.

I'm wondering if you can do hipfire while leaning now... Yeah, I still really want this. No way to GET it yet (playfire gonna take millennia), but still.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm wondering if you can do hipfire while leaning now... Yeah, I still really want this. No way to GET it yet (playfire gonna take millennia), but still.

I don't know if it'd be of much help, but GMG will likely have a 25% discount code closer to release. Nuuvem isn't an option as Bethesda priced the game at USD$60 in Brazil, too, for some bizarre reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom