• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Wolfenstein: The New Order previews, screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vibranium

Banned
Man, I'm really starting to get pumped for The New Order, I'll probably get it Day 1 to support single player. I'm loving how they're going with the B movie story route and Wolfenstein has always been crazy so we shouldn't have it any other way. The guns are everything I want, and as I said before, really give off that Resistance vibe.

Poor BJ just can't catch a break...well he was in a coma for years but that's not enough! Maybe he can get some German babes at the end of the game haha. Rock on Starbreeze/Machine Games, I can't wait to explore.

RTCW had Splash Damage to make the Multiplayer. The last thing they've done is Arkham Origins' multiplayer, and I don't know if it was any good. Before that was the poor wasted potential that was Brink.

If Brink wasnt buggy as hell and actually ran well, the design ideas were great imo.

Ragnarok

Because MachineGames didn't want to make multiplayer citing that it would take resources away from the singleplayer campaign, which is what they're good at. I don't see it as a travesty at all, more like a miracle that a dev making a shooter under a major publisher was given the freedom to do what they want.

I love good shooter campaigns though, so I'm probably looking at this from a different angle.

i would normally agree if it were any other genre, but FPS were basically made for MP in my opinion. I can't remember the last time I've played a FPS for it's SP campaign specifically. Half Life 2 i guess?

Meh whatever, the gunplay looks soooo good i'll probably pick it up. Might even preorder for some DOOM goodness.

boltz

Man that gif reminds me of the FEAR2 expansion pack sections where you are in the mech suit and just thrashing everything. Looks fun!

At first it does seem weird that a new Wolf wouldn't have an MP component after the great legacy of Rtcw/ET, but it makes sense really. Machinegames is mainly a single player dev going by their history, and if they were forced to put in MP it probably wouldn't go well.

I really don't think any new Wolf MP could do justice to Rtcw/ET anyway at this point, the current market is just so different than it was then. Especially if they are making it with a console focus like they are this game. It would probably end up being a watered down, slow iron sighting shooter trying to be a COD type game. I'd rather they let it rest.

I was hardcore into Wolf ET back in the day. It was the first MP game i ever played online, i bloody loved it, put hundreds of hours into it. But im not sorry they dropped MP for this, because machinegames have a great SP pedigree, so let them do what theyre best at, instead of getting a watered down SP with mediocre MP. Getting hyped as fuck for this now

AU Tiger

oh MAN those knife kills!!

xu2JYlS.jpg

This game looks pretty awesome. I am still sad they abandoned mp due to the last Wolf gaming featuring decent mp destroyed by bugs and netcode. RTCW is still my favorite mp game of all time. I hope they take a crack at it sooner or later again. Maybe RTCW HD just needs to happen after this releases

Mondy

Banned
I'm predicting a metacritic average of mid to high 80's, possibly low 90's. I can see reviewers going into this one with tunnel vision about it being just another generic shooter when it will probably be much more than that.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
If you wanted a good listen of the gun sounds:

7 Reasons Wolfenstein The New Order Won't Actually Suck

Dat shotgun.

I'm getting more and more excited for this game. Really hope it turns out to be as good as it's looking, and there isn't some huge flaw. Didn't know about the secrets, so glad those are in. Can't have Wolfenstein without 'em! And I'm glad they aren't bland collectible letters/audio logs/intel that has been done to death. Actually finding secret rooms is what I'm all about.

Raptor

I really really and I mean it devs, but I really hope that we can play with a weapon the entire game if we want, at least in game+.

I want to play the entire game with that double barrel shotgun.

This one has been a slow burn for me. Was not interested at all by the initial announcement, but every thing they have shown since or explained has increased my interest. I am going to pick this up day one to support devs that are willing to make games that can be played completely offline, and then pick up Watch Dogs after I hear what Gaffers think about it.

Raptor

This one has been a slow burn for me. Was not interested at all by the initial announcement, but every thing they have shown since or explained has increased my interest. I am going to pick this up day one to support devs that are willing to make games that can be played completely offline, and then pick up Watch Dogs after I hear what Gaffers think about it.

You could pick up Second Son while you wait for this one like some of us :p

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I really really and I mean it devs, but I really hope that we can play with a weapon the entire game if we want, at least in game+.

I want to play the entire game with that double barrel shotgun.

Maybe there will be an all-items cheat. :D

One can dream.

This game looks interesting but I am concerned about a lack of content. I have no issue with games not adding an un-needed MP mode just to have MP. But for me the single player campaign needs to offer enough content to make the game worth the price. If this is just a single player FPS campaign that runs 6-8 I'm not sure thats really enough content to warrant a purchase, at least not at full price.

anthym

Neo Member
Wow this game is looking surprisingly good. Dat shotgun! May have to add this one to my preorder list. I just wish it had multiplayer.

No, that's the Doomguy.

This is what they're working off of.

original.jpg

Though going by the old mytho's of id Software, William "B.J." Blazkowicz, .is the grandfather of Commander Keen (AKA Billy Blaze), and Doom guy is an ancestor or Billy Blaze. So they are all blood related.

Raonak

Banned
its got potential, but no multi is a massive dealbreaker

funnily enough, no MP makes me far more interested in this game than I would've had initially. this and arkham knight with hopefully both benefit, because MP takes a shitload of resoruces.
Hopefully they add enough replay value, or a really good campaign to not feel somewhat shortchanged (Resistance3 I felt totally satisfied with by playing the campaign. played the MP once and realised it wasnt my thing)

Raptor

This game looks interesting but I am concerned about a lack of content. I have no issue with games not adding an un-needed MP mode just to have MP. But for me the single player campaign needs to offer enough content to make the game worth the price. If this is just a single player FPS campaign that runs 6-8 I'm not sure thats really enough content to warrant a purchase, at least not at full price.

Campaign is 15-20 hours long, that and possibly different difficulty settings is worth a purchase IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom