• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Wolverine Trailer tweeted by Jackman

Status
Not open for further replies.
This movie really does look good. I'll be wanting to see it when it comes out.

That said, the ham-fisted reading of X-Men comics in this movie is...really weird. I don't like it.

This might be after the X-Men are killed off but before Cable shows up.

YES. Please.

I need this so much. I would hate for Cable's only films to be under Deadpool.

I've always hoped an X-Men film ends with them on the ropes only for Cable to show up and kick ass.

Professor X's rant at the end was amazing.

P17tKCU.png

Sephzilla

The Last of Us: Logan Edition looks pretty awesome.

Also, I'm calling it right now. X-23 is a fan of the in-universe "X-Men" comics. Logan is totally gonna put on the suit at some point just to make her happy.

Looks good.

A little worried that farmhouse scene is going to be the one big anchor of an action scene like Deadpool's highway and they're limited in locations, but the budget seems a higher so maybe they're just keeping stuff hidden.
But we've seen at least three different action scenes.

- When they come for X-23 and the car chase
- The fight in the house where Logan stabs the guy through the head and Professor X Is trying to freeze people
- The big forest fight

You can tell by the Logan's clothing (suit, jacket, tanktop)

bleaker

Pumped, absolutely pumped. I'd say the first trailer was better for how low key it was, but this one definitely shows that some humor remains. Excited to finally see X-23 on the big screen, and I think the movie will be good no matter what, if not amazing.

But that's hype so...
please God don't be bad.

kswiston

Logan's reported budget is double Deadpool's

Even if you consider bigger chunks of cash going towards the actors (Jackman and Stewart anyhow), they will still have a larger location and sfx budget.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
I actually am ok with the comic books. Shows that there's lore and then reality all in the same universe.

I'm all in on this. Day 1

Also, I'm calling it right now. X-23 is a fan of the in-universe "X-Men" comics. Logan is totally gonna put on the suit at some point just to make her happy.

I'm wondering if that comic is a real comic, or a couple of pages they mocked up for the film.

C2i4y50UoAAgvsc.jpg

If it's a real comic, they made sure to pick a comic where his costume is not one of the more recognizable variations. If it's not a real comic, maybe they just hinted at what suit he would have worn (might still wear - or hand down to Laura) in the film proper.

Sephzilla

I'm wondering if that comic is a real comic, or a couple of pages they mocked up for the film.

C2i4y50UoAAgvsc.jpg

If it's a real comic, they made sure to pick a comic where his costume is not one of the more recognizable variations. If it's not a real comic, maybe they just hinted at what suit he would have worn (might still wear - or hand down to Laura) in the film proper.

Someone get Slayven on this

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

The line "I'm not who you think I am" that Logan has is in direct response to Laura's costume pestering.

C2i4y50UoAAgvsc.jpg

Fairly certain it's mocked up.

Cover is X-Men Comics Groups Uncanny X-Men 132. Not the same cover as the real Uncanny 132.

edit: missed a shot of the other issue.

0I5gawH.png

Not the real 117 either. But hey, Sauron reference.

moai

i hope they explain what happened in that year and dont go the "poochie went home to his planet" way.

kswiston

C2i4y50UoAAgvsc.jpg

It looks like a mock up to me. Assuming that is Rogue, I don't remember a time when all three (Wolverine, her and Storm) would have looked like that. Unless that's their current look. I am about 2 years out of date on the x-stuff.

C2i4y50UoAAgvsc.jpg

That costume looks like something out of First Class

Pure speculation: he needs to wear it in the finale because it's Kevlar or something, for protection due to his ailing healing factor

kswiston

I'm bothered by her age more than anything. Kids being violent killers is always dumb to me (other than Kick-Ass, which was a parody). Its why I've never liked Damian Wayne.

If they are roughly following the background of X-23 from comics, she was trained as an assassin from birth. Given Sinister is supposed to be in the film, she's obviously still a Wolverine clone in this. This version is younger than the comics version though.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Logan choosing this film of all films to wear his flamboyant yellow costume would seem like a bit too much of a tonal mismatch for me.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Didn't like that the X-Men comics exist in that world though. Would have made a good Deadpool bit but feels weird here.

It's a throwback to getting Patrick Stewart on-board as Professor Xavier.

As it is, I'm not sure how I feel about the blood given we've had like 5-7 movies that didn't feature Logan bathing in blood by stabbing with his claws. Looks good though.

SpaceWolf

Banned
It's a throwback to getting Patrick Stewart on-board as Professor Xavier.

As it is, I'm not sure how I feel about the blood given we've had like 5-7 movies that didn't feature Logan bathing in blood by stabbing with his claws. Looks good though.

There was a fair amount of blood in his scene in X-Men: Apocalypse.

Fury451

Banned
Logan choosing this film of all films to wear his flamboyant yellow costume would seem like a bit too much of a tonal mismatch for me.

It would be a disastrous thing to see on-screen here. His DoFP costume was the closest we need to get to the yellow and blue scheme.

xmen-days-of-future-past-wolverine.png

Besides, they're saving it for when Laura gets her own movie, because she looks better in it anyway.

x-23-is-the-new-wolverine-2.jpg

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Thought we saw em in the first trailer? Like a blurry glimpse in a quick handful of frames?

Not that I'm aware of. Just watched that trailer again and still didn't see them.

Besides, they're saving it for when Laura gets her own movie, because she looks better in it anyway.

x-23-is-the-new-wolverine-2.jpg

This would actually make a lot sense seeing as how she probably idolizes the comic version of Wolverine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom