• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Xbox One Rumors: PS4 PSN > XBL, snap crashes games, ES RAM life long bottleneck

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not suggesting it. I'm just saying it seems like the next course of action.

We've had two threads where the OS is bonkers or whatever. Stands to reason that Commisioner Gordon's law of escalation will come into effect, and there will be murmurs of Xbox One hardware failures now, and potential self-destruction sequences at launch.

Would fit in with all the Al-Qaeda rumours floating around.

Lost it at Al Qaeda rumours.

Will be interesting to see if there are any. Can't help but think that's probably going to be the next big reveal from CBoAT.

This is not surprising after seeing the initial quality of the Xbox 360 hardware. After sending the fourth one back in a coffin, I made the decision not to invest in a Microsoft software ecosystem again.

I sincerely hope there is not a repeat of the RRoD fiasco. Players deserve better than that.

Right on the exact same page with everything said here.

I'm a Sony fanboy by default after that fiasco.

szaromir

Banned
I'm not suggesting it. I'm just saying it seems like the next course of action.

We've had two threads where the OS is bonkers or whatever. Stands to reason that Commisioner Gordon's law of escalation will come into effect, and there will be murmurs of Xbox One hardware failures now, and potential self-destruction sequences at launch.

Would fit in with all the Al-Qaeda rumours floating around.
Whelp. It's a bit ridiculous how GAF (at large) treats every negative Xbone rumor as true. I mean there's been plenty that were true, but there's been plenty that clearly weren't (downclocked GPU, self-published indie games with limited access to hardware resources etc.).

Verendus

Banned
Whelp. It's a bit ridiculous how GAF (at large) treats every negative Xbone rumor as true. I mean there's been plenty that were true, but there's been plenty that clearly weren't (downclocked GPU, self-published indie games with limited access to hardware resources etc.).
Look at the bright side. In about a month's time, you should have to stop dealing with rumours. You're almost out of the blender.

Nachtmaer

Wasn't the downclock rumor just a (false) assumption because people hinted at yield issues?

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Unless the day one patch fixes all these issues, it'd probably be in the best interest for MS to delay the XBOX One until these issues are resolved.

jE5TUcu.png

From JackFrags BF4 gameplay.

You are going to have to point out what's significant about this, I can't see it. :(

Battlelog is up and running on PS4 already.

Xbox One version doesn't seem to be.

szaromir

Banned
Look at the bright side. In about a month's time, you should have to stop dealing with rumours. You're almost out of the blender.
True. On top of that I'm not buying either console this year so day 1 issues are of no concern to me.

Wasn't the downclock rumor just a (false) assumption because people hinted at yield issues?
The rumor was pretty much treated as a fact and the downclock talk permeated into many unrelated threads until the rumor was shot down a couple months later. You'd think GAF would learn not to take every rumor at face value.

Nachtmaer

Those were not the only two possible solutions.

Yeah, chips go through plenty of revisions before the final version gets nailed down. Sure you can lower the clockspeeds to make your chips stay within a certain TDP range and improve yields, but you can also do some minor tweaking. Obviously this takes more time before you can go into full production.

True. On top of that I'm not buying either console this year so day 1 issues are of no concern to me.

The rumor was pretty much treated as a fact and the downclock talk permeated into many unrelated threads until the rumor was shot down a couple months later. You'd think GAF would learn not to take every rumor at face value.

The recent rumors appear to have more "meat on the bone" and the insiders have been pretty accurate with their info lately.

LCfiner

They're the same people who spread those false rumors I listed.

If the rumors had no merit at all, then this thread would have been locked ages ago and the posters likely banned. Mods check up on those who post rumors, asking for sources and confirmation. Making shit up is an easy way to get kicked out.

Plus Kotaku had additional sources confirming issues with the OS pre-launch.

True, after all the hardware shenanigans are over and there's less news cycle of drama & silliness in GAF, you can take off your troll-helmet and start sharing.

Until pre-E3 where everyone gets worked up. again.

Interfectum

Seems like a combo of bad messaging / decisions from MS is to blame instead of "GAF." They have botched so many things with this console reveal that no rumor is too absurd or off the table at this point.

Liamario

Banned
This...this is just sad and utterly cringeworthy. Imagine the mindset of someone who actually believe that their demographic would buy this as non-PR talk...

I just looked at the screenshot and I cringed. I just can't stand Hryb. I don't trust a single word out of his mouth.

QaaQer

Is there anyway to cancel a Microsoft store pre-order without having to phone them?

any company that makes roadblocks in the way of a cancellation is a company I want nothing to do with. And yes, having to call someone in 2013 to cancel an internet order is bullshit.

NISA is another company I wont order through. Having to go into their forums and have another poster explain the cancellation p[rocedure because they have zero information on the store site means I'm never ordering from them again. And that isn't because I want to punish them or anything, I just don't need any of that aggro in my life when there are so many better alternatives.

szaromir

Banned
If the rumors had no merit at all, then this thread would have been locked ages ago and the posters likely banned. Mods check up on those who post rumors, asking for sources and confirmation. Making shit up is an easy way to get kicked out.

Plus Kotaku had additional sources confirming issues with the OS pre-launch.
Did you even bother to read my messages?

Seems like a combo of bad messaging / decisions from MS is to blame instead of "GAF." They have botched so many things with this console reveal that no rumor is too absurd or off the table at this point.
CBOAT who portrays every single internal issue/struggle as doom&gloom for the console doesn't help with messaging either. If Nintendo/Sony had a similar "mole" at the company you'd have a similar perception of a mess of a product.

WRT this specific rumor, it is entirely possible that the OS will be far from perfect at launch, it's not the first time a gaming company would release an underbaked product - WiiU's OS at release was terrible (perhaps still is, I haven't used the console this year), every single Battlefield release is botched, the SimCity debacle earlier this year. But at this point I'd prefer to wait for actual reviews and user opinions before making any judgement.

QaaQer

CBOAT who portrays every single internal issue/struggle as doom&gloom for the console doesn't help with messaging either. If Nintendo/Sony had a similar "mole" at the company you'd have a similar perception of a mess of a product.

Total bullshit. TOTAL.

MS' original plan was maximum monetization of the console which meant killing used games, forced inclusion of kinect, a $500 price, gimped performance, and shifting the focus away from gaming towards TV and integration into the Windows app ecosy;stem.

There is zero reason to believe that Sony was going to do this, and we know Nintendo didn't do anything like that. So even if there was a mole in eeither of those companies, what exactly was he going to be divulging? 8GBs? Driveclub delay? Nintendo releasing weak hardware with a gimmicky controller?

Actually, the paid online is the one thing that could have raised some ire But even that doesn't compare to what MS' braintrust attempted with x1. If there is a perception of the x1 as a mess of a product, that is because it is a mess of a product.

szaromir

Banned
Total bullshit. TOTAL.

MS' original plan was maximum monetization of the console which meant killing used games, forced inclusion of kinect, a $500 price, gimped performance, and shifting the focus away from gaming towards TV and integration into the Windows app ecosy;stem.

There is zero reason to believe that Sony was going to do this, and we know Nintendo didn't do anything like that. So even if there was a mole in eeither of those companies, what exactly was he going to be divulging? 8GBs? Driveclub delay? Nintendo releasing weak hardware with a gimmicky controller?

Actually, the paid online is the one thing that could have raised some ire But even that doesn't compare to what MS' braintrust attempted with x1. If there is a perception of the x1 as a mess of a product, that is because it is a mess of a product.
Let's wait until PS4 releases. As far as WiiU goes, just imagine if someone was revealing the abysmal state of the OS before the console's launch or how multiplatform games would perform on the platform before it was out etc. It would render Nintendo's marketing job pre-release a lot more difficult.

As far as the things that you listed as negative of Xbox One, they're not inherently negative, just something not for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom