• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Zelda U/NX artwork + E3 plans

Jarsonot

I'd love to see a dual-protagonist story. Link obviously from whatever forested backwater place he's from, living in some treehouse, and Zelda in a castle.
Awesome.

Yeah. There's an older movie called Ladyhawke (or something) where a man and a woman are cursed. Don't remember the details exactly but something like by day the man was human the woman was a hawk, by night the woman was human the man was a wolf. I was pretty little, don't remember (easily googled, I'm sure) but you get the idea.

It would let them have more than one playable character, different play styles, and also there's your story. Break the curse. Boom.

7iLb88Z.gif

lol Why does that dudes eyes look so bloodshot....is he high....has he been drinking..... This is truly the mystery WE need to figure out..

Not some silly mystery about Links gender. LOL

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I'd rather get a solo Zelda game first, but I would gladly take a game with both as the protagonist if they could pull it off well enough.

I feel like I would prefer them being together most of the game and no on two separate adventures though. I generally hate games where you are playing as one character, hit a certain point, and boom sorry time to be this person now. Spirit Tracks but with both being playable at all times could be really cool if pulled off right. Having two playable characters you can swap between could make for some really interesting bosses and puzzles.

Tier List for Most Boring Zelda Discussions:

Top Tier
The Timeline
Is Link Boy or Girl
Dark Souls tho
Why Cant Zelda Games Look Like Old LttP Art

High Tier
Voice Acting
something something Zelda 1 exploration something something
How Boring Will the Opening Be THIS time
But waiT...can I do dungeons in different order tho

Mid Tier
Combat
Puzzles
Sidequests

Low Tier
Can I play as Zeruda
Aonuma
Music
Groose

Zelda-Gaf has become impossibly boring. I can't begin to describe how tired I am of clicking on Zelda threads only to find them lost deep into endless gender discussions. There has to be more Zelda fans in here who don't give a shit about this.
I've already voice how I don't care and it's about the game world I want to see.

AdanVC

Yeah this thread needs more Tingle and baby who sells you things from Twilight Princess discussions. I hope they appear on the new game.

Meesh

3 days to E3 without a Nintendo bingo and hype train image is weird :/ I really hope Zelda blows me away.
I'm in the same boat. I haven't been truly amazed by a game in awhile, it'd be refreshing to finally have a "wow" moment. With so much Zelda at E3 I'm really hoping this is the time.

-Horizon-

We're doing the whole gender discussion thing again? We've had like 4 full threads of this!

I mean, I like the discussion and all but it always goes around in circles with the same points made:

1. Person A says Link could be female.
  2. Person B says Link is male
  3. Person A says all Links known so far are male, next one could be female
  4. Person B says Link is a character, not a concept, use Linkle
  5. Person A points out Linkle is not Link, seperate characters
  6. Person B is okay with multiple characters for diversity, recomends playable Zelda
  7. Person A says playing as Zelda'd be cool but they want Female Link since Links are different characters
  8. Person B mentions all Links being reincarnations of the Hero
  9. Person A responds with Wind Waker and Twilight Princess as proof of this not being true, and points out that reincarnation does not necesarily mean same gender.
  10. Person B says that Link is a character from Marketing stand-point, mentions Smash Bros.
  11. Person A suggests that next Smash could just have gender options, marketing still uses male version.
  12. Person B argues that the stories of the Zelda games wouldn't make sense if Link was a boy.
  13. Person A points out that barring a few games (i.e. Wind Waker) most plots are gender neutral barring pronouns
And it goes on, and on. People join the discussion in the middle, arguing points that have already been made, people misuse the term "Hero of Time" as if that's the catch all term for the Hero, others bring the non-canonical Skyward Sword manga, I bring out the image of the Hero Spirit concept art from Twilight Princes where it's female, someone joins the discussion by just saying point 1 again and it starts all over again.

Actually that sounds fun, can we do that? I'll start:

Link could be female.

EDIT:

Imagine this before OoT... "What would be the point for Zelda to dress up as a male ninja? It wouldn't make any sense at all."
If the plot is written in a way that calls for it, it absolutely can make sense.

Pretty much

I love Zelda games. But the community, oh boy.

Artwork looks very much like SS.

But I wouldn't mind if we got a SS-styled game in HD. The Wii really held that game back graphically. Wii U could really bring that art style to fruition.

takriel

Are we still discussing about gender options? Jesus we really need some solid info on this game... Tuesday can't come soon enough.

I'm tired of this topic tbh. The most likely scenario I can see is that we have a choice to play as male or female Link, and Link's gender is irrelevant for the story. The end.

Knowing Nintendo, probably.
What does this even mean? Why is Nintendo constantly being picked on? No other company makes empty open world games? Did you even play Xenoblade?

I'm tired of these comments that keep saying "Nintendo is Nintendo, knowing Nintendo it must be true", as if every other company lays a golden egg.

Calvero

Banned
What does this even mean? Why is Nintendo constantly being picked on? No other company makes empty open world games? Did you even play Xenoblade?

I'm tired of these comments that keep saying "Nintendo is Nintendo, knowing Nintendo it must be true", as if every other company lays a golden egg.

ehh, every company gets picked on a bunch. but yeah, i don't get that post either. though i'm pretty sure it was a joke too, considering my post.

Mory Dunz

I don't think it looks that much like Skyward Sword's art.
There are some stylistic differences

the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-20100615103809500_640w.jpg

SS has that watercolor style with faded colors.
Zelda U seems more strokey (?) with clear brush definitions of beginnings and endings. And bold colors

Well, unless you're comparing Zelda U art to something like this:

then yes. Yes it looks like Skyward Sword lol

I think it was a joke

I don't think it looks that much like Skyward Sword's art.
There are some stylistic differences

the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-20100615103809500_640w.jpg

SS has that watercolor style with faded colors.
Zelda U seems more strokey (?) with clear brush definitions of beginnings and endings. And bold colors

Well, unless you're comparing Zelda U art to something like this:

then yes. Yes it looks like Skyward Sword lol

I think it was a joke

Sorry, it doesn't come off as a joke. I can't tell when someone is joking or not. Considering you see posts like that a lot in Nintendo topics you can't blame me for thinking it wasn't a joke.

Top Tier
The Timeline
Is Link Boy or Girl
Dark Souls tho

High Tier
Voice Acting

Mid Tier
Combat
Puzzles
Sidequests

Low Tier
Can I play as Zeruda
Aonuma
Music
Groose
What about discussing health and safety concerns in the Zelda worlds? The baker in Minish Cap would jam giant hard stones in his bread, which is just insane to me. Some poor schmuck could break all their teeth by trying to chomp down on some Hylian bread.

Shiggy

What about discussing health and safety concerns in the Zelda worlds? The baker in Minish Cap would jam giant hard stones in his bread, which is just insane to me. Some poor schmuck could break all their teeth by trying to chomp down on some Hylian bread.

That's actually more interesting than most other Zelda discussions these days. I am also wondering why Link never needs to brush his teeth.

Something's wrong. My hype isn't what it should be. I want more.

I should have been 4 days away from an NX reveal right now.

I love Zelda and it'll be great to see but deep down I'll know there's a better version under lock and key that they aren't ready to show yet.

dtm808

Something's wrong. My hype isn't what it should be. I want more.

I should have been 4 days away from an NX reveal right now.

I love Zelda and it'll be great to see but deep down I'll know there's a better version under lock and key that they aren't ready to show yet.

You may be 4 days away from the reveal of the reveal of the NX :O !!! lol

Knowing Nintendo, probably.

You know nothing. Nintendo changed a lot of games in the last few years. Their main Mario games are all very different from each other and still feel familiar. If they really wanna do an open world game...they can. Just because Twilight Princess was a little bit empty 10 years ago it doesnt mean this game will be the same.

CPCunha

Man I just dreamt of playing this game with my brother last night.

Absolutely can not wait.

Had a dream about it too... was playing the game thinking how weird was it that reviewers crushed it and i had tears in my eyes from a scene i was watching... it's going to be 10 long months...

Edit: I'll drop dead in joy if the fanfare kicks in and something like "The Legend of Zelda : The Book of Sheikah" shows up...

MuchoMalo

Banned

Top Tier
The Timeline
Is Link Boy or Girl
Dark Souls tho

High Tier
Voice Acting

Mid Tier
Combat
Puzzles
Sidequests

Low Tier
Can I play as Zeruda
Aonuma
Music
Groose

You forgot about jump button

Galang

Banned
Are people expecting ganondorf in this title or do we have no idea? Not very knowledgeable with the series, but I hope they give her a new antagonist to fight like the last title. Ghiriham was really cool.

I just realized by reading the two threads about Zelda, There's going to be so much disappointment. Everyone is asking for a different game that theres no way everyone is going to universally like what they show.

I think those leaks have gone from hopfullys to expectations for Zelda U.

KingBroly

Banned
I just realized by reading the two threads about Zelda, There's going to be so much disappointment. Everyone is asking for a different game that theres no way everyone is going to universally like what they show.

I think those leaks have gone from hopfullys to expectations for Zelda U.

Duh? It's been that way for a while.

Top Bottom