• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next gen consoles graphics are really disappointed until now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Msamy

After 3 years I really can't find any game that takes full advantage of next gen consoles graphics power except (hfw burning shores for a little) and yes I know that gameplay are very important but graphics are important also ,specially when we have machines that can do a lot more , here is some pictures of games demo's & fanmade games which running in my mobile in real-time (in 1080p and 60 fps ) which have gpu with half teraflops power of base ps4,( imagine if developers take full advantage of ps5 and x series x what they can do).
ZD1CTYD.jpg
WSk9LmP.jpg
GPvBKXM.jpg
poVHFFW.jpg
AHDrsDo.jpg
bxThWlP.jpg
4gV1Fe4.jpg
GOjW3tm.jpg
hS0ljYg.jpg
pFZ4qQS.jpg
RpbSYLe.jpg
ngDJJvw.jpg
BLUlvys.jpg
fuQeuKa.jpg
PnuFIq8.jpg
j0yW2QF.jpg

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I personally couldn't care less, at this point I care faaaaaar more about aesthetic over having high tech graphics. My bigger problem is most so called "net gen" graphics always going toward photo realism and making characters design dull and ugly, so its hard for me get excited for so called "net gen graphics".

TotK give me most wow factor more than any other games with expensive graphics.

Last edited:
Because they spent all the power on resolution and frame rate. 720p to 1080p is a little more than 100% increase. 1080p to 4k is 300% increase. And afaik this generation has the smallest increase in GPU power to begin with. I’m sure things will improve once developers get comfortable with the new systems though, especially with the SSDs.

Msamy

Because they spent all the power on resolution and frame rate. 720p to 1080p is a little more than 100% increase. 1080p to 4k is 300% increase. And afaik this generation has the smallest increase in GPU power to begin with. I’m sure things will improve once developers get comfortable with the new systems though, especially with the SSDs.
I understand what you saying but ps5 have almost 1p times tera flops power than ps4 and have ray tracing and ssd technology and most games ( even cross gen ones )until now can't played at native 4k 30fps in next gen consoles , the problem have alot more to do with developers than next gen machine's because it's More than capable enough.

Kataploom

Gold Member
A Plague Tale Innocence already pushed last gen to it's limits and Requiem looks miles ahead, borderline photorealistic sometimes, the beach section blew my mind when I first saw it honestly

Go_Ly_Dow

Timestamped to the DF guys saying how the pursuit for high end graphics is hurting games essentially. I agree with them

Screw graphics! For most developers, pretty graphics mean compromises elsewhere, such as technical performance, game design, game scope, focus away from story and gameplay systems.

Tears of the Kingdom leading the way.

Msamy

Timestamped to the DF guys saying how the pursuit for high end graphics is hurting games essentially. I agree with them

Screw graphics! For most developers, pretty graphics mean compromises elsewhere, such as technical performance, game design, game scope, focus away from story and gameplay systems.

Tears of the Kingdom leading the way.

I am not telling that graphics are more important than gameplay, what i am saying that next gen consoles have a big graphics power that can do amazing graphics without affects other game elements and 99% of developers not even trying to take full advantage of this consoles

Last edited:
Most of this pictures are from full reall games and small part are from game demos
"Demos" or vertical slice.

looking at the images. I would say that "graphics" in this case is more
like illumination.

just wait until sony's showcase let see what they show
I am not telling that graphics are more important than gameplay, what i am saying that next gen consoles have a big graphics power that can do amazing graphics without affects other game elements and 99% of developers not even trying to take full advantage of this consoles
yet

Last edited:
Disingenuous console war bait post with manipualted bullshots.
Genuine quesrion: when was the last time you had your eyes checked? My eyesight is pretty bad and I can spot the difference immediatelly
elGo3oO.png
Gg0ZINo.png
AY8gkwo.png
43aGDUw.png
89FSLmY.png
1bmlWS4.png

RA looks generally the same as 2016 but somewhat more detailed but it's not that big of a difference. Now compare 2016 to Into the Nexus from 2013, the graphical leap is groundbreaking on every level and instantly pre-dates ITN whereas R&C 2016 still holds up incredibly well today.

I got my eyes checked(as well as got my first set of glasses) in April 2021, two months before I played Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart.

Last edited:

Luipadre

RA looks generally the same as 2016 but somewhat more detailed but it's not that big of a difference. Now compare 2016 to Into the Nexus from 2013, the graphical leap is groundbreaking on every level and instantly pre-dates ITN whereas R&C 2016 still holds up incredibly well today.

I got my eyes checked(as well as got my first set of glasses) in April 2021, two months before I played Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart.
wtf are those screenshots lmao. You cant be serious with that

Last edited by a moderator:

saintjules

My bigger problem is most so called "net gen" graphics always going toward photo realism and making characters design dull and ugly, so its hard for me get excited for so called "net gen graphics".

Inclined to agree here. And honestly the photo realism stuff I think can only be done well with a game like The Matrix or FPS games like COD. Seeing a JRPG with photorealism would make it weird imo.

Msamy

"Demos" or vertical slice.

looking at the images. I would say that "graphics" in this case is more
like illumination.

just wait until sony's showcase let see what they show

yet
Some are full games and some are a vertical slices as you said, and yes I am waiting for that sony showcase maybe we finally see some amazing things

Sleepwalker

I expected better ngl, but I also understand that the current generation of consoles isn't really as powerful as marketing would have you believe in 2020. 3 years is also a ton of time tech wise anyway so its no wonder pro consoles are supposedly on the way.

I personally couldn't care less, at this point I care faaaaaar more about aesthetic over having high tech graphics. My bigger problem is most so called "net gen" graphics always going toward photo realism and making characters design dull and ugly, so its hard for me get excited for so called "net gen graphics".

TotK isn't doing anything impressive graphical, performance or even artistic style, outside of being massive and running at all on Switch hardware.

It's a good game, but it isn't a graphical powerhouse in any sense. I could see you feeling this way about something like Cuphead, but TotK looks like a hundred other games.

GHG

elGo3oO.png
Gg0ZINo.png
AY8gkwo.png
43aGDUw.png
89FSLmY.png
1bmlWS4.png

You are not a serious guy.

Where did you find those screenshots and what do you think you're gaining bullshitting like this?

Danjin44

TotK isn't doing anything impressive graphical, performance or even artistic style, outside of being massive and running at all on Switch hardware.

It's a good game, but it isn't a graphical powerhouse in any sense. I could see you feeling this way about something like Cuphead, but TotK looks like a hundred other games.
I highly disagree, I fucking LOOOVE the aesthetics of TotK and I also never said it graphical power house, I give rat ass about at all. I just love its visual design.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
You are not a serious guy.

Where did you find those screenshots and what do you think you're gaining bullshitting like this?
There was a troll that used to do the same thing with R&C several years ago and was banned. Trying to remember his name.

GHG

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
One of the millions of meirl alts.

Kevin Hart GIF by PeacockTV

There was another one of then that used to go hard in the paint with that game using the same 360p imgur cropped and all over the place sized photos.

Last edited:

Romulus

The problem with this is you can have both.

The worst part about this is TotK is great game running on the worst hardware by miles.

At least the framerate will be addressed on steam deck and ROG in the coming weeks.

Filben

Demon's Souls and Rift Apart and Burning Shores look way better than any game could have on previous consoles. That's for me the definition of next gen. And for that it looks brilliant.

Danjin44

The problem with this is you can have both.
People keep saying that and yet I’m not getting that with so called high tech graphics. So what their excuse? They both budget and working with powerful system and they make static open world for eye candy so you can take screenshots to show off of how high tech the textures are.

Last edited:

SABRE220

Well the sad reality is most of the newer releases arent even 4k not even close most of these games are at most 1440p native with reconstruction and they still aren't delivering...the gpu increase is actually bigger than the increase from xbox 360 to xbox one etc. The ps3/xbox360 were around 350gflops and the xbox one was a 4x jump with a pathetic cpu and low bandwidth and it still delivered a massive upgrade and a clear gen differntial showcase. Meanwhile these consoles have a 10x gpu upgrade from xbox one to xbox series x, a massive cpu upgrade good bandwidth and they are delivering fuck all in terms of tech showcases gen to gen....there are so many excuses we have used for the devs. Its pixels wasted on 4k, 60fps, covid, unrealistic expectations but the truth is devs just arent innovating and have no incentive to push tech anymore.

Gamers demanded tech advancements something to justify the purchase of their new console, the console competition necessitated tech showcases and innovation on that front. This gen post covid gamers have become conditioned to accept the laziest efforts from devs who will pass off last gen remakes as technical next gen showcases with tags like "made to harness the consoles power" etc and they will be praised from the reviewers and any critiscism will be drowned out by fanboys and other devs as if its an affront to even demand anything more or to even question the product....which basically led to this shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom