• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruben43cb

This is pretty much my biggest concern with all of the PS5 > XSX 'leaks'. That would seem like a monumental misstep for Microsoft. I just don't see it after the X1X and all of their messaging about Power.

I feel you. Love my xbox one x.

Really hope xsx brings the power with some new games and gamepass

OsirisBlack

Banned
Osiris, how would you compare what you saw to this latest Unity showcase?...

The main Character and environment look much more realistic in the vertical slice. Could have to do with setting and lighting. As good as the guy looks in this video he looks kind of like a cg character where as Main guy just looks real. Again it could just be the realistic setting and lighting in the slice.

When he shared PS5 specs, L1 cache numbers were not compatible with RDNA GPU.
The Remedy part has already been explained to you by another member. It's publicly traded, so if it had been bought by Sony we would have already heard about it by now,
He shares noise comparisons between devkits which are not representative of noise levels in final consoles.

He doesn't look reliable at all.

Yep, and he only added the Housemarque and Techland bits after the rumours started, not before. $100 loss is spurious too. It's like an amalgamation of rumours he's heard i.e a crock of shit.

SCFC_

Banned
Just need to remind you things that i said before for the last time\
GPU: PS5>SeX ~10%
RayTracing Accelerators: PS5>X1 (PS5's RT works by using acceleration structures and algorithms much like nVidia's RTX cores)
CPU: Sex>PS5 ~ 6%
Memory: PS5>Sex for the size and bandwidth
SSD: PS5>Sex ~ Over twice as fast (this is the biggest and most noticable difference)
Fan noise (Dev-Kit): Sex>PS5 (not as egregious 1x vs. Pro).

BTW it's up to you believe me or not, but things gonna be clear very soon and you will find out who knows and who knows shit.

Bonus?
Remedy and Housemarque have been in Sony's WWS family for a while now!

Techland belongs to MS now!
The reason Techland delayed Dying Light 2 is because it ran so poorly on the base Xbox One but yeah Techland is Microsoft now. Remedy and Housemargue are in the final stages of being required by Sony, it’s not a done deal just yet.

The main Character and environment look much more realistic in the vertical slice. Could have to do with setting and lighting. As good as the guy looks in this video he looks kind of like a cg character where as Main guy just looks real. Again it could just be the realistic setting and lighting in the slice.

Osiris. What do you think of Tommy's information?

ethomaz

Banned
I bought the 20GB model at launch. And I never had a problem playing a single game. The only major thing it was missing was WiFi. And since WiFi is for chumps, and I'm not a chump, I didn't miss it. :)

Had the HDD not been user replaceable, that might have been a concern. But when it came time to upgrade, it took all of five minutes.
GT5 for example couldn’t be updated in 20GB drive.
You can still play it offline.

Last edited:

DJ12

he said Remedy was secretly taken over by Sony a while ago. Remedy is publicly traded and it seems Finish law states you have to publicly disclose a majot change like that in the company.

so that's fucking weird to say the least
It says MAYBE required. Not IS or any other definitive. Much like most comments about the consoles, it's vague.

Zefros

Neo Member
Was it stated by osiris or tommy that the reveal would be an event? Or revealed thru state of play?

For all we know the reveal could be thru state of play, and that must mean no press invites would be required...

I think it's gonna be a state of play reveal, and a long one, probably 1-2 hours were we get to hear HW details, the box and game announcements.

Or i cpuld be wrong and we get a press conference.

DaGwaphics

If xbox comes in weaker then who knows where MS head is at

Too late to go get studios and damage control. That was supposed to be this generation.

They need to come out swinging and keep showing new games. But the box has gotta have an edge or there is no reason to "switch sides" for the ps4 folks.

I've always had both consoles. But if xsx is indeed weaker even I may just go the PC and ps5 route. And I love xbox... (love both)

Had a switch but zzzz for me. The nostalgia gets me everytime then I get their new console and play an hour and zzzz

Havnt been excited about PC upgrading for a while and I am getting more and more pumped. When the big boy cards come out at 20Tflop+ it is going to be awesome

Time will tell....

That's such an insane position, I don't know where to start. You aren't out of the game because you aren't the most powerful. LOL

I doubt either of these boxes is getting completely outclassed by the competition, and that's what it takes to create a major shift. What's important is the value proposition offered by the consoles. This includes everything from the base unit price, to game prices/bundles/services, availability and cost of additional storage etc. The idea that the battle is one or lost based on a raw performance metric isn't sound.

Shmunter

Dam Son.gif

farmerboy

If the vertical slice looks "better" than this, even just in parts, then I'm all in on next gen.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
after hellblade 2, this heretic demo doesnt even look that impressive.

im expecting sony studios, rockstar, rocksteady and kojipro to have better character models than hellblade 2 let alone this heretic demo.

the game you saw, was it a ps5 exclusive?

Just need to remind you things that i said before for the last time\
GPU: PS5>SeX ~10%
RayTracing Accelerators: PS5>X1 (PS5's RT works by using acceleration structures and algorithms much like nVidia's RTX cores)
CPU: Sex>PS5 ~ 6%
Memory: PS5>Sex for the size and bandwidth
SSD: PS5>Sex ~ Over twice as fast (this is the biggest and most noticable difference)
Fan noise (Dev-Kit): Sex>PS5 (not as egregious 1x vs. Pro).

BTW it's up to you believe me or not, but things gonna be clear very soon and you will find out who knows and who knows shit.

Bonus?
Remedy and Housemarque have been in Sony's WWS family for a while now!

Techland belongs to MS now!
I vote for this man to be nailed to a cross if he is wrong on any of the above.

And yet again "SOON". For the love of all that is holy, WTF does that even mean anymore? Been hearing SOON for weeks now. How SOON is SOON ????

Gimme a date goddamnit

devilNprada

When he shared PS5 specs, L1 cache numbers were not compatible with RDNA GPU.
The Remedy part has already been explained to you by another member. It's publicly traded, so if it had been bought by Sony we would have already heard about it by now,
He shares noise comparisons between devkits which are not representative of noise levels in final consoles.

He doesn't look reliable at all.

You said he has been proven wrong show the quote and show the proof... Back up what you say man.

Ruben43cb

That's such an insane position, I don't know where to start. You aren't out of the game because you aren't the most powerful. LOL

I doubt either of these boxes is getting completely outclassed by the competition, and that's what it takes to create a major shift. What's important is the value proposition offered by the consoles. This includes everything from the base unit price, to game prices/bundles/services, availability and cost of additional storage etc. The idea that the battle is one or lost based on a raw performance metric isn't sound.

Actually MS lost ground on the xbox this generation. And the entire time failed to deliver on promises. So if they come out with a weaker piece of hardware you better know every kid and their neighbor is going to be talking about it. And PSN will run every ad with how they are more powerful.

Yes all those things you mentioned matter. But not so much when you have barely any games. (Compared to psn massive exclusive list)... and ori doesnt count

They needto not only bring the games they need to bring the edge on the console front.

If their system is weaker and the games are on PC then why would anyone buy a xbox?

I'm a huge xbox fan. Gamepass and their entire online interface is better than psn in my opinion. But if they make a weaker box with their track hx... no thx my 500-600 will go towards a nice GPU alongside my ps5. And hey... MS still wins there :)

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Actually MS lost ground on the xbox this generation. And the entire time failed to deliver on promises. So if they come out with a weaker piece of hardware you better know every kid and their neighbor is going to be talking about it. And PSN will run every ad with how they are more powerful.

Yes all those things you mentioned matter. But not so much when you have barely any games. (Compared to psn massive exclusive list)... and ori doesnt count

They needto not only bring the games they need to bring the edge on the console front.

If their system is weaker and the games are on PC then why would anyone buy a xbox?

I'm a huge xbox fan. Gamepass and their entire online interface is better than psn in my opinion. But if they make a weaker box with their track hx... no thx my 500-600 will go towards a nice GPU alongside my ps5. And hey... MS still wins there :)

The whole "games are on PC so why buy an Xbox argument" is a silly sonypony thing. Realistically, console buyers don't have PCs that can match a console in performance. In the scheme of things, a very small % of PCs are game ready, and that's just the way it is (90% of PC sales are now laptops with IGPs).

Sony is solidly in pole position, I expect them to remain there. MS will be focused on increasing their numbers, whether or not they can do that will not be determined by a 10 or 15% performance deficit. The whole package will matter more.

Last edited:

RasAlGhoul

The whole "games are on PC so why buy an Xbox argument" is a silly sonypony thing. Realistically, console buyers don't have PCs that can match a console in performance. In the scheme of things, a very small % of PCs are game ready, and that's just the way it is (90% of PC sales are now laptops with IGPs).

Sony is solidly in pole position, I expect them to remain there. MS will be focused on increasing their numbers, whether or not they can do that will not be determined by a 10 or 15% performance deficit. The whole package will matter more.

I’m one of those silly sonyponies that doesn’t own an Xbox because I can play their games on pc.

Brudda26

Tommy Fisher Tommy Fisher
Guess you famous now huh
OHnGHNG.jpg

Last edited:

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Things are heating up. We've got Drunkcat, and to some degree Matt and Heisenberg suggesting XSX will be top dog.
We've then got Klee, Osiris, Tommy and some other chatter that PS5 will be top dog.

Here we go!

I don’t know about Matt all that much, I don’t buy into what Drunkcat says. Heisenberg, if I remember did guess that Xbox might be more powerful in flops.. but.. if I remember correctly... he also said they were close enough to each other to be almost the same.

johnjohn

I don’t know about Matt all that much, I don’t buy into what Drunkcat says. Heisenberg, if I remember did guess that Xbox might be more powerful in flops.. but.. if I remember correctly... he also said they were close enough to each other to be almost the same.
So far every "insider" has said they're extremely close. And the only ones that are actually trustworthy (Matt and Schreier) have said the same thing.
Wait.. Tommy claimed it's clocked at 2.0ghz... lmao

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom