• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawarMiran

Banned
Consoles are holding back every multi release on PC. This won't change until there isn't a huge discrepancy in hardware between the two. This generation will shorten the gap by a good bit, as consoles won't have a Fisher-Price cpu such as the Jaguar. I'm hopeful in that sense, but i can only dream...
Nobody is holding back developers. Hunt:Showdown is PC exclusive. Are consoles holding back Crytek on that game? Consoles give developers a baseline to push boundaries and be profitable. There was a reason "but can it run Crysis" became a meme.

Nobody is holding back developers. Hunt:Showdown is PC exclusive. Are consoles holding back Crytek on that game? Consoles give developers a baseline to push boundaries and be profitable. There was a reason "but can it run Crysis" became a meme.
You do realize developers make more money to develop for all 3 platforms, rather than just one, right? If you only develop for one platform, you are dealing only to a limited group of people. This is why you see Xbox games going to pc, playstation exclusives, going to pc. Crysis set the standard for games back in it's day, but as soon as the devs realized they can sell much more, to 3 crowds of people, vs a single crowd, they jumped to it. Downgraded everything to make more money. And I understand, business is business. But until consoles can compete with pc's, games will continue to be held back. I'm hoping this year changes things, but with everything released so far, I'm a little doubtful.

Imtjnotu

I didn’t like the explorable areas in 4. They felt unnecessary and forced. I also didn’t like the tone; too serious IMO. It also didn’t help that the gunplay was bad, to be fair UC has never had good gunplay.
True. I've played it for the overly done action and amazing set pieces if I'm being honest. 2 was still my favorite Ps3 game besides gow 3 and vanquish

How about you wait and see what developers do with the SSD next-gen? And all that for presumably 500 dollars. Look I have a gaming PC, but I only get exited for a new generation of Consoles. You ask why? Because I get rock hard when I see games like HZD and God of War. I don't give a fuck about how much resolution or fps I can get for a multiplat on my PC. I am excited for the level of execution and polish they give me with Console exclusives. Example of comparable titles. Uncharted 4 and Tomb Raider. Tomb Raider is the little bitch of UC4. Laras animation when she is running in the last game looks like she could be in the paralympics.
True, the motion capture, animation and faces of Playstation exclusives really is something else. That's what keeps making me impressed compared to multiplats and PC titles.

Brudda26

Me waking up to find there hasn't been a single leak giving us new information
Dee7FJ7.jpg

yes. Check Phil spencers Twitter page.i believe his current profile pic has a 405mm2 die which should house 60-70cus at relatively low clocks of 1.45 ghz to hit 12 tflops.

No, you can't hit 12TF at 1.45GHz. That gets you 10.39TF. Also, supposing the die can fit 60-70CUs, 4 will be disabled and those others will probably be used towards ray-tracing cores exclusively. That would leave 56 "regular" CUs, so those at 1450MHz won't get anywhere near 12TF.

....we talking 'bout the XSX APU, right?

Last edited:

Zannegan

So console runs two game sat the same time? Yeah....
Sounds to me more like, if you're watching Netflix or doing something else relatively low-power, then it can start the game up in the background for you (and warn you that you have the wrong disk inserted likely as not).

Still kind of a weird idea, and rife for trolling, though you'ld probably be able to block it.

Armorian

Banned
I personally don’t need that... who does?

I don't think it's even possible, unless it's only main menu or something.

Sounds to me more like, if you're watching Netflix or doing something else relatively low-power, then it can start the game up in the background for you (and warn you that you have the wrong disk inserted likely as not).

Still kind of a weird idea, and rife for trolling, though you'ld probably be able to block it.

Yeah, it's even weirder for physical games.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

So it doesn't matter whether I'm verified or not. You can't accept 1080-1080Ti performance for some reason. You want an actual TFLOP number which is useless when gauging performance. You don't like my comments that the PC GPUs are more powerful and next-gen consoles are already behind. Another fact because everyone dismissed Jensen's exact same comment. And you don't want to accept that top PS exclusives are coming to PC and will look better than the PS platform. All facts, and because I deliver these facts, I'm ignored or pushed aside. There you have it!

This. This is why people won't listen to you.

You keep trying to tell us that a 500-600$ console won't be able to compete with a 4000$ PC monster, as if we don't already know that. We. Know.

We're trying to speculate how much more powerful a PS5 and a Series X will be compared to last gen consoles, what kind of leaps in AI and asset-loading the new CPUs and SSDs will bring, and all you keep parroting about is how much behind consoles are to PCs (neglecting the fact that SSDs becoming the norm in console gaming may benefit PCs immensely). We don't care about PCs, we care about consoles. In this thread at least.

You're like that guy in a group of friends who talk about the new cars they're going to get and how much better they're going to be from their old cars, and he keeps saying "My uncle's Ferrari is already faster than any of the cars you're going to buy". And you wonder why people don't like you?

Then, reeking of fanboyism, you're trying to tell us that a PC port of Horizon Zero Dawn on the PC *could* look better than Horizon 2 on the PS5. At best, PC Horizon Zero Dawn is going to look sharper and faster than the PS4 version (yes, it could do much more than that, but it won't). And if the PS5 takes solid advantage of its hardware when BC'ing PS4 games, it may play HZD on it just as well as a PC.

Heisenberg is an insider who claims that Series X is a little stronger than the PS5. Do you see the PS fanboys attacking him in any way, shape or form? No. Because his approach is objective, and not meant to start wars. He's not biased. Unlike you, who always, ALWAYS try to portray himself as being objective by calling his statements as facts. All. The fucking. Time. To quote Tywin Lannister, 'Anyone who needs to say "I am the King", is no true king.'

Last edited:

You keep trying to tell us that a 500-600$ console won't be able to compete with a 4000$ PC monster, as if we don't already know that. We. Know.

We're trying to speculate how much more powerful a PS5 and a Series X will be compared to last gen consoles, what kind of leaps in AI and asset-loading the new CPUs and SSDs will bring, and all you keep parroting about is how much behind consoles are to PCs (neglecting the fact that SSDs becoming the norm in console gaming may benefit PCs immensely). We don't care about PCs, we care about consoles. In this thread at least.

You're like that guy in a group of friends who talk about the new cars they're going to get and how much better they're going to be from their old cars, and he keeps saying "My uncle's Ferrari is already faster than any of the cars you're going to buy". And you wonder why people don't like you?

Then, reeking of fanboyism, you're trying to tell us that a PC port of Horizon Zero Dawn on the PC *could* look better than Horizon 2 on the PS5. At best, PC Horizon Zero Dawn is going to look sharper and faster than the PS4 version (yes, it could do much more than that, but it won't). And if the PS5 takes solid advantage of its hardware when BC'ing PS4 games, it may play HZD on it just as well as a PC.

Heisenberg is an insider who claims that Series X is a little stronger than the PS5. Do you see the PS fanboys attacking him in any way, shape or form? No. Because his approach is objective, and not meant to start wars. He's not biased. Unlike you, who always, ALWAYS try to portray himself as being objective by calling his statements as facts. All. The fucking. Time. To quote Tywin Lannister, 'Anyone who needs to say "I am the King", is no true king.'
The reason people dont listen to him is that he constantly changes his info. On RE he said consoles are around 1080 performance then after reveal of xsx he started saying between 1080 to 1080ti which is 7.5 tf to 12 tf.
And if you want him to show his pc side just say an exclusive on a console looks amazing .its like u burn his soul haha

HawarMiran

Banned
vqeo1JG.jpg

vqeo1JG.jpg

vqeo1JG.jpg

Heisenberg is an insider who claims that Series X is a little stronger than the PS5. Do you see the PS fanboys attacking him in any way, shape or form? No. Because his approach is objective, and not meant to start wars. He's not biased. Unlike you, who always, ALWAYS try to portray himself as being objective by calling his statements as facts. All. The fucking. Time. To quote Tywin Lannister,
wtf I don't know what happened. Will never reply using my phone again. Thiy was the first time 😂

Last edited:

Lort

Banned
The reason people dont listen to him is that he constantly changes his info. On RE he said consoles are around 1080 performance then after reveal of xsx he started saying between 1080 to 1080ti which is 7.5 tf to 12 tf.
And if you want him to show his pc side just say an exclusive on a console looks amazing .its like u burn his soul haha

The standard 1080 is 8.9 tf and 1080ti is 11.3 which is what about what a lot of leaks have said.

Last edited:

Yoboman

Can ray tracing tech be used for other things besides lighting and audio? Eg physics simulations, water, sand , hair etc.?

Is it essentially a processor dedicated to physics processing?

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Lmaooooo what a fucking circus this is 🤣

keighley is like the mega-be all end all of all insiders, but I don’t think his statement was an actual shoot down of the feb event. Just a statement that there’s a lot of bad rumors, which is true.

SNPlayen

Lmaooooo what a fucking circus this is 🤣

keighley is like the mega-be all end all of all insiders, but I don’t think his statement was an actual shoot down of the feb event. Just a statement that there’s a lot of bad rumors, which is true.

The guy specifically asked about 5th Feb and he shot that one down

Last edited:

Dilusha117

Neo Member
I'm new to the forums. So I can't tell who's the real insider and who's not. But I'm pretty sure most of them are just pretending to be insiders. Almost all of them are.

And everyone's a gangster until Sony and Microsoft reveal their actual info. :messenger_halo:

Brudda26

Just a thought when everyone was speculating about sony and E3. Sony came out and said we wont be attending E3. Now everyone's talking about a February event and they definitely know it's the talk of the town and fully aware we are expecting one. They havent denied a February event happening yet.

thelastword

Banned
Also he claims Horizon 1 on PC will look better than Horizon 2 on PS5 :messenger_grinning_squinting:
Really??? Surely that can't be true?...….Horizon 1 has not been officially announced on PC yet and if VFX said that it would mean he's also seen Horizon 2 on PS5...…...I cant imagine in what world HZ1 created around 1.84TF is going to look better than Horizon 2 built on probably 12+TF, 16thread CPU, Fast SSD etc....why? because a would be HZ1 port is now 4K on PC? That would be a real bad claim, no insider would say that surely.....

Armorian

Banned
Really??? Surely that can't be true?...….Horizon 1 has not been officially announced on PC yet and if VFX said that it would mean he's also seen Horizon 2 on PC...…...I cant imagine in what world HZ2 created around 1.84TF is going to look better than Horizon 2 built on probably 12+TF, 16thread CPU, Fast SSD etc....why? because a would be HZ1 port is now 4K on PC? That would be a real bad claim, no insider would say that surely.....

Horizon port will just look like H1 on PS4 but in higher resolution/framerate/maybe LOD/maybe higher shadow resolution etc. E It won't come close to H2 on PS5 for sure.

It's like half of XSX volume, that would explain TF difference

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

I'm new to the forums. So I can't tell who's the real insider and who's not. But I'm pretty sure most of them are just pretending to be insiders. Almost all of them are.

And everyone's a gangster until Sony and Microsoft reveal their actual info. :messenger_halo:
Welcome to the family, son!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom