• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
zqGqflL.png

LordOfChaos

If that is straight up twice the raw power of the x I'm in shock that puts sony north of 13tf. We get two legitimate consoles this time around not 2 meh efforts.

If the PS5 is more powerful and this is already a cooling monster, I can't wait to see it.

This is what I always wanted, I don't care about active power draw for something only on a few hours a week for me, crank up dat cooling and TDP, make them as powerful as possible without being loud.

quest

Not Banned from OT
My question does ms have their own vrs algorithm? From the MS x series website. This is interesting to say the least. It say their not AMD.

"Additionally, our patented Variable Rate Shading (VRS) technology will allow developers to get even more out of the Xbox Series X GPU"

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
PSErebus is hinting at GTAVI being at the awards show.

I saw someone else post this in the comments but looks like a wish list.

ELlCZCDW4AIIQBW

I've only watched some of the show. So how many did PSErebus get right so far?

His Dec 3-5 prediction of PS5 info by Sony was already a swing and a miss.

Last edited:

McHuj

I think the 12 TF leaks are true, but the statement about being twice the power of X1X in GPU power cloud still be true with a lower than 12 TF count simply due to the improved RDNA architecture.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I think the 12 TF leaks are true, but the statement about being twice the power of X1X in GPU power cloud still be true with a lower than 12 TF count simply due to the improved RDNA architecture.

If it is RDNA, then it should be more than twice, maybe they don’t want to confuse the more casual people with trying to explain the efficiency differences.

R600

Banned
I think they are leaving a buffer depending on where they end up by release. Anywhere from 10.5 to 12TF is guaranteed at this point.

Glad I was wrong, but in my defense I didnt think they will put out PC tower there.

Yes I know. But when he says over eight times the xbox or twice the xbox one x he's using them as base. Comparing GCN with NAVI wouldn't make sense, if it was 12TF NAVI (RDNA) it would be a lot faster than twice the X.

I think he's just talking raw numbers, not really referencing architecture changes. That's not as easy to convey in a soundbite or even a short-form interview.

Unless officially stated otherwise, I'm gonna assume it's 12TF Navi. Same with whatever TF number Sony gives for PS5.

vpance

Waaait a sec, Phil never said 12, did he? If Tom Warren just extrapolated that from 2x the Xbox One X, he might not know that this is undoubtedly including RDNA improvements, so the actual number may not be 12?

Sort of, going by his tweet. But Tom has been alluding to 12 for a while now, so.. I dunno.

Gamernyc78

Banned
If only my man SonGoku was here he would be hyped, i was being shitted for his optimism nice to see he was on the money.

I chose 12tf from the get go as well and looks like we will be vindicated. Where's the peanut gallery tht said no way the consoles could be more than 9 or 10 tfs. Thts why I don't listen to none of these arm chair analysts on here 😏and most won't even admit their pages of reasons were all wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom