• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Social media presence can gauge interest on your product , its not definitive statement on anything. What is definitive is PS4 selling north of +106m units and being the second highest selling console of all time behind PS2 and ahead of PS1. Notice how the three most selling consoles of all time are all Playstations, now that's a definitive statement on brand power.
Definitely. Playstation is an amazingly powerful brand in gaming, and they won't have any problems in beating Microsoft XSX sales numbers with the PS5. It's just weird when fanboys try to use social media presence as an argument to say that the XSX is dead in the water, when we don't even know the specs nor the games of both systems...

Tulipanzo

You have any links to the said leak? i would like to read it.
Ok, so, it's not quite a singular leak tbh.

It's test data for APUs from some point in time, which was dumped on GitHub in July of last year.
A few people scavenged for this info and attempted to read it, and while a lot of alleged PS5 info is detailed, we lack a lot of context about it.
Eg. Why are there references for Arden (an alleged Xbox codename) in Oberon (the PS5 related APU)? *shrug

Your best bet is to check DF video on the topic, tho they mostly take this data at face value.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Ps5 now at 10.25 TF, reveal early February.
a
At this point, I believe the following about PS5:
Sony have a logo for a game system they say is releasing this year.
The system will have an SSD type hard drive.
It will have an APU, Ram, and other components.
Sony will provide more information in the coming months.
Any “insider” information I now regard as Cake, which is a lie, until proven true and I can then eat the cake. Fucking cake.

how did we go to 10.25 tflops?
Imo non sense . They r saying 40 cu at 2 ghz which is 10.25 TF. This defeat the purpose of being $400 due to yield being very difficult. Imo Sony used 40 cu for dev kits while waiting for big Navi to be ready as amd big Navi is just in production now . Which is getting ready and hence we saw ms show the chip last week. That’s why MS had no dev kits with devs and Sony had few iterations .

That’s my opinion. Sony didn’t wait for big Navi as their big Navi was being prepared .they wanted devs to get familiar with ssd and new tools in the mean time while their chip was getting ready.

If they wanted 40 cu they could have launched in 2019 as it was available tech.

Last edited:

PaNaMa

Banned
Guys I noticed something . Gamespot article had the gpu of xsx at 12 tf. But recently I can’t find it in the article anymore :

Can someone check it , maybe I m missing it. Now cpu mention is there but not the gpu mention anymore.

This link:

sinnergy

Imo non sense . They r saying 40 cu at 2 ghz. This defeat the purpose of being 400 due to yield being very difficult. Imo Sony used 40 cu for dev kits while waiting for big Navi to be ready as amd big Navi is just in production now . Which is getting ready and hence we saw ms show the chip last week. That’s why MS had no dev kits with devs and Sony had few iterations .

That’s my opinion. Sony didn’t wait for big Navi as their big Navi was being prepared .they wanted devs to get familiar with ssd and new tools
It’s not nonsense , you don’t want to launch a consumer product with a chip that’s not fully tested while in the final configuration, to me it looks like the indeed have a 36/40 CU chip clocked high. Did you know that space shuttles and rockets fly on old chips , like NASA started using the old PS1 chip in their rockets just a few years back? That’s because that chip proved itself to be reliable...

If Sony has more CUs like MS it would be planned and tested from the start, you just don’t slap a gpu or cpu in the design.

meaning they had 2 research and development budgets running for years, burning twice the money, what do you think is more likely?

other option the AMD Github leak was complete bogus and it was big Navi all along.

Last edited:
It’s not nonsense , you don’t want to launch a consumer product with a chip that’s not fully tested while in the final configuration, to me it looks like the indeed have a 36/40 CU chip clocked high. Did you know that space shuttles and rockets fly on old chips , like NASA started using the old PS1 chip in their rockets just a few years back? That’s because that chip proved itself to be reliable...

If Sony has more CUs like MS it would be planned and tested from the start, you just don’t slap a gpu or cpu in the design.
Again ms had no dev kits and all their test are much more recent than Sony’s.

Ps4 pro launched with a Polaris gpu that came out 4 months before ps4 pro

5700 and 5700xt (40 cu)have been out since June 2019 . Sony could have launch’s ps5 in 2019 if they wanted to and maybe that was the plan (as many insiders said Sony decided to delay the launch in 2017)

Last edited:

sinnergy

Again ms had no dev kits and all their test are much more recent than Sony’s.

Ps4 pro launched with a Polaris gpu that came out 4 months before ps4 pro

5700 and 5700xt have been out since June 2019 . Sony could have launch’s ps5 in 2019 if they wanted to and maybe that was the plan (as many insiders said Sony decided to delay the launch in 2017)
Came out ... and designing and testing are 2 different things... that Polaris was probably being in design for the last 2 to 3 years before release ... even in the pro , just saying .

Last edited:
Came out ... and designing and testing are 2 different things... that Polaris was probably being design for the last 2 to 3 years before release ... just saying .
Navi was the same as well. Ariel(Sony’s first iteration of Navi gpu) in 2017 was numbered 1000 meaning it was the first Navi gpu by AMD numbering and it was for Sony). So Sony and amd have been working on Navi for the past 3 to 4 years.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
After the first showing in February of 2013, bestbuy opened pre orders. At the mission valley store here in San Diego I was the 3rd person to do it unveil night
It happens when the price is announced.
PS4 preorder started at E3.
If Sony announce the price for PS5 in Feb then the preorder will start in Feb.

It happens when the price is announced.
PS4 preorder started at E3.
If Sony announce the price for PS5 in Feb then the preorder will start in Feb.
which they wont. i feel they will start allt he talk to show us why its not 399 anymore. atleast i hope.
there was a leak at the end of 2018 that said sony would be skipping e3 and then it said sony is designing the PS5 with 600$ in mind in 2020 and will take a 100$ loss in 2020 to make it 499$. atleast thats my hope that the guy was correct.

it would be so stupid of sony to not spend money on gpu and spend money on hepatic feedback and adaptive trigger, 3d audio and stuff like that. that would be so against the ideology of cerny when he said i talk to devs and first thing they told is that they dont want exotic architecture and they want a beefy gpu

Last edited:

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
REE is already calling out @OsirisBlack for being unable to 'handle the heat'

Smh, I mean folks over at that place already know everything that has been written by him. Knives are already sharpened, hope you got a tough armor bro.
You know who they should be talking about on who couldn't handle the heat, Klee lol, if Osiris dosnt want to stay there that diff than asking for a straight up ban

Last edited by a moderator:

Evilms

Banned

1579093350-sans-titre.png

Last edited:

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
I dont know why he asked for a ban. He should’ve just logged out and never returned.
Little soft reeee's and millennials these days can't handle any type of adversity and run away at any sort of pressure, and they want to claim Osiris can't handle the heat? Little butch speed for a ban because "people were asking me questions online!!!" Like I said of you have info and tout you have it you might as well share it instead of saying "I know something you don't" and stirring the pot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom