• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albert Penello said that Microsoft knew at this point in time where they were compared to PS4. It's not too hard to assume the same thing happening again.
No No, please No, just stop. You lost me when you started with 'Albert Penello said'.

Penello said many dumb shit before PS4 and Xbox One was officially revealed on this very same forum and he was called out many times for his inaccuracies and obvious damage control he was doing at the time. If you put any stock in to what this guy says then may god help you.

A simple google search will show you all you need to know regarding this dude and his record on the forums. Like i said before, people fall hook, line and sinker for Microsoft's PR. Its that well done.

Last edited:

Tsaki

Hellblade. Mara. Halo Infinite. Godfall. What do you mean with first?
Hellblade and Mara were in-engine cinematics so I automatically do not take them into consideration. Halo looked no better to me than Gears of War 5. As for Godfall there wasn't much of gameplay in the Game Awards footage (the recently leaked gameplay footage is a year old) and is being made by a relatively small studio (I think?).

schaft0620

The investor call is overnight Wednesday the 5th.
The Taipei Game Show is starting just after. There is a small handful of new trailers dropping during that.

Now way is the PS5 reveal going to come hours later.

Last edited:

Captn

I think developers want a closed platform to minimize piracy, the spontaneous purchase (mobile micro transactions, subscriptions), and esase of developing games (closed platform with few variables like configurations and updated software). That's why the majority of gaming revenue has pretty much been in consoles and mobile. Streaming probably will be a big player in this but not for awhile since it isnt like watching a movie since your input and satisfactory response to that input plays a huge role in gaming.

"Overall, the revenue of $120.1 billion in 2019 was up 4% from $115.5 billion in 2018. The 2019 revenue included $64.4 billion for mobile games, $29.6 billion for PC, and $15.4 billion for consoles."

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
No No, please No, just stop. You lost me when you started with 'Albert Penello said'.

Penello said many dumb shit before PS4 and Xbox One was officially revealed on this very same forum and he was called out many times for his inaccuracies and obvious damage control he was doing at the time. If you put any stock in to what this guy says then may god help you.

A simple google search will show you all you need to know regarding this dude and his record on the forums. Like i said before, people fall hook, line and sinker for Microsoft's PR. Its that well done.

At the time it was his job to do what he did. It's not anymore.

I think he means that aside from cinematics, we haven't really seen any mind blowing in-game graphics.
Tell me in your own words if we should expect eye-melting graphics. I mean you claim to have spoken to some dev(s). Surely they must have said something or they're extremely excited at what they're building for next gen consoles.

At this point i don't care about the numbers. Just (if you can) try to explain what we can expect to see in PS5 and XBox Series X.

LED Guy?

Banned
Jason is not a credible source when it comes to hardware. Especially regarding beating Stadia. At the time both console APUs were designed they would not have known what Stadia wanted to do - not how powerful it would be, not its architecture. There was no way for them to target to beat Stadia specs.

Now I can see how Sony wanted to beat Stadia, which would explain clocking from 8 TF to 9.2 TF around the time of the Stadia reveal. With efficiency gains that puts them ahead of Stadia. But it was a BS comparison because Stadia uses Linux and will always suffer from that.

Matt is just a dev. He's not even under NDA, so he probably doesn't know a whole lot. He just likes to pretend he does, same thing he did when he was posting here before the other site.

Klee has provided so much conflicting info that he can't be taken serious anymore. Like the Lockhart stuff. Like both consoles being close and 10+ TF (he specifically said Oberon APU, which we now know is 9.2 TF). Like describing in detail the game his friend showed him - which would make it easy to track him down - but unable to tell a number from a spec sheet because that number would track his friend down. Seriously? So you can't say PS5 is 12.6 TF because that could be tracked? Then just say it is 12.55, who cares? Plus that would mean that Sony gave each dev a different target spec above 12 TF to be able to track leaks. That's so stupid. Klee realized that when he got pressured to say the number and banned himself.

In my book, if somebody gets major points wrong a couple of times, they are not a credible source.
Nah man, I think you got it all mixed up.

- Jason Schreier is a very reputable source and wouldn't make or lie about these things.
- Matt has an outstanding track record from NeoGAF to now in ResetEra, and he denied the Oberon leak, he is the 1st one who confirmed that PS5 has Hardware RT & it turned out to be true.
- Kleegamefan has not contradicted himself AT ALL, he said, XSX will have a bit above 12 TF, and that PS5 will be a bit more powerful, he has the specs sheets for both consoles and got verified TWICE by ReserEra moderators and he is credible.

EVERYONE was WRONG about Xbox Lockhart, Digital Foundry, Jason Schreier, Kleegamefan, Windows Central, Brad Sams & Tom Warren were all wrong about it, it was because of Microsoft's constant internal changes to Its plans, cancelling/resuming/pausing/resuming the Lockhart project, so that's why they got conflicted or out of date sources because plans change real fast in Microsoft.

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
With PCs, do devs ever really get better at squeezing out everything PCs can handle? I mean consoles are the same for a long time and devs get better at mastering the power in each. Games get better each yr in a consoles life. Performance wise anyway. I don't think you can say the same for PCs as they change too often. PC gaming devs can be less innovative as more powerful CPU and GPU come out every year. The machines just muscle the same code. The coding doesn't necessarily evolve as fast compared to consoles.

Well, that's a good question and a tough one. Since games have become more memory bandwidth, it's really not about optimizing as much as the old days with doing assembly language functions. P psorcerer would probably disagree with me. :D

Let's take a look at one thing that everyone wants.. 4k.. true 4k.. well, that's just a switch but it makes the entire pipeline hungry for more bandwidth. The computations increase according to how many pixels you have to render to the game per second. That automatically stresses out a low bandwidth graphics card. Knowing the TFLOP isn't going to help with guesstimating how a game will look because it's not taking into account how the game was programmed or how busy the traffic is going to be going from the bus to the graphics card.. and then on the graphics card there are several other memory banks (L1, L2 cache, shared memory, unified memory) that have their own sizes and speeds. It's a moving target and hard to put a finger on. I wouldn't be shocked if Sony nor MS give out TFLOPS.

In answer to your question, I think the top priority these days is going to be which hardware gives them the best bandwidth. That way they can use higher res textures, they can use more texture filtering samples higher than the PS4's 4x. They can incorporate more intersection tests for ray-tracing, etc.. Right now, the Nvidia boards give them that. We haven't seen the AMD boards yet, but hopefully they will reach parity.

Jason is not a credible source when it comes to hardware. Especially regarding beating Stadia. At the time both console APUs were designed they would not have known what Stadia wanted to do - not how powerful it would be, not its architecture. There was no way for them to target to beat Stadia specs.

Now I can see how Sony wanted to beat Stadia, which would explain clocking from 8 TF to 9.2 TF around the time of the Stadia reveal. With efficiency gains that puts them ahead of Stadia. But it was a BS comparison because Stadia uses Linux and will always suffer from that.

Matt is just a dev. He's not even under NDA, so he probably doesn't know a whole lot. He just likes to pretend he does, same thing he did when he was posting here before the other site.

Klee has provided so much conflicting info that he can't be taken serious anymore. Like the Lockhart stuff. Like both consoles being close and 10+ TF (he specifically said Oberon APU, which we now know is 9.2 TF). Like describing in detail the game his friend showed him - which would make it easy to track him down - but unable to tell a number from a spec sheet because that number would track his friend down. Seriously? So you can't say PS5 is 12.6 TF because that could be tracked? Then just say it is 12.55, who cares? Plus that would mean that Sony gave each dev a different target spec above 12 TF to be able to track leaks. That's so stupid. Klee realized that when he got pressured to say the number and banned himself.

In my book, if somebody gets major points wrong a couple of times, they are not a credible source.
1.) Klee got Lockhart wrong, saying it was dead, but so did many other insiders, before it was apparently resurrected. 2.) We don’t know if Oberon is 9.2 TF in its final stage. If that’s the case, there’s no question the PS5 is 9.2 TF’s, and we don’t know that at all right now. Many triple-A game developers have said the performance they are getting from their games on the PS5 dev kits don’t match the Github leaks, and in a good way. 3.) I‘ve heard that many people working in the industry are given different spec numbers because it IS a good way to track who your leakers are.

LED Guy?

Banned
1.) Klee got Lockhart wrong, saying it was dead, but so did many other insiders, before it was apparently resurrected. 2.) We don’t know if Oberon is 9.2 TF in its final stage. If that’s the case, there’s no question the PS5 is 9.2 TF’s, and we don’t know that at all right now. Many triple-A game developers have said the performance they are getting from their games on the PS5 dev kits don’t match the Github leaks, and in a good way. 3.) I‘ve heard that many people working in the industry are given different spec numbers because it IS a good way to track who your leakers are.
Exactly.

1 last time.

I am getting 2 different numbers from people and honestly don't know which to believe.

Am I leaning one way that aligns with every single trusted leak/insider? Sure am.

Do I have faith in one my buddy that says different from everyone else? I believe he believes that.

Am I am 100% a number to put my name next to here on forums where every single thing people say is destroyed if it doesnt align with their beliefs? Not a chance.
My brother , its 12 rdna for Xbox. I know i said im jusr waiting for all things official to come back when the news hits and read all the posts before mine when that happens, but its 12 rdna . Cant wait when we get all the infos. Hoping we get a ps meeting in feb, but i bet in May After Xbox reveal in April. Love you all love this forum. Lets gooooooooo

My brother , its 12 rdna for Xbox. I know i said im jusr waiting for all things official to come back when the news hits and read all the posts before mine when that happens, but its 12 rdna . Cant wait when we get all the infos. Hoping we get a ps meeting in feb, but i bet in May After Xbox reveal in April. Love you all love this forum. Lets gooooooooo
12 TF machine. So $600?

darkinstinct

Tell me in your own words if we should expect eye-melting graphics. I mean you claim to have spoken to some dev(s). Surely they must have said something or they're extremely excited at what they're building for next gen consoles.

At this point i don't care about the numbers. Just (if you can) try to explain what we can expect to see in PS5 and XBox Series X.
Why even bother? "Unprecedented graphics, giant worlds like you have never seen, with incredibly detailed textures and procedural destruction. Animations are revolutionary, if you like TLoU2 you'll be in for a treat. Gorgeous raytraced reflections. And the hair on characters, just amazing."

Disclaimer: I have not seen a next gen game.

RookX22

"Overall, the revenue of $120.1 billion in 2019 was up 4% from $115.5 billion in 2018. The 2019 revenue included $64.4 billion for mobile games, $29.6 billion for PC, and $15.4 billion for consoles."
I looked that up before I posted I also looked up this https://www.eteknix.com/top-10-pc-games-revenue-destroys-consoles-2015/. I was arguing for the high profile AAA games that VFX said developers wanted to take advantage of high end PCs. Consoles cant compete with the craziness that is skins and free to play games on pc.

VFXVeteran

Banned

I can't define eye-melting graphics because I have such a high bar. But yea, all of these new ones coming out or even some of the rumored 1st party games going to PC, there is major excitement about that. I've only heard about how incredibly fast the PS5 SSD is. The other things I've heard are about a specific game not yet released where this game is their greatest achievement ever and it has an ENORMOUS amount of assets. That's all I'll say about that.

VFXVeteran

Banned
Why even bother? "Unprecedented graphics, giant worlds like you have never seen, with incredibly detailed textures and procedural destruction. Animations are revolutionary, if you like TLoU2 you'll be in for a treat. Gorgeous raytraced reflections. And the hair on characters, just amazing."

Disclaimer: I have not seen a next gen game.

My definition of next-gen is definitely not your definition I'm sure... :messenger_tears_of_joy:

quest

Not Banned from OT
Depends on the price and performance if they are sub 10tf of course they avoid numbers like the plague. If either come in close to 12tf and pushing 499.99 they give the numbers to show the value per dollar as a package. We know the amperier is coming but we know nvidia prices. We will get a jump in performance and prices since there is no real competition.

darkinstinct

Nah man, I think you got it all mixed up.

- Jason Schreier is a very reputable source and wouldn't make or lie about these things.
- Matt has an outstanding track record from NeoGAF to now in ResetEra, and he denied the Oberon leak, he is the 1st one who confirmed that PS5 has Hardware RT & it turned out to be true.
- Kleegamefan has not contradicted himself AT ALL, he said, XSX will have a bit above 12 TF, and that PS5 will be a bit more powerful, he has the specs sheets for both consoles and got verified TWICE by ReserEra moderators and he is credible.

EVERYONE was WRONG about Xbox Lockhart, Digital Foundry, Jason Schreier, Kleegamefan, Windows Central, Brad Sams & Tom Warren were all wrong about it, it was because of Microsoft's constant internal changes to Its plans, cancelling/resuming/pausing/resuming the Lockhart project, so that's why they got conflicted or out of date sources because plans change real fast in Microsoft.
Microsoft is like the slowest company on Earth. If there's one thing they are incapable of it's making fast plan changes. That's the complete opposite of how it is organized.

And verifications ( Klee never had a verified tag BTW) just check that the person is who they say they are. Not the information they spread. Let's see how credible he is when the February event isn't happening.

Jason is not a good hardware source. He doesn't have the tech background.

bitbydeath

Has Phil told you that?

Norse

Well, that's a good question and a tough one. Since games have become more memory bandwidth, it's really not about optimizing as much as the old days with doing assembly language functions. P psorcerer would probably disagree with me. :D

Let's take a look at one thing that everyone wants.. 4k.. true 4k.. well, that's just a switch but it makes the entire pipeline hungry for more bandwidth. The computations increase according to how many pixels you have to render to the game per second. That automatically stresses out a low bandwidth graphics card. Knowing the TFLOP isn't going to help with guesstimating how a game will look because it's not taking into account how the game was programmed or how busy the traffic is going to be going from the bus to the graphics card.. and then on the graphics card there are several other memory banks (L1, L2 cache, shared memory, unified memory) that have their own sizes and speeds. It's a moving target and hard to put a finger on. I wouldn't be shocked if Sony nor MS give out TFLOPS.

In answer to your question, I think the top priority these days is going to be which hardware gives them the best bandwidth. That way they can use higher res textures, they can use more texture filtering samples higher than the PS4's 4x. They can incorporate more intersection tests for ray-tracing, etc.. Right now, the Nvidia boards give them that. We haven't seen the AMD boards yet, but hopefully they will reach parity.
All the Nvidia cards or just the top 3 $$$ ones? What % of PC gamers actually own those? In the console space, 100% of a consoles owners will enjoy the same experience that hopefully is pushing it to it's limits. If anything, the PC market may hamper a Dev from squeezing out all they can from a console platform.

ethomaz

Banned

At least some sane post in this thread :D

darkinstinct

It makes no sense to give devs target specs that are higher than what you actually have, right? So say Klee is right and PS5 is 12+ TF. Then you are saying they gave every studio out there different numbers above that. Klee has 12.55. EA has 12.47 ... what exactly is keeping Klee from telling a number that is in the ballpark but not the number? He could say 12.47. And Sony would go after EA?

VFXVeteran

Banned
All the Nvidia cards or just the top 3 $$$ ones? What % of PC gamers actually own those? In the console space, 100% of a consoles owners will enjoy the same experience that hopefully is pushing it to it's limits.

I'm not sure but the setups on the PC scale pretty well.

If anything, the PC market may hamper a Dev from squeezing out all they can from a console platform.

That could be true.

Zero909

Banned
If 12TF xbox 56cu at 1675 then they can easily push it to 13TF

Last edited:

Norse

I hope you're right. But I also hope ps5 hits those same numbers. Next gen could be amazing.

LED Guy?

Banned
Microsoft is like the slowest company on Earth. If there's one thing they are incapable of it's making fast plan changes. That's the complete opposite of how it is organized.

And verifications ( Klee never had a verified tag BTW) just check that the person is who they say they are. Not the information they spread. Let's see how credible he is when the February event isn't happening.

Jason is not a good hardware source. He doesn't have the tech background.
Well this time Microsoft seem to have done that, they have changed it rapidly.

Jason has the numbers, has the sources telling him this stuff, he doesn’t spit out words from his mouth without any attention.

Klee doesn’t have a “Verified” stick on his profile because I remember that he is not even in the industry right now, he is just someone who has deep connections with developers since the Game Fan & Game Informer magazines that he used to work for, and the fact that he has those connections with developers even further what he’s saying as the truth.

Look, I’m not saying that I believe them a 100% but there are many evidences which are adding up which make what they said line up perfectly and for that, I believe them.

VFXVeteran

Banned
Hint on where to begin looking for the article?

If you guys are looking for CG, then you got about 3-4 more generations to go.

I think you guys are automatically equating incredible artistic direction (ala Uncharted 4) to technical showcase (TFLOPS). The two are completely different. ND will still make incredible art like always, it'll just be at a higher fidelity (i.e. using 4k textures instead of 2k textures, for example). But it's not going to look like CG (which is really refining even more fine-grained graphics into the mix (ala path tracing everything).

The equation that 1.8TFLOPS = incredible art direction and 12TFLOPS = CG movie is just completely misguided and wrong. I could easily eat up TFLOPS with the same game rendering at true 4k/60FPS.

HawarMiran

Banned

No I don't want true 4K. Give me checkerboarded 4K all day. I never cared for resoltution and fps (only important in competitive games). As a matter of fact I played all Sony exclusives on my base PS4 on 30 fps and on a 1080p TV. And I enjoyed it :O can you believe that???? I want improvements in physics, AI, lightning etc. After that they can focus on unimportant shit like true 4K.

I can't define eye-melting graphics because I have such a high bar. But yea, all of these new ones coming out or even some of the rumored 1st party games going to PC, there is major excitement about that. I've only heard about how incredibly fast the PS5 SSD is. The other things I've heard are about a specific game not yet released where this game is their greatest achievement ever and it has an ENORMOUS amount of assets. That's all I'll say about that.
For the bolded: Bluepoints PS5 game.

I'm really excited by the PS5 SSD being incredibly fast. One thing I hope happens with next gen is that all current gen games get automatic upgrades to PC Ultra settings on the next gen consoles. I mean surely the next systems can handle 1440p and 60fps with ultra settings with no issue. Will it be as easy to just use PC code on any of the next gen systems?

saintjules

how are you suppose to follow these 802 page threads , there is like a million conversations going on?
You don't. You go to the newest page everytime you come back. If a particular topic is talked about through numerous users simultaneously, then you're essentially caught up in some regard. Only the interesting stuff will keep going in theory.

Except for the 8GB of GDDR memory the PS4 announced, that was the big surprise for them.

No, that as a big surprise for US. MS already knew for a good minute Sony was going with 8GB GDDR5. It's not like they could've quickly redesigned the XBO's memory controller to support GDDR5 or place in huge orders of GDDR5 already contractually placed for Sony and other companies.

It's interesting when you line it all up this way. It's really amazing how everything has flipped around because discussions around Oberon sound eerily similar to the kind of talk and speculation that people had about Durango before MS' reveal.

History has a weird tendency of repeating itself. I still hold out hope there's another PS5 silicon that hasn't been datamined yet (by some crazy chance, given what's already managed to get datamined), but Oberon is staring us right there in the face.

#WishfulThinking_Team1.6GhzOberon+1GHzGonzaloDualGPU over here on the optimistic end, because retail PS5 with Oberon on its own won't hit 2GHz (unless you want the motherboard to melt).

Last edited:

Felessan

90% of this number is online-only, mostly f2p games (mmo, lol/dota etc). Those have little relevancy to classic AAA gaming.

quest

Not Banned from OT
For the bolded: Bluepoints PS5 game.

I'm really excited by the PS5 SSD being incredibly fast. One thing I hope happens with next gen is that all current gen games get automatic upgrades to PC Ultra settings on the next gen consoles. I mean surely the next systems can handle 1440p and 60fps with ultra settings with no issue. Will it be as easy to just use PC code on any of the next gen systems?
Maybe for a short period but PC cards will quickly out distance themselves especially with RT. No matter what Sony brings in 2:nvidia generations they will have some method of RT that runs circles around it. I think high settings and high frames should be the goal IMO for most games. In the end u think RT will be very under utilizated in consoles after the shine wears off and the performance and limited scope reality sets in. It's in a very bizarre situation at the beginning stages of RT before the GPU makers really figure out better methods and I believe they will. They always seem to find ways to do things better after a few generations like the unified shader arrays or using the GPU for compute.

Andodalf

Banned
There’s a private event in Sonyhall on the 5 of February just booked.

Someone is trolling us.

https://www.sonyhall.com/events/2020-02-05-closed-for-private-event/
It's also closed for a private event this friday, feb 24, 29, and as far out as December 28th. I wouldn't read too much into it. If anything, fake insiders could have seen that date reserved months ago and picked it to make their "leaks" look better. I really think we'll get a feb reveal, but I think invites would be out by now for the 5th.

HawarMiran

Banned
There’s a private event in Sonyhall on the 5 of February just booked.

Someone is trolling us.

https://www.sonyhall.com/events/2020-02-05-closed-for-private-event/
What if we are all waiting for invites from Sony to journalists, but they just decided to invite nobody and hold and event streamed live? And after that a Wired article from that event, with in depth interviews? I mean why does the press has to be there? :p
Edit: I mean up until now Wired had some sort of exclusivity

Last edited:

quest

Not Banned from OT
What if we are all waiting for invites from Sony to journalists, but they just decided to invite nobody and hold and event streamed live? And after that a Wired article from that event, with in depth interviews? I mean why does the press has to be there? :p
Edit: I mean up until now Wired had some sort of exclusivity
It would show the sad state of competition of the home console industry that Sony could beyond half ass it and still win 3 to 1 world wide. It would not give me much hope for Sony being more consumer friendly in the least if they know they can put in no effort at this point and win by a landslide. Just sucks Nintendo gave up and MS fucked so bad this generation Sony looks like they are going to coast to victory with out having to fight for our wallets.

Sinthor

Gold Member
If you guys are looking for CG, then you got about 3-4 more generations to go.

I think you guys are automatically equating incredible artistic direction (ala Uncharted 4) to technical showcase (TFLOPS). The two are completely different. ND will still make incredible art like always, it'll just be at a higher fidelity (i.e. using 4k textures instead of 2k textures, for example). But it's not going to look like CG (which is really refining even more fine-grained graphics into the mix (ala path tracing everything).

The equation that 1.8TFLOPS = incredible art direction and 12TFLOPS = CG movie is just completely misguided and wrong. I could easily eat up TFLOPS with the same game rendering at true 4k/60FPS.

Exactly. Generations away and by then, the state of "CG" will be that much higher. Consoles will never catch up with 'big iron' as it were. Kind of reminds me of how for the past 20+ years in IT everyone's been predicting the end of desktops and laptops in favor of thin clients, or terminal server, or cloud. They keep predicting it, but we keep moving towards faster, more powerful local workstations.

For me, I know even a (gasp!) 9TF box will be a huge improvement over what we have today. As you say, it's the art factor and the direction and how the game is put together that really makes the difference. You can have all the horsepower in the world and with lousy art and direction, the game won't look as good as something half as powerful but with better art and direction.

That being said...I AM one of those who WOULD pay a premium for a truly high end console. If they did put out some 20TF beastie that cost me $1000 or $1200...I'd most likely buy it. ;)

Sinthor

Gold Member
It would show the sad state of competition of the home console industry that Sony could beyond half ass it and still win 3 to 1 world wide. It would not give me much hope for Sony being more consumer friendly in the least if they know they can put in no effort at this point and win by a landslide. Just sucks Nintendo gave up and MS fucked so bad this generation Sony looks like they are going to coast to victory with out having to fight for our wallets.

I'm not sure how not inviting 'gaming journalists' adds up to a sad state of affairs. Hear me out on this. What about a digital reveal and then some hosted, more in depth interviews for the gaming press? I mean, how do 99% of us find out about these new consoles anyway? Our magazine subscriptions? No way! It's via the internet. It's already the digital medium that most everyone uses, at least in the markets these consoles are being sold to. So why not stop the dependency on the gaming press?

quest

Not Banned from OT
I'm not sure how not inviting 'gaming journalists' adds up to a sad state of affairs. Hear me out on this. What about a digital reveal and then some hosted, more in depth interviews for the gaming press? I mean, how do 99% of us find out about these new consoles anyway? Our magazine subscriptions? No way! It's via the internet. It's already the digital medium that most everyone uses, at least in the markets these consoles are being sold to. So why not stop the dependency on the gaming press?
I don't care about the gaming press it's the non gaming press to show how big of an event it is. Like an apple presser all media is there. That is how treat it with how big gaming is go all out. They can do the in depth technical with digital foundry, anandtech, the verge and places like that after. God help us if we get a lame ass state of play reveal so Ryan and the board can pocket more money in their yearly bonuses cutting costs.

Sinthor

Gold Member
I don't care about the gaming press it's the non gaming press to show how big of an event it is. Like an apple presser all media is there. That is how treat it with how big gaming is go all out. They can do the in depth technical with digital foundry, anandtech, the verge and places like that after. God help us if we get a lame ass state of play reveal so Ryan and the board can pocket more money in their yearly bonuses cutting costs.

Ah, I see what you mean. Fair point. Still not 100% convinced that that really HELPS or is needed but it's definitely a fair point. A big event with all the press certainly has the capability to generate a ton of positive buzz about your product. I tend to think that it WILL be with such a live event rather than just digital like in a SoP. But we shall see. We should probably have at least an idea of when this will be within the next 1-2 weeks if it's going to be February. I'm still amazed that Sony would be skipping E3 this year as well. is that confirmed? Just seems, with a major product launch like a new console that you'd be taking advantage of events like E3. Then again, they wouldn't be skipping it if they didn't think it was to their advantage. What do I know anyway? I'm just an IT cyber security nerd! :)

quest

Not Banned from OT
Ah, I see what you mean. Fair point. Still not 100% convinced that that really HELPS or is needed but it's definitely a fair point. A big event with all the press certainly has the capability to generate a ton of positive buzz about your product. I tend to think that it WILL be with such a live event rather than just digital like in a SoP. But we shall see. We should probably have at least an idea of when this will be within the next 1-2 weeks if it's going to be February. I'm still amazed that Sony would be skipping E3 this year as well. is that confirmed? Just seems, with a major product launch like a new console that you'd be taking advantage of events like E3. Then again, they wouldn't be skipping it if they didn't think it was to their advantage. What do I know anyway? I'm just an IT cyber security nerd! :)
Its confirmed no E3 so I think this event should be a blow out with world wide press attention since they are cutting costs to put in the executives pockets by skipping E3.

He can talk in a state of play like presentation no? Something like the Nintendo Switch reveal.
I don't think be taking direction from the company who ran from the home console industry with their tail between their legs. If they want to make another handheld sure emulate Nintendo they own the sector.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom