• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
I as well as others have literally already done that, but you've done nothing about it.

This has already been spoken about.

We dont protect insiders. Any vetted insider usually has shown they work in the industry, thats it. Previous mods have said that if any insiders are proven to be lying after the REAL releases of these consoles, actions will be taken.

Drop it.

Last edited:

newbong95

I'm right here?

I was just clarifying for him what the files are or are not. I'm not sure what is incorrect about what I said? The GH tests were not exclusively Ariel/Oberon BC tests. Those were cases in the units.

From the beginning, I've held that I believe PS5 will be 40CU at 2GHZ (10.2) with the below PowerVR RT built in. This would let the APU punch above its TF weight as unlike XSX you aren't relying on the full 12TF to do the RT.

https://www.imgtec.com/news/press-r...nounces-ray-tracing-technology-for-licensing/

Right or wrong its what i'm expecting. If the two sides have different RT implementation (which I believe has been stated before) than I can't imagine they are both just using AMD's RDNA2 implementation. It would also tie into that Sony engineers comments on the RDNA 2's RT abilities.

In this setup, you maintain the hardware backcompat that you are comfortable with to ensure full BC (disable full WGPs and downclock) while you also get to have you custom RT solution that you have been working on because you weren't sure if AMD would ever get there. IMO Sony wanted to lean on RT and likely started down their own path to get there. There is also no need to add an extra WGP on chip if you have your own RT solution. That seems to be a big waste.

Also, focusing on hardware backcompat on a new architecture would require quite a bit of testing which makes sense as to why you would lock in the chip early and step often.

I just can't reconcile how both sides would have different RT results if they are effectively using the exact same chip and architecture. MS will be leaning on DirectX RT and I don't see why Sony would go that way. Also, if you aren't relying on AMD's RT you don't need the extra TF in the APU and you wouldn't see any AMD RT testing on the chips.

How powerful is this imagination rt tech in rtx terms ?

You realize you just contradicted yourself right? The fact that MS is using DirectX RT might be the reason why it's not performing better than Sony's solution. You realize some games perform better in DX11 than DX12 right?

Fair enough, but I think my point still stands. I think Sony wanted to focus a lot on RT and AMD was shitting the bed on actually getting hardware RT done so they went their own way and created their own solution. Wasn't Navi delayed which is why Vega 7 exists?

Lone Wolf

What do you think this is? Take a WILD guess
2eF2MVy.jpg
The Adventures of Killer Croc confirmed

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Guys guys guys, come on, this is important, stop being so childish. Can we be serious for a moment and get back to that cuckolding game?
That's just the tip of the iceberg, man. You wanna get into some real freaky-deaky PC shit, check out the NeoGAF Unkindness Club.

I thought I was hardcore enough to withstand the pain, but they sent me screaming out the door with this...

My f*ckin eyes!!!
giphy.gif

VFXVeteran REALLY likes to post on this site. He dont like consoles obviously and he constantly remind everyone why PC is better but I refuse to believe he would post such a big lie just to be banned later on. It doesnt make any sense!
The two skus could be things sony had in case microsoft released two skus too.

If they do have two skus with one at 13-14~TF, they could release just the higher sku, if they can get the cost below $500, or perhaps with a loss at $399-449.

pawel86ck

Banned
He likes to post on this site is because he got BANNED for his schtick on the other site.
And that's exactly why he would not want to be banned here.

VFXVeteran info can explain why people were hearing conflicting info (for example Heisenberg). People in this thread were expecting PS5 to be faster (better GPU, faster SDD, better RT) and still be cheaper than premium XBX, but these expectations werent realistic given Sony love to casuals and they are not going to repeat the same mistake as with PS3 (200$ lost on each console just to build high end console). With 2 SKUs however it make sense why sony would also want to build really fast console comparable to high end PCs.

Last edited:
Tips for anyone who wants to prove validity or invalidity of an insider's predictions:
  1. Name the specific predictions made.
  2. Links, links, links - Link to specific comments, articles, tweets, etc. that contain the original predictions and evidence that either corroborates or contradicts those predictions. "I say so", "Believe me", and "Just look it up yourself" aren't valid excuses.
  3. If the predictions contradict themselves, point out at the specific parts where they do not add up to scrutiny.
  4. If an "insider" is banned for being a fake insider, then obviously, their inputs are not useful and should not be taken seriously.
  5. Multiple insiders are better than one. Relying on just one insider is a bad idea as outliers are a thing. Find as many people who are vetted and then, piece together what the consensus is.

MarkMe2525

No, he did say double digits and them both being RDNA-based in August.
In August, the only people who speculated it would be based on 2012-2013 gcn architecture were people wanting the next Xbox to be weak. I would normally say a guess like that would be a 50/50 chance of being right, but in reality no one thought the Xbox had a gpu based on an antiquated architecture. Him saying RDNA in August just is not impressive. I would have said the same and have no inside knowledge, just common sense.

How powerful is this imagination rt tech in rtx terms ?
Unknown I would think, but we do have gran turismo dev. saying they were aiming for 120 to 240 fps. And gran turismo is likely one of if not the main first party game that would benefit the most from ray tracing. We also know such framerates with ray tracing on a next gen game, even at 1080p are impossible on a 2080ti.

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
Tips for anyone who wants to prove validity or invalidity of an insider's predictions:
  1. Name the specific predictions made.
  2. Links, links, links - Link to specific comments, articles, tweets, etc. that contain the original predictions and evidence that either corroborates or contradicts those predictions. "I say so", "Believe me", and "Just look it up yourself" aren't valid excuses.
  3. If the predictions contradict themselves, point out at the specific parts where they do not add up to scrutiny.
  4. If an "insider" is banned for being a fake insider, then obviously, their inputs are not useful and should not be taken seriously.
  5. Multiple insiders are better than one. Relying on just one insider is a bad idea as outliers are a thing. Find as many people who are vetted and then, piece together what the consensus is.

My name is Mod of War Mod of War , and I approve this message.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I love those with info making a ravenous group of info hungry people play games to guess something or figure something out.

LED Guy?

Banned
In August, the only people who speculated it would be based on 2012-2013 gcn architecture were people wanting the next Xbox to be weak. I would normally say a guess like that would be a 50/50 chance of being right, but in reality no one thought the Xbox had a gpu based on an antiquated architecture. Him saying RDNA in August just is not impressive. I would have said the same and have no inside knowledge, just common sense.
Keep in mind, he was verified, if it was wrong then his reputation would be destroyed and would get banned for it, but he said it and look now, he was right.

Ken Adams

I have a legit question for You and Gaf detectives. Did ANYONE in the gaming media before December 7th (the day I posted both) say that the XseX was a finished product and in execs homes or that the next Ghosts of Tsushima trailer was cut? VGAs were on Dec 12th so I beat them to it by what 5 days and was asked by someone to remove my post so I did. (Its still on this site in quotes). Did anyone else say watch Gamestop right before they dropped info? I'm just curious. Lastly I still stand by MS having a very good games line up (probably better than Sony's) And I only hard confirmed ONE game out of the four songs I posted. The two games that I have had access to have nothing to do with those games. Mod of War Mod of War knows where I was last week and who I was talking to. This is the last of my energy or attention you will receive.

Phil posted that on Dec 4. You might be an insider but you do make shit up lol

Last edited:
It was not just RNDA, but he said RNDA 2.0. The XSex could've used RDNA 1.0 with customizations.

The impressiveness does not change the fact that Tommy correctly predicted the architecture and the architecture version. It is also irrelevant to the conversation as what is being contended is the correctness of insiders, in general.

If he trusted this forum he wouldn’t try to get verified in the other forum you know.

I actually mention the Xbox one as a big fuck up, that’s more than enough. The ps5 was a weak and conservative console by 2013 standards that became a mythical console because the Xbox one was shit. Yeah the psnow was really cutting edge, so cutting edge that Sony changed it completely when MS brought gamepass.
PS Now was the first game streaming platform ever as far as I now, it was completely experimental, but it was rough due to lack of competition. Dunno about cutting edge blabblering, but both VR and streaming on console had been established by Sony and they will probably be the two biggest changes in gaming fruition for the next years. Let alone Dreams, leave those Unreal arguments aside, it is a development tool and a social platform on a fucking console. Giving some credits doesn't hurt bois, MS did great things too, Sony is cutting edge in beign eclectic IMHO. This has nothing to do with power anyway, but you were talking about PS Now also, so...

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
I dont see why some people are losing their minds in this thread like its life and death information.
Take everything with a grain of salt and choose to participate in the particulars that interest you knowing full well that they may or may not come to fruition.

xool

I have a legit question for You and Gaf detectives. Did ANYONE in the gaming media before December 7th (the day I posted both) say that the XseX was a finished product and in execs homes or that the next Ghosts of Tsushima trailer was cut? VGAs were on Dec 12th so I beat them to it by what 5 days and was asked by someone to remove my post so I did. (Its still on this site in quotes). Did anyone else say watch Gamestop right before they dropped info? I'm just curious. Lastly I still stand by MS having a very good games line up (probably better than Sony's) And I only hard confirmed ONE game out of the four songs I posted. The two games that I have had access to have nothing to do with those games. Mod of War Mod of War knows where I was last week and who I was talking to. This is the last of my energy or attention you will receive.

Maybe you wouldn't have this trust problem if you actually said " XseX was a finished product and in execs homes " instead of a cryptic code-message that would/could be interpreted multiple ways, not just the way you are claiming credit now..

(iirc) When I read "scarlet is in the wild" or whatever you said I assumed final dev kits, not something about Phil Spencer having one in his house.

I've tried to say it multiple times, in general, no focus on you or anyone else - if you're going to leak - do it properly ..

This is what a real leak looks like (Death Stranding) :

Can you manage something like that. Not crossword puzzles

Banned
PS Now was the first game streaming platform ever as far as I now,

PSnow is literally just a repurposed version of a cloud streaming service company Sony bough out called "Gaikai"

Gaikai was a competitor to OnLive...

both of these came way before PSnow, and OnLive for example actually worked way better in terms of latency comapred to Gaikai an PSNow, PSNow is still by far the worst mainstream streaming tech on the market, and sadly Remote Play on PS4 seems to be based on it, and because of this Remote Play on PS4 has literally twice the input lag of Stadia and more than twice compared to Steam Remote play and Xbox Remote play to PC (the mobile version is completely different at the current beta version)

Last edited:

FranXico

PSnow is literally just a repurposed version of a cloud streaming service company Sony bough out called "Gaikai"

both of these came way before PSnow and OnLive for example actually worked way better in terms of latency comapred to Gaikai an PSNow, PSNow is still by far the worst streaming tech on the market, and sadly Remote Play on PS4 seems to be based on it, and because of this Remote Play on PS4 has literally twice the input lag of Stadia and more than twice compared to Steam Remote play and Xbox Remote play to PC (the mobile version is completely different at the current beta version)
So much disinformation in one post. Stadia has the worst lag by far.

Fenris Wolf

Mod of War Mod of War knows where I was last week and who I was talking to.
Man i wish i was best friends with you and mod of war :( Then i could know everything :messenger_smiling_horns:
Jokes aside, Why some people are actually trying their best to prove that you're wrong? I think we can all wait until the proper reveal of things and then start pointing out our fingers toward people...
I personally think you're correct and even if you're not i don't think anything changes for anyone...

=====
Personally I highly doubt we see 13tf in PS5. i think it would be matching the XsX's, maybe 0.2 above or below that.

Pretty sure there were game streaming platforms before PSNow. Wasn’t onLive a thing on pc years ago?

edit: ahh yeah, Sony actually bought them just to shut them down, lol

both of these came way before PSnow and OnLive for example actually worked way better in terms of latency comapred to Gaikai an PSNow, PSNow is still by far the worst streaming tech on the market, and sadly Remote Play on PS4 seems to be based on it, and because of this Remote Play on PS4 has literally twice the input lag of Stadia and more than twice compared to Steam Remote play and Xbox Remote play to PC (the mobile version is completely different at the current beta version)
I know it was a streaming platform, did know for what. Thanks for the info anyway.
I've a connection only a bit better than the minimum and usually it works fine, but I live in Denmark so it may be due to lack of traffic on the servers.

Last edited:

Banned
So much disinformation in one post. Stadia has the worst lag by far.

PS4 Remote Play (PS4 to PC/Vita) - 100ms to 150ms
Xbox One Remote Play (Xbox to PC) - 40ms to 60ms
Steam Remote Play (PC to Android or TV) - 40ms to 50ms
Stadia (Server to PC) - 44ms to 50ms

sources
PS4:

Xbox (this was from a beta with consistency issues that have been resolved): https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-xbox-one-streaming-on-windows-10
Stadia: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-stadia-tech-review
Steam Remote Play (also beta): https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-hands-on-with-steam-in-home-streaming

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

Keep in mind, he was verified, if it was wrong then his reputation would be destroyed and would get banned for it, but he said it and look now, he was right.
You are right, he did say RDNA. (Opinion) I just don't find his "presictions" compelling. My reasoning isn't a sound one, it's based on I would guessed the same double digits and RDNA. I remember the early 2019 Reddit leak as well which planted this seed.

MarkMe2525

It was not just RNDA, but he said RNDA 2.0. The XSex could've used RDNA 1.0 with customizations.

The impressiveness does not change the fact that Tommy correctly predicted the architecture and the architecture version. It is also irrelevant to the conversation as what is being contended is the correctness of insiders, in general.
We were referring to Klee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom