• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
When the PS5 is announced at 9TF I’m going to laugh my arse off, and everyone will be justifying the 9TF as good enough and secret dedicated first party sauce Will surely save the day anyway. You guys will always be PS fanboys and it’s sad.

Either 9TF is Bad or it’s totally 1000% OK.

Which is it?

Just call it good enough now and call it a day instead of trying to compete with 12TF.

Stop arguing against everything and start kissing 9TF ass now if you believe that 9TF PS5 is fine.

If not:
giphy.gif
I have another prediction

When people see the city in Spider-man 2, Kratos and the environments in God of War 5, huge metal machines over a sunrise in the sequel to Horizon, we won't care about teraflops

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
IIRC VFX said he knows someone who knows someone at Sony.
Osiris has claimed to have seen a next gen game running and gotten his info straight from a developers mouth.

Which "insider" do you trust to have the more accurate info?

Personally the only "insider" I'll trust is a guy called Mark Cerny.
Till he spills the beans it's not worth getting into keyboard brawls over stuff like this.
Yep or Shinobi602 and Jason Schreier ;)

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
So far what I can gather from the last ten pages is.....
1PS5 has been made with the hope's and Dreams of a Xbot.
2It'll be 9TF and this is not debatable unless it's less TF.
3PS5 doesn't have Ray Tracing.
4AMD held back the new stuff for MS and gave Sony last gen hardware.
5Sony is scared
6Probably doesn't have PS4 BC and kills kittens

But really the real reason some are so insistent on PS5 being lower spec is because not knowing is driving them mad
tumblr_o68y1a3C9V1saykiio1_500.gif

Last edited:

JAMMA

Last warning for console wars
So, Sony, who basically only revealed a logo and a few minor other details then went totally MIA, is ‘’shoving’’ 9TF down people’s throats?

I understand you’re on drugs, but care to tell us how much drugs you are on, and which is your drug of choice, so we can stay away?

Is this you ? :

Sony put the insufficient GPU in your PS5, not me. Classy post though, kudos.

LiquidRex

Regarding PS5 backwards compatibility... Surely people would expect Deep Learning to upscale PS1 games, and add Ray Tracing, than just simply putting in a PS1 disk and playing as if it's 1995 🤔

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
I am invested in next gen tech, really interested in it. Thats the point, once its revealed I will not be posting about Sony/MS revenue, meta scores, noise levels, TGA awards etc. because that is not something I am interested in.

Other guys, especially once quoting me, will defend their company of choice here for years to come. They are invested in companies because they are orthodox fanboys.

Stop repeating yourself with this. You’re just dumping fuel on a fire, and partaking in a passive aggressive fanboy like manner.

For everyone else:
JAMMA JAMMA has been removed from thread as well, so move on from that.

Last edited:

OrionNebula

Sony put the insufficient GPU in your PS5, not me. Classy post though, kudos.

They did??? Those bastards! How did they know I much GPU I wanted so that they’d underdeliver??

Man, go to bed or something.... there’s clearly something wrong with that brain of yours

Also, I don’t think you’d know what a classy post is even if it was slapping you across the face and taking a shit down your throat.

Still classy enough? That’s what I was going for

• LOL
Reactions: TLZ

Gudji

The most interesting tidbit for me:

On Financial Analysts Day AMD would share the first details about the new graphics cards that AMD has in the works. According to Mithun Chandrasekhar, the man behind Radeon product management, 'Big Navi', will change 4K gaming just as Ryzen did for CPUs.

“With the Radeon 5000-series we are essentially covering 90-something-percent of the total PC gamers today,” says Chandrasekhar. “And so that’s the reason why no 4K right now, it’s because the vast majority of them are at 1440p and 1080p. “Similar to Ryzen,” he says, “all of us need a thriving Radeon GPU ecosystem. So, are we going after 4K, and going to similarly disrupt 4K? Absolutely, you can count on that. But that’s all I can say right now.”

And some people still think the PS5 is sporting a 5700XT equivalent GPU along with RT. Lmao

Last edited:
That picture detailing everything somewhat proves my point.

Yeah, it can and very much SHOULD be taken with a grain of salt. I'm leery of anything regarding price for either system, especially in an economy on the precipice of bad news if this virus doesn't slow down.

But there it is again--something else says 13TF, that *one* TF over the XSX and everyone summarily dismisses it as horseshit or goes into Triggered mode.

If we take some insider information at face value and extrapolate it:

Heisen and Osiris said dev kits were not final nor in the hands of anyone except a scant first party. Newer, near final kits were expected sometime around now.

Tommy says the *target* was always 13TF RDNA.

BGs says "puberty" which can mean 12, but most would associate it with teen years(i.e 13).

Why does 13TF make people SO mad? 12TF was classified as fanboy's fiction until Microsoft shoved a pie in your face two different times.

Why the resistance to a single...digit difference?

It feels like the damned T800 around here arguing with John Connor.

"You just can't go around being 13TF!"

"Why?"

"What do you mean why? You can't!"

"Why?"

Yeah, it can and very much SHOULD be taken with a grain of salt. I'm leery of anything regarding price for either system, especially in an economy on the precipice of bad news if this virus doesn't slow down.

But there it is again--something else says 13TF, that *one* TF over the XSX and everyone summarily dismisses it as horseshit or goes into Triggered mode.

Heisen and Osiris said dev kits were not final nor in the hands of anyone except a scant first party. Newer, near final kits were expected sometime around now.

BGs says "puberty" which can mean 12, but most would associate it with teen years(i.e 13).

Why does 13TF make people SO mad? 12TF was classified as fanboy's fiction until Microsoft shoved a pie in your face two different times.

"Why?"

"Why?"
I mean yes, everything fine and dandy for me, but are we really even thinking about BGs hinting at 13 TF by examining the term "puberty"? A Spanish guy armed with Google Translator? Like, REALLY? What is he, some NeoGAF Edward Nigma angry with Nolan's trilogy? Don't overthink your overthinking at the very least.

nikolino840

"Why?"

"Why?"
For the price,of course can be 13,can be also the equivalent of two titan rtx in SLI and 4tb of SSD ,the technology exist 👍

I mean yes, everything fine and dandy for me, but are we really even thinking about BGs hinting at 13 TF by examining the term "puberty"? A Spanish guy armed with Google Translator? Like, REALLY? What is he, some NeoGAF Edward Nigma angry with Nolan's trilogy? Don't overthink your overthinking at the very least.

I'm just wanting Sony to finally speak and possibly confirm 11-13TF so I can see another 20 pages of hot takes on how both them and Microsoft are somehow still telling us fake news.

399$ for PS5 9.2 and PS5 PRO 13.3 for 599$, it would be nice.
If MS really can pull off that monster for 499, paying 100 more for 8% superior GPU and some components sightly higher doesn't seems a huge deal for me. Sure, numbers are good for marketing but games will speak even better. Based on what we know on Series X, that consoles is gonna be the REAL DEAL, I hope for PS5 also, but anyway everything beyond Series X is a wet fantasy for a console as far concerns me and a useless fantasy also, taking into account the levels we are reaching here.
Edit: if anything, enough with TF and GPUs, if you want to pay more money pay it for an even better CPU, we will have enough texture details and such already.

Last edited:
So far what I can gather from the last ten pages is.....
1PS5 has been made with the hope's and Dreams of a Xbot.
2It'll be 9TF and this is not debatable unless it's less TF.
3PS5 doesn't have Ray Tracing.
4AMD held back the new stuff for MS and gave Sony last gen hardware.
5Sony is scared
6Probably doesn't have PS4 BC and kills kittens

But really the real reason some are so insistent on PS5 being lower spec is because not knowing is driving them mad
tumblr_o68y1a3C9V1saykiio1_500.gif
Who's scared of a 9.2 TF 349$/€ VS 550 $/€ xbox again? 😂

PaintTinJr

The other day, it was mentioned that the gambled losses per unit for the early PS3 would be easier to managed on a PS5 in context of the current PS+ sub money.

This gen is presumably the generation Sony have been waiting nearly 20 years for – since they tried to do a video toaster from PS2 tech, and again with PS3 when RT Cgi-ing Spider-man. So it got me thinking...if Sony did a mult-chip PS5 with its strengths completely leaning towards ray-tracing, could they take an additional $100 loss on the first 10m units if they were able to utilise the additional RT hardware for their Sony Pictures’ cgi projects when the RT cores were idle on games like Fifa, CoD, etc? Recently watching some of Marvel and DC’s cgi output, IMHO the cgi by Sony in the penultimate Spider-man – I haven'tseen the latest one, only the trailer on my Xperi X1 - is better than Disney’s in all the Marvel films, except the ones with Spider-man in, and Disney’s early cgi was still world’s better than DC’s recent stuff in regards of the uncanny valley. Which then got me thinking if Sony would be able to sell that idle ps5 RT resource to WB, etc to have them subsidies the launch price. I presume not, but the ps2, ps3 attempts at video-toastering certainly keep it as a remote possibility (IMHO).

Sounds too good to be true, seems just a random anonymous whish post from a random user than a leak. But man, I'd be more than happy with this.
Here's the old leak i was looking for, source was somebody name Tommy Fisher

n41c3w74pyi41.png

Was it the only Leak that got it right about Xbox 12 TF RDNA2?

He was also saying PS5 is 13.3 TF, interesting, who knows if it's true or not.

That 13.3 number coming back again... suspicious
fzuab.jpg
Specs looks super strong, but 499$ is definitely a fantasy.
This could happen.
Lol guys i think we might get both consoles more than 12TF, Microsoft revealed a safer clock waiting for Sony announcement, i'm pretty sure they will raise the clocks to (1850Mhz) to compete with Ps5 both being 13.2TF-ish.
We good.

I don't even know why you would want a weaker machine only to pay one or two hundred bucks less over seven years and see Sony win over MS (maybe). I really don't know if we want to game or to sell and buy stocks here.
That what means a 9.2 TF. People who believe such a PS5 is gonna cost the same price as a xbox or even 400 $/€ are fooling themselves. Why price matter? You remember that survey saying BC and price are before power in what people care the most? A 9.2 TF at 349 is the best for both people and Sony. I have like zero problem to accept it. Enjoy your 550 $ toy. 😂

Sony are simply quiet because they need to sell as many ps4’s as possible and theres a big ps4 exclusive out in may that will sell 10m+ copies. I expect a ps5 reveal in june. I cannot predict how powerful it will be however they won’t go down the route of releasing a £600 console at launch.

MS, like last gen want to hit the reset button because their current console just isn’t as popular as its competition. I think they will do well to sell the series x at less than £550 with those specs, which are very good.

HawarMiran

Banned
Sony are simply quiet because they need to sell as many ps4’s as possible and theres a big ps4 exclusive out in may that will sell 10m+ copies. I expect a ps5 reveal in june. I cannot predict how powerful it will be however they won’t go down the route of releasing a £600 console at launch.

MS, like last gen want to hit the reset button because their current console just isn’t as popular as its competition. I think they will do well to sell the series x at less than £550 with those specs, which are very good.
TloU will sell anyways. The reveal changes nothing. Because people already know PS5 is coming end of this year. Most people won't be able to wait to play it on PS5. And you can play your PS4 disc on the PS5

That what means a 9.2 TF. People who believe such a PS5 is gonna cost the same price as a xbox or even 400 $/€ are fooling themselves. Why price matter? You remember that survey saying BC and price are before power in what people care the most? A 9.2 TF at 349 is the best for both people and Sony. I have like zero problem to accept it. Enjoy your 550 $ toy. 😂
I'm not saying that MS will win just by power because yes, if it is around 600 it will not be easy. Yet, again, I don't see why ME, as a consumer, should want a significantly less powerful machine only to spare some bucks which, in a timeframe of seven years, will be irrilevant regardless. Sony selling more consoles because price do not concern me. And spending 200 dollars more in an entire generation isn't really a problem anyway, so yeah, maybe I will enjoy. Probably not, because I always had PS.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned

It's called opinions, tastes and wants. What you eat doesn't make me shit. I want whatever console I get to be the most advanced. It's like cell phones, thy all make calls and take pictures but why do ppl or many ppl upgrade every year? They want the best, most powerful, new features.

And then you have others like yourself that may not prioritize tht but thts OK.

Last edited:
It's called opinions, tastes and wants. What you eat doesn't make me shit. I want whatever console I get yo be the most advanced. It's like cell phones thy all make calls and take pictures but why do ppl or many ppl upgrade every year? They want the best, most powerful, new features.

And then you have others like yourself that may not prioritize tht but thts OK.
He's right in contesting me as I'm doing the same. I just don't see why I should care about Sony having a better price on a worst machine only because it would probably sell more. So what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom