• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
p8N7bly.jpg

03NDTGq.png

Fuck em

"We won't give out our info, but we want yours."

Especially from a site where the mods and protected users sanction doxing. Hecht bragged about doxing the CDPR employee on Twitter and tried weaseling his way into the job after the dude was supposedly let go.

You did the right thing to avoid them. At least EviLore EviLore has his face and information out there via social media. Their fraud site owner goes into hiding.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
just create an email and send transistor the username and password and leave the info in draft like David Patreaus and his mistress. i dont understand your need for secrecy.

nothing those mods have said to you warrants a fuck em. they have been nice and professional. no one is going to give you their private number. surely you can understand that.

bitching about it here is just going to get you banned there which is bizarre because you keep going back there.

Gediminas

Banned
And ima speak for most Sony fans on here. I'm not fixated on it being stronger because thts not a priority to me what I don't like are morons pushing a single digit tera flop narrative just because they want psv to be less powerful. I just want both consoles to be close and double digit tera flops and for the github club to be embarrassed for the nonsense they spewed. Thy spent too much energy trying to downplay the psv.
i would like that sony would be stronger. bragging right would be in sony corner for power, so we could rest this shit for good. just be as close as possible because developers should spend more time on other areas.

I was always a little skeptical of him especially once he posted the modified picture of the dev kits that had already leaked and saying the systems were going to be RDNA 2 (which I thought there was no way that was happening), but after seeing his prediction pretty much hit the nail on the head with the XSX specs I am now intrigued, it will be interesting if he is correct with the PS5 specs as well.
That was not Tommy, it was a troll that was already expelled.

LucidFlux

Shower thought I had recently regarding the conflicting performance metrics we've been seeing from the various sources. The real world performance of one project may very well show console X having a slight advantage, while a different game may have Console Y in the lead. This makes sense if both machines are very close overall but one has a slight CPU advantage while the other has a GPU advantage. Depending on what the game is doing it'll eventually hit its bottleneck by full stressing either the cpu, gpu, i/o or all of the above and there will always be a bottleneck. The good thing is the the floor will be raised much higher next-gen with the massive leap in cpu power we're getting which was our major bottleneck this gen. So if someone's source has Xbox in the lead based on the performance of a particular title, then that game may just be pushing the cpu very hard whereas on another game that's GPU limited may have PS ahead. Not saying that's where they both stand but could explain some conflicting performance deltas. Just food for thought.

OsirisBlack

Banned
just create an email and send transistor the username and password and leave the info in draft like David Patreaus and his mistress. i dont understand your need for secrecy.

nothing those mods have said to you warrants a fuck em. they have been nice and professional. no one is going to give you their private number. surely you can understand that.

bitching about it here is just going to get you banned there which is bizarre because you keep going back there.
That fuck em was directed at the users of that forum that said I didn’t attempt to get vetted. Not the mods who were in fact polite.

edited to add:I won’t be back

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
And I knew it was gonna come up when that tweet got posted.

Like I said before, maybe Sony stuck with their orig tf target, regardless of GCN or RDNA. To me, that sounds like a valid theory.

I also think early on when there were rumblings about the specs may sound disappointing, some insiders expected both to just do a straight conversion from GCN to RDNA, and go with whatever the tf conversion would have been. Instead of sticking to the tf amount.

If that makes any sense, lol. I think you get what I'm trying to say tho.
i think the target was 14 tflops. and they worked around it. hbm, 7nm+, rdna 2.0 efficiences, fancy and expensive cooling solution were all chosen to get to 14. it seems they werent able to but i think 13-13.8 is still possible. just like how they settled for 1.84 instead of 2.0 tflops for the ps4.

i think the target was 14 tflops. and they worked around it. hbm, 7nm+, rdna 2.0 efficiences, fancy and expensive cooling solution were all chosen to get to 14. it seems they werent able to but i think 13-13.8 is still possible. just like how they settled for 1.84 instead of 2.0 tflops for the ps4.
Haha I think u r dripping 😂.u need to change underwear bro

If you, Tommy Fischer are saying PS5 is 13 TFLOPS, then why is HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 saying its between 10-11? All three of you should be stating its 13 TFLOPS.

Better question is why has no silicon surfaced in testing results indicating a PS5 chip fitting specifications to reach that number? I mean it definitely sounds like a great target to hit but we have GPU database entries on many, many other AMD GPUs and APUs that have been officiated in one way or another and, more importantly, we have actually datamined information for.

And it still doesn't answer why a certain other chip has been tested as recently up to December from last year. Unless the base/Pro plans are actually holding some validity, or there is another PS5-related APU with data that will show up very soon (if Sony's actually going to talk of specs or specs somehow get leaked out this soon, it shouldn't take more than a month for such a chip's data to be found in AMD's database bank), be it another Oberon stepping or a revision chip.

Because given what PS5 chips exist that we have actual evidence of existence on, there's but a few ways to reach the numbers Osiris mentioned in their post:

-Full active 40CU Oberon E0 clocked @ 2600MHz (13.3)

-Full active 40CU Oberon E0 clocked @ 2550MHz (13.05)

- Oberon E0* with 48CUs clocked @ 2125MHz (13.05)

- Oberon E0* with 54CUs clocked @ 1890MHz (13.06)

- Oberon E0* with 56CUs clocked @ 1815MHz (13.009)

- Unknown Chip

Highlighted that specific option because it mirrors the butterfly setup, 18 x 3 = 54. However, the E0* ones are scenarios where E0 is a larger Oberon chip than the others. We don't actually have data yet on the CU setup for Oberon E0, so it's possible it could have additional units. After all, it had a fix for the memory controller on it as well. However, one thing working against this, is that steppings with that large a change between previous ones usually get a full revision. IIRC that usually means a different codename to go with it.

So E0 could fit the criteria the whole time and we just don't know it yet, or there's another chip on the database (by now it would absolutely be recorded onto the database, it's already early March) fitting the criteria. But if it's another chip altogether, why was E0 tested as late as December 2019? Wouldn't it actually be more hopeful that E0 is this "other chip" and has the means of providing the higher numbers sanely?

We also have to ask what chip is in the latest devkit that was supposedly sent out. The V-shaped devkit had one of the pre-E0 Oberon steppings in it, and that devkit was sent roughly around the time of E3 2019 (or shortly after). Given the timing insiders were claiming the new devkit was sent and E0's logging, I'm going to assume the latest devkit has the E0 stepping in it. We already know E0 upped the bandwidth some, but we don't know if it has additional CUs on it (being a bigger chip than the previous steppings). If it does, would such an addition still fit in giving it a stepping designation, or fall more in line with a full revision?

I mean, I'd like to believe it, but as you say there's still too many other things of valid concern to prevent that just yet. But that's just my opinion. Either way we'll be finding out soon where PS5 actually is in terms of at least some of the major specs, and probably get additional details on XSX like the storage and memory amount/bandwidth. All leading up to E3 of course.

DJ12

I am sorry Tommy Fisher Tommy Fisher I doubted you, but it looks like you were right from the beginning, since that specs info that you’ve leaked and now it turned out to be correct.

You were the 1st one who confirmed Xbox Series X to be at 12 TF RDNA 2.0

Now OsirisBlackis with you about PS5 reaching 13 TF RDNA 2.0.
12.1 and 13.6 I think

SSfox

I'd be ok with 10 or 11, sur the most is the better, but i'm sure even 9 or 10 TF would already largely do the job.

Hoping that Demon's Souls Remake rumour was a real thing.

So.. can I take it the next Xbox agenda will be...

PS5 is 13TFlops RDNA1 vs Series X RDNA2..
When Cerny says RDNA2... Cerny is lying.
Cerny clarifies RDNA2....
Then they will say Series X is RDNA 2.9, A precursor to RDNA3.
2020 version of asshole Albert Penello we have smartest people at Microsoft, we will never give an advantage to Sony bs nonsense.

Gamernyc78

Banned
I'd be ok with 10 or 11, sur the most is the better, but i'm sure even 9 or 10 TF would already largely do the job.

Hoping that Demon's Souls Remake rumour was a real thing.

Bro my most wanted game is Demon Souls sequel or Remastered. I fucking loved tht game and put hundreds of hours into it. Hey at least if the bc rumors end up being true we can revisit it with some extra polish.

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Better question is why has no silicon surfaced in testing results indicating a PS5 chip fitting specifications to reach that number? I mean it definitely sounds like a great target to hit but we have GPU database entries on many, many other AMD GPUs and APUs that have been officiated in one way or another and, more importantly, we have actually datamined information for.

And it still doesn't answer why a certain other chip has been tested as recently up to December from last year. Unless the base/Pro plans are actually holding some validity, or there is another PS5-related APU with data that will show up very soon (if Sony's actually going to talk of specs or specs somehow get leaked out this soon, it shouldn't take more than a month for such a chip's data to be found in AMD's database bank), be it another Oberon stepping or a revision chip.

Because given what PS5 chips exist that we have actual evidence of existence on, there's but a few ways to reach the numbers Osiris mentioned in their post:

-Full active 40CU Oberon E0 clocked @ 2600MHz (13.3)

-Full active 40CU Oberon E0 clocked @ 2550MHz (13.05)

- Oberon E0* with 48CUs clocked @ 2125MHz (13.05)

- Oberon E0* with 54CUs clocked @ 1890MHz (13.06)

- Oberon E0* with 56CUs clocked @ 1815MHz (13.009)

- Unknown Chip

Highlighted that specific option because it mirrors the butterfly setup, 18 x 3 = 54. However, the E0* ones are scenarios where E0 is a larger Oberon chip than the others. We don't actually have data yet on the CU setup for Oberon E0, so it's possible it could have additional units. After all, it had a fix for the memory controller on it as well. However, one thing working against this, is that steppings with that large a change between previous ones usually get a full revision. IIRC that usually means a different codename to go with it.

So E0 could fit the criteria the whole time and we just don't know it yet, or there's another chip on the database (by now it would absolutely be recorded onto the database, it's already early March) fitting the criteria. But if it's another chip altogether, why was E0 tested as late as December 2019? Wouldn't it actually be more hopeful that E0 is this "other chip" and has the means of providing the higher numbers sanely?

We also have to ask what chip is in the latest devkit that was supposedly sent out. The V-shaped devkit had one of the pre-E0 Oberon steppings in it, and that devkit was sent roughly around the time of E3 2019 (or shortly after). Given the timing insiders were claiming the new devkit was sent and E0's logging, I'm going to assume the latest devkit has the E0 stepping in it. We already know E0 upped the bandwidth some, but we don't know if it has additional CUs on it (being a bigger chip than the previous steppings). If it does, would such an addition still fit in giving it a stepping designation, or fall more in line with a full revision?

I mean, I'd like to believe it, but as you say there's still too many other things of valid concern to prevent that just yet. But that's just my opinion. Either way we'll be finding out soon where PS5 actually is in terms of at least some of the major specs, and probably get additional details on XSX like the storage and memory amount/bandwidth. All leading up to E3 of course.
Because github.

No, seriously, if this winds up being true for PS5, yes I still remain skeptical until officially confirmed....

It was probably because of the way Sony is doing BC. And focusing on nailing it. Also, with the questions surrounding github after folks started digging into the info, it should have been taken with a grain of salt for PS5.

Matched Series X to a tee tho.

I've said before it should have been treated on the same level as an insider. I really think some thought it was the same thing as the SuperDae hack. Its not IMO.

What made me sit up and take notice recently is a post on another forum saying it's possible the github data was a mix of 2 gpu's... older and newer version. Ariel vs Oberon.

There was too much smoke around the data being incomplete, off, etc

Last edited:

LiquidRex

So as of right now... It is not known what Tommy Fisher has shown privately, we still don't know if the PS5 is 13.3tfs correct? 🤔

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Tommy brought this upon himself. He refused to get vetted even after Mod of War asked him to get verified. Then continued to post for a month. Then promised to self ban after no news in february and didnt. he also screwed up when he posted the specs and listed L1 and L2 cache for the PS5 gpu which is only in GCN gpus, and we know the PS5 is based on Navi.

you are not going to get anyone to believe you if you refused to get verified and then go back on your word to self ban.

He also said this back in January which at least so far hasn't been proven to be true:

"BTW it's up to you believe me or not, but things gonna be clear very soon and you will find out who knows and who knows shit.

Bonus?
Remedy and Housemarque have been in Sony's WWS family for a while now!

Techland belongs to MS now!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom