• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

44alltheway

I’m not sure why I have to answer to whoever you are? I’ve spent nearly 20 years in the industry in various capacities, from working on retail projects (one of which released recently and was a big subject here for a while) to working on indie projects. I’ve worked with some of the best known artists and designers in the field. I currently own and run my own indie studio. Most of my own work colleagues are friends to me and work in various places, including first party studios.

I’ve never claimed to be an insider. That term is for somebody who actually has first hand knowledge. I have regular discussions with people who are, right this second, working with up to date DK revisions.

I post nothing without sending it to [IMG alt="Mod of War"]https://www.neogaf.com/data/avatars/s/746/746733.jpg?1540314549[/IMG] Mod of War first.

So I’ll pay you the same curtesy you showed me.

Who are YOU, and when did YOU become a rude asshole?
and tid bitz u can give us

It's time for this thread to

RO01RPJ.gif

EDIT: Well, at least for me. See you at the unveiling. JwP signing out...

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I've had my C9 since about November, and have zero signs of burn in or any other problems. It has a screensaver that starts after leaving the screen static for about 30 seconds. They've implemented a lot of things in the newer models to pretty much make it impossible to get burn in unless you're watching news channels or playing the same games for hours and hours at a time every day. I think most people would be fine.

It's all about how long you play, usually when a good SP game hits I play for around 8-10+ hours daily. Using my PC on it it can be even more with the PC. What doesn't suit me doesn't mean it won't suit others though. Picture quality wise OLED's are still at the top of the pyramid.

and tid bitz u can give us

He share a whole bunch today using pigeons as code lol.
But the run down is current dev kits can get to 11.6 getting pass 12 would be to hard .
Bandwith is 512GB and Ram is 16GB.
So like he said before chances are PS5 could end up at 11.6 TF .

Last edited:

geordiemp

Odium so u feel 11 to 13 is the range it will land in ?

If you do some detective work on this thread....he said 11.5 to 11.6 with development clocks last info numerous times....but you then have final retail clocks so...

Everyone then kept getting hit by Github and the sarcasm started, anything with 9,2 was a joke for almost a week, especially considering its still 9.2 on era, even when known large devs posted on liners in era saying they will eat allot of crow at 9,2.

There is enough info on both forums if you look hard enough and ignore Colberts Github gang.

FERN

I've had my C9 since about November, and have zero signs of burn in or any other problems. It has a screensaver that starts after leaving the screen static for about 30 seconds. They've implemented a lot of things in the newer models to pretty much make it impossible to get burn in unless you're watching news channels or playing the same games for hours and hours at a time every day. I think most people would be fine.
Yup my C8 is the same way, I have zero worries of burn-in.

WRONG!
He said it would take some time before we could tell which one is more powerful, if ever.

Yep , he said the other parts will make a difference and even then you might not be able to say who more powerful .
If these system that close TF wise other parts will decide but at the end of the day it won't matter much since they so close.

HawarMiran

Banned
You know what this HZD news means right? It starts this way and will develope into "All Sony exclusives on PC and Playstation on day one". Maybe not this generation but next. If Sony can keep their games on the level of fidelity we are used to while simultaneously releasing on PC, they will do it.

Or maybe they will go the route of Rockstar. Sounds more plausible.

Last edited:
He share a whole bunch today using pigeons as code lol.
But the run down is current dev kits can get to 11.6 getting pass 12 would be to hard .
Bandwith is 512GB and Ram is 16GB.
So like he said before chances are PS5 could end up at 11.6 TF .
I wonder what will happen to this insiders with their varying teraflop leaks if PS5 ends up at , for example, 12.9 as Benji predicted last year and we find out that was always the target and it never moved.

ethomaz

Banned
You know what this HZD news means right? It starts this way and will develope into "All Sony exclusives on PC and Playstation on day one". Maybe not this generation but next. If Sony can keep their games on the level of fidelity we are used to while simultaneously releasing on PC, they will do it.

I can be wrong but I think their ideia is to make these that played HZD on PC become a PlayStation gamer buying PlayStation consoles.

If Sony announces HZD2 for PS5 soon then I will be more convinced of my thinking.

Last edited:

BatSu

Next one will be GOW

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
There was a mistranslation from Japanese to English. When they said the will be sharing more information in the months to come, they really meant to say, they will be sharing information many months from now.

Sinthor

Gold Member
Straight from the horse's mouth.

Before the Twitter PR warriors go into overdrive over Horizon going to PC.
3oAyqwf.png

I don't see a problem with getting this game on PC 3+ years after release. In fact, I think the idea is to release this on PC...get PC gamers hooked on it, then release the sequel "only on Playstation" and try to draw new customers to the console as a result. Sounds like a marketing strategy to me!

HawarMiran

Banned
I can be wrong but I think their ideia is to make these that played HZD on PC become a PlayStation gamer buying PlayStation consoles.

If Sony announces HZD2 for PS5 soon then I will be more convinced of my thinking.
I feel like they see the big cake they are missing out on and they want a piece of that cake. In the end it doesn't matter if the people have Playstations. As long as they can sell their products.

travisktl

It's all about how long you play, usually when a good SP game hits I play for around 8-10+ hours daily. Using my PC on it it can be even more with the PC. What doesn't suit me doesn't mean it won't suit others though. Picture quality wise OLED's are still at the top of the pyramid.
Ahh ok. That makes a huge difference. I mainly use my tv for YouTube and Netflix. When a new game comes out, I'll usually play for 4-5 hours in the evening on weekdays, and about 6-7 hours on weekends.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Ahh ok. That makes a huge difference. I mainly use my tv for YouTube and Netflix. When a new game comes out, I'll usually play for 4-5 hours in the evening on weekdays, and about 6-7 hours on weekends.

You are in the safe zone, not sure if I envy you though because OLED's feel almost 3D! I'm still knida extreme, although sometimes I don't play at all for months.

I've always been a huge Playstation fan. I will buy the PS5 as soon as I can because I know Sony will absolutely deliver a satisfying experience for me, as they have proven themselves over the last 26 years to me. I was born just before the first Playstation came out, and we've always had a Playstation in the house.

That said, if I could get Bloodborne on PC I would definitely double dip in a heartbeat. But that doesn't mean that if more and more Playstation exclusives end up on PC that I'll stop buying Playstation consoles. I have too many friends in the ecosystem, too many games, too many trophies, etc. There's just too much of what I value attached to my Playstation account for me to leave now.

LucidFlux

Yup my C8 is the same way, I have zero worries of burn-in.

Two C7's approaching 5k hours each and both are still burn-in free! Screen shift and the screen saver really seem to do the trick.

I do get occasional image retention but it quickly goes away. I am super OCD about taking good care of them though and use all the tricks to do so, but if you're the kind of person who would use it as a pc monitor for 8+ hours a day or has static non-transparent game HUDs on for 10+ hours a day I'd probably play it safe and steer clear of an OLED.

For our next upgrade I'm on that MicroLED train in the next 4-5 years though and as much as I've been contemplating upgrading the C7 in my man cave to a C9 for HDMI 2.1 and VRR, I must refrain or my wife might kill me. I can live with 4k60 for a few more years :)

ethomaz

Banned
Has this site got the specs right in the past?
Well the site only needs to be accurate after the GPU launches on market... that is when the APP needs to shows the accurate info from the hardware.

For non PC GPUs I don't believe they have even old GPU consoles right.

Last edited:

M-V2

Nothing against games going to PC, but "Only on PlayStation" is false advertising, Sony should be clear about their strategy, if their 1st party games going to PC day & date or 1 year later then I would stick to my PC instead of spending $500 or so on a new console. I'm that person who can wait a year, so it would be nice if they clear this out.

kareemna

Nothing against games going to PC, but "Only on PlayStation" is false advertising, Sony should be clear about their strategy, if their 1st party games going to PC day & date or 1 year later then I would stick to my PC instead of spending $500 or so on a new console. I'm that person who can wait a year, so it would be nice if they clear this out.

HZD is a 3 year old game, dont think they will even think about porting to a PC if the game is a year old.

So Jason tweeted out that he heard Sony was way more vocal about PS5 talk with the development community than Microsoft was, but Microsoft has communicated their next-gen plans hell a lot more with the general public than Sony has with PS5. I get it that Microsoft is trying to regain their brand value and thus all the talk about Xbox Series X. Sure PS4 is the market leader and they have got exclusives still to be released. So I get that they may want to wait until the games come out before talking about PS5. But it wouldn't hurt to mention a bit of info on PS5 between now and June when E3 begins right?

Last edited:

RyanEvans21

False Advertising if the game release the same day on PC.

Hatsuma

Helmen confirmed no day and date releases on PC, so I'm fine with exclusives going to PC after a few years.

I believe Colin Moriarty mentioned an interesting theory. Some of their titles they are going release to PC after they exhausted console sales. Two fold make additional revenue from PC in addition to luring PC players to buy PS5 for sequel.

Interesting perspective and strategy if true. Either way, good thing n I expect 4k 60 patch for ps5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom