• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

saintjules

Just out of interest, what are his PS5 predictions?

I know he had a podcast episode talking about predictions that were not based off rumors. Can't remember much about that, but he did mention in the December podcast that PS5 will have "PS5 only" titles among the 3rd party games. Podcast can't be accessed but here's a Reddit link talking about it:

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned

About Horizon Zero Dawn coming to pc

+1 for Jason’s flawless track record :messenger_sunglasses:

I will post my guesses from the other thread.
Looks like part of PS5 marketing plan.
HZD2 to be announced soon.
The article read like they are trying to shows what you can play on PlayStation only to PC players.

They will probably announce HZD sequel for PS5 near the PC port of first game release.

Marketing push for new players.

They will probably do that with others sequels like Spider-man 1 releasing on PC near Spider-Man 2 for PS5.

Work like free game push on PS+ when the sequel is near release but this time for PC players.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
horizon zero dawn on PC is a big win. how can that be a bad thing?
Some people have the reasoning that you only buy consoles for exclusives, otherwise you would use a PC. Since Microsoft already releases everything on PC, Playstation was the only platform with actual exclusives. If they are now also being released on PC, people that really care about that exclusivity now suddenly only have to buy a PC, which they already had. So not sure why they care about it, but for gamers that don't play the console wars this is always a win.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Me watching the fight

WZuU.gif

Reindeer

Some people have the reasoning that you only buy consoles for exclusives, otherwise you would use a PC. Since Microsoft already releases everything on PC, Playstation was the only platform with actual exclusives. If they are now also being released on PC, people that really care about that exclusivity now suddenly only have to buy a PC, which they already had. So not sure why they care about it, but for gamers that don't play the console wars this is always a win.
That's all fine and dandy, but this kind of logic shouldn't apply to games that are years old and are basically being given away for free at this point.

He was part of the chain gang that left for Ree. I am sure he will never come back, nor do I care. He needs to grow a spine instead of trolling people with tweets, only to block them like a pussyboy.
Maybe you should treat him with a minimum amount of respect so you leave the door open for him to come back here when/if he eventually realizes the guys running that forum are not the good/nice samaritans they pretend to be.

ethomaz

Banned
Interesting how Horizon is apparently a good fit for PC while more known franchise like Uncharted is not. I think this has to do more with Decima being ported to PC more than anything, so I'm not sure there will be many more PlayStation games coming to PC anytime soon.
Maybe related to the work they did for Death Strading for PC?

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
That's all fine and dandy, but this kind of logic shouldn't apply to games that are years old and are basically being given away for free at this point.
It should never apply... Games without exclusivity is best for gamers. Even if those games would be available on PC I would still buy the PS5 or XSX. And I don't think Sony and Microsoft care either, since they still sold software or services on which they make the most money.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Maybe you should treat him with a minimum amount of respect so you leave the door open for him to come back here when/if he eventually realizes the guys running that forum are not the good/nice samaritans they pretend to be.

Sure, when he stops shitting on gamers overall with his clickbait ideological pushing agenda every other month from his outfit.

You are naive if you think he does not know and has not been a part of them for some time over there.

Last edited:

scie

Ok, Horizon Zero Dawn confirmed for PC by official Playstation Blog:

"Our talk covers a lot of ground: from upcoming film and TV projects based on Uncharted and The Last of Us, to the upcoming PC port of Horizon: Zero Dawn, to what’s next for PlayStation’s international network of game studios. "

Speaking of experimentation, there have been rumors of a Horizon Zero Dawn complete edition that might be coming to PC… can you confirm or deny that?

Yes, I can confirm that Horizon Zero Dawn is coming to PC this summer…. There will be more information coming from Guerrilla, from the new studio directors [Michiel van der Leeuw, JB van Beek, and Angie Smets] pretty soon.

Last edited:

Gediminas

Banned
they will lower some of their sales by doing that. a lot of people could assume that PS games coming to PC and hold on buying the games, consoles, less PSN+ . plus, it is like house of cards, especially with PSN+, they rake huge money from that, so less consoles, less games, less subscription. i don't see how it is good thing in the long run for other games and system. perception of exclusives is very strong on PS system. they don't want to plant a doubt seed in people's mind.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Who you telling 800 was always my limit :ROFLMAO: . But want something good for this gen to make most of the new consoles

You might find something with that budget that will satisfy you. Paying too much doesn't always translate to better value for your usage. Keep an eye for TCL, Sony XH90, and Vizio on Black Friday.

ethomaz

Banned
Sure, when he stops shitting on gamers overall with his clickbait ideological pushing agenda every other month from his outfit.

You are naive if you think he does not know and has not been a part of them for some time over there.
Man some truth from his articles/tweets really did hurt your feelings :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Edit - Changed by request.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Man some truth for his article really did hurt your feelings :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Huh? Has nothing to do with the article. Has to do with how he talk shit, then blocks people.

I never even played the game.

And here is my comment on it:

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
RTING already did a one year test for OLEDs and here are the results:

Seen that, but from people I know one guy got bad burn-ins withing 3 months, a shop is avoiding LG OLED's and said Sony's are still better "funny that all OLED's are sold by LG Panel branch". I have ZERO trust in OLED's, and 100000% will get burn-ins withing few months. That test can be thrown in the nearest trash with all due respect.

Reindeer

It should never apply... Games without exclusivity is best for gamers. Even if those games would be available on PC I would still buy the PS5 or XSX. And I don't think Sony and Microsoft care either, since they still sold software or services on which they make the most money.
I personally think first party games should have 1 year exclusivity to make console purchase justified, but after that sales are usually extremely low and it would make a lot more sense to make it available to wider crowd by releasing on PC while it still relatively fresh. This could also entice PC gamers to buy a console to play sequels to these games or other high quality first party games.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
they will lower some of their sales by doing that. a lot of people could assume that PS games coming to PC and hold on buying the games, consoles, less PSN+ . plus, it is like house of cards, especially with PSN+, they rake huge money from that, so less consoles, less games, less subscription. i don't see how it is good thing in the long run for other games and system. perception of exclusives is very strong on PS system. they don't want to plant a doubt seed in people's mind.
It's a different business model, and you might be correct that for Playstation specifically it's a less lucrative option. For Microsoft it's different because they are able to sell way more other stuff due to the PC environment.

I personally think first party games should have 1 year exclusivity to make console purchase justified, but after that sales are usually extremely low and it would make a lot more sense to make it available to wider crowd by releasing on PC while it still relatively fresh.
Personally I don't need that justification, because I don't like PC gaming. Even plugging a PC into your TV and then sitting on the couch is a whole different experience. From OS, updates, to the whole environment. Plug&play is easiest for me.

Neo Blaster

Except they are not releasing day and date on PC, nor confirmed all of them will eventually. If people are willing to wait an undetermined amount of time for a title that may or may not release on PC, then I don't think they are that invested on that game at all.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
My LG OLED has had thousands of hours of gaming, is a 2017 model, and also thousands of hours of TV, including that bastard peppa pig... An no burn in, at all, from any hud, element or whatever... And there are games I've put hundreds of hours into alone as well...

Odd that... It's almost like if you take care of your TV, it lasts? Weird...

It's not like the guys who had burn-ins were using it as a surfing board, but it's a big matter of long sessions. If you don't do that then I think you'll be fine, as you are now :messenger_winking_tongue: (y) You Scouser!:messenger_pouting:

ethomaz

Banned
You are one to talk. We are derailing this enough so stop trying to poke, and go get your good boy biscuit from him.
You are salty about a guy you never read anything from him?

Because he is the complete opposite of what you say... he is direct and only tell you the info the are reliable.... his opinion are based in actual info and not guesses.

You can not like what he says but that not make him a bad person like you dream he is.

Last edited:

Audiophile

My LG OLED has had thousands of hours of gaming, is a 2017 model, and also thousands of hours of TV, including that bastard peppa pig... An no burn in, at all, from any hud, element or whatever... And there are games I've put hundreds of hours into alone as well...

Odd that... It's almost like if you take care of your TV, it lasts? Weird...

I honestly think it's luck of the draw. I have a LG C7 55" OLED that I got 18 months ago and the YouTube app has totally ruined it.

I was aware upfront that static yellow/red elements on the screen can be problematic and I've always been incredibly vigilant about any being left on screen for more than a a minute, plus the screensaver is permanently on of course.

It hasn't suffered burn-in from prolonged individual periods of exposure due to carelessness but premature aging of the red/green sub-pixels (ironically not the blue) from brief, repeated exposures over a long period of time. Thankfully I don't have any games with major yellow/red ui elements, if I had, I'm certain it would have caused further, severe issues on this display. Pixel shift only effects the outer 1-2px of the ui elements in question and the refresher doesn't do anything for this.

I've been on to LG and tried communicating with YouTube about the issues, expressing that there shouldn't be an app built in to an OLED TV with static UI elements in yellow/red and that for OLED models they should be modified to monochromatic or alternate colour designs. Even some of the native LG UI has started to cause issues and that's barely ever on screen.

As much as I love the incredibly natural look and deep blacks of OLED, I may have to go back to a higher end LCD until MicroLED comes along. Though I may consider a CX if burn-in is much improved.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Seems like a good move for Sony.

Horizon won’t be shifting notable amounts of units anymore. PS4 is almost over. A lot of basic engine work is done, thanks to Death Stranding.

It’s hard for me to see where making a bunch of money off of PC gamers, for likely little overhead, is a bad thing.

If Sony sets the expectation that all their content will be available on PC, months or a year later, sure. The only expectation set here, though, is that PC might get a couple of PS5 exclusives in close to 2030.

We’ll have to see the situation develops, but Sony seems to be very much pushing it’s consoles first and foremost, cognizant of their exclusives as a selling point.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
It's not like the guys who had burn-ins were using it as a surfing board, but it's a big matter of long sessions. If you don't do that then I think you'll be fine, as you are now :messenger_winking_tongue: (y) You Scouser!:messenger_pouting:

SCOUSER?! How bloody dare you! 🤬🤬🤬

But no, I’ve seen some people cock things up really easily with OLEDs, and there IS a bit of a panel lottery (well there is with a lot of other tech too). But use them well, and they will last you.

I’m just waiting on a decent 120hrz 75“ set to appear so I can replace this.

Now, a counter point:

I have an iPhone X and that has the keyboard burnt into the bottoms of the screen. Annoying to say the least.

Last edited:

I just think you are making the same mistake they do there, thinking they have the absolute truth and being an asshole to people who think differently.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
So he did hurt your feeling lol

No, but you're starting to annoy me. Amazing how quickly you turn on people based on your ideological cuntery.

I just think you are making the same mistake they do there, thinking they have the absolute truth and being an asshole to people who think differently.

I can agree with this. I concede.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom