• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragona

Man, I will be so happy when this shit is over and game forums will actually celebrate games again.
Games that make use of fucking powerful new machines.

It is a direct linked to the particular site... he did not specifically said which part of it.

Edit - Tried to get a full pic.

73p9uOE.png

60 CU at 1.7 GHz isn't 13.3TF ... that alone should tell you something isn't right with those specs.

IkarugaDE

One S/X definitely if Lockart is a thing. PS4 Pro maybe because it won't be the premium experience anymore. But PS4 is an extremely successful console, this plus all extended time Sony give to their consoles after new gen arrives will keep it in the market for quite a while.
Hard to say. PS3 (except the premium first rev) and PS4 had no BC. So there was a meaningful reason to keep the PS2 and PS3 alive. PS5 has BC for PS4 as a minimum.
I see it as quite possible that PS4 and PS4 Pro disappear faster than their predecessors.
However, the PS1 (despite the full BC of the PS2) was still on the market until 2006. The only question is whether Sony sees this as meaningful these days.

Last edited:

Banned
Somethings are impossible.
Others not.

That is one of them.

He spread bullshit and now is being laughed about that... that is fair.

it is impossible? how? tell me how it is impossible for Sony to have early dev kits that used Jaguar cores?

are they suddenly unavailable?

are you aware how crude some early dev kits are?

the first dev kits for the Wii were literally game cubes with a wired Wii Remote linked up to them.
the 360's dev kits were repurposed Macs.

but yeah, it's absolutely impossible, physically and metaphysically in any dimension and universe that Sony had early dev kits that used Jaguar CPUs, maybe to get prototypes and alpha versions running faster for their teams that are used to developing games for that hardware... nah absolutely impossible.

it's like, how would one even do that? everyone know that after Zen came out every Jaguar CPU that is not used for the Xbox One and PS4 just vaporised into thin air!

Impossible I say!

Neo Blaster

Hard to say. PS3 (non-premium+first rev) and PS4 had no BC. So there was a meaningful reason to keep the PS2 and PS3 alive. PS5 has BC for PS4 as a minimum.
I see it as quite possible that PS4 and PS4 Pro disappear faster than their predecessors.
However, the PS1 (despite the full BC of the PS2) was still on the market until 2006. The only question is whether Sony sees this as meaningful these days.
Price is the reason here, do you really think people who haven't bought a PS4 so far will get a pricey premium console now? There will be many 3rd party crossgen games to keep the system going besides the current catalog.

IkarugaDE

Price is the reason here, do you really think people who haven't bought a PS4 so far will get a pricey premium console now? There will be many 3rd party crossgen games to keep the system going besides the current catalog.
Ah you're right. Forgot the pricepoint and standard customers, lol. If the PS5 really is that ~12TF-monster and Costs 500 as a minimum it could be likely they maintain the Ps4.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
One S/X definitely if Lockart is a thing. PS4 Pro maybe because it won't be the premium experience anymore. But PS4 is an extremely successful console, this plus all extended time Sony give to their consoles after new gen arrives will keep it in the market for quite a while.

The PS4 will still be sold along side as they have with their consoles of the past. It will still have games made for it for a couple of years due to the install base, and with a price cut, it will be a cheap entry into the ecosystem, etc..

They will then cease production in the future. I would not be shocked if they have a 7nm version with the price cut for another slim.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
This thread is really going to be something if it's 9.2, hell even 10. Sony guys fully confident. Xbox guys just waiting for the PS5 proof.

It's very exciting!

It's an "Xbox guy" leaking the riddles. He leans more Xbox even though he plays all. So take that for what you will, and not stir the pot too much.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I will be so happy when this shit is over and game forums will actually celebrate games again.
Games that make use of fucking powerful new machines.
That's pretty naive. We won't be celebrating games, but we will be celebrating the load times in milliseconds and the number of blades of gras. It's going to be great (y)

Fun Fanboy

Banned
It's an "Xbox guy" leaking the riddles. He leans more Xbox even though he plays all. So take that for what you will, and not stir the pot too much.
I wasn't talking about anyone on this site doing any riddles. Just in general from people online I've talked with. Some seem very confident PS5 is 9.2 to 10.6. And then this site and era are very confident PS5 is 13 tf.

It'll be a exciting time for all whenever Sony feels like giving out some numbers. I'm ready to eat or serve that crow! Getting hongry!

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
WTF, man? I have been checking their channel for "news" all this morning :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Is that "Dictator" user the same guy who started that rumor about the PS5 not having hardware-based RT? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

This poor guy has no clue about what is going on...

Yep.

All so ironic. Clean up yo shit.

I wasn't talking about anyone on this site doing any riddles. Just in general from people online I've talked with. Some seem very confident PS5 is 9.2 to 10.6. And then this site and era are very confident PS5 is 13 tf.

It'll be a exciting time for all whenever Sony feels like giving out some numbers. I'm ready to eat or serve that crow! Getting hongry!

giphy.gif

Last edited:
it is impossible? how? tell me how it is impossible for Sony to have early dev kits that used Jaguar cores?

the first dev kits for the Wii were literally game cubes with a wired Wii Remote linked up to them.

but yeah, it's absolutely impossible, physically and metaphysically in any dimension and universe that Sony had early dev kits that used Jaguar CPUs, maybe to get prototypes and alpha versions running faster for their teams that are used to developing games for that hardware... nah absolutely impossible.

it's like, how would one even do that? everyone know that after Zen came out every Jaguar CPU that is not used for the Xbox One and PS4 just vaporised into thin air!

Impossible I say!

Forget it, he is narrowminded about that. I already told him that, by 2017, it was pretty feasible to have an early PS5 devkit with Jaguar cores as a proving ground to move things forward: it would give devs an platform they knew already and could be related to the way Sony seems to like its BC: hardware based. But hey, he must have an uncle who got the very first devkit from Cerny himself!

People think that developing custom silicon at small scales is easy and cheap.

And disclaimer: Off course Sony would never release a PS5 with Jaguars. I don't take GitHub as a gospel and Alex's comment on the other place are exactly what people use to feed console warring and the "DF are all about Xbox and MS" narrative.

ethomaz

Banned

Impossible I say!
I will add more.

In that forum in 2019 before Sony/MS says Zen2 for their consoles there are a talk in ERA about guessing if it was possible to Sony made/build a prototype of PS5 using an APU with Jaguar cores.

Dictator read that and voila said in a video.

HZD confirmed for PC and Hulst on the matter :

And millions of butts all cried out at once, as today was the reckoning. They said this day would never come, but those promises made on wings of feathers were nothing but mere pixels to subside the hatred to come. Today, a Sony exclusive is nothing but a mere stain on the multi-platform steps of betrayal.

Just like that, a great game with high praises, now becomes trash.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom